How close are you to your stereotype?

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Bulgarian from a rural area, but most of the time I end up in the 2 big towns around it. So yeah... my Bulgarian stereotype search was somewhat unfruitful. So I'd have to go to a some literature work that embodies the Bulgarian stereotype a century ago, but the literary work purposefully exaggerates this character to the ridiculous for satire,irony, and mostly comedic effect. The negative traits are exaggerated, but I can openly say that i have quite a few myself.

- Sly and cunning as fox
- Overly suspicious
- Likes to hit his 'bang for the buck'(as in getting a free lunch)
- Holier than you attitude - I've been coming out of that recently, I just want to meet decent people :/

Otherwise I can come across as that tall skinny, anti-social nerd that never comes out of his house :3
Though when I do, I can be very social and so talkative that you can't get a word between my rants :D

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Well I'm Australian and I like to think I'm pretty good at inventing swears and keeping up my fucking swear quota fuck.
(Mods spare me i beg of you)
But aside from that and BBQs I'm not really a big fan of footy or drinking, or alcohol.
Though my accent can range anywhere from non-existent to something so heavy and mangled that even my neighbours would be baffled.

Oh and you read that right. Neighbo-U-rs

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I'm a Computer Science major.

I work out regularly
I had no knowledge of programming prior to starting uni
I have relatively clean skin
I don't like RTSes, Roguelikes, or Monster Hunter (That's a big thing in our common room right now)
I wear collared shirts

My god there's very few boxes I tick for this stereotype. Hell, most of my mates joke that I'm not a REAL computer science student.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Scottish so...

Likes a good drink - Check
Swears a lot - Check
Ginger - Nope

What other stereotypes do Scots have?
Pretty much the same as the Irish but with more bagpipes and skirts.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I'm an Australian that wears thongs, loves his beer and can drink ANY Irishman under the table any day of the week! :p

Edit: And let's not forget the Kangaroo I ride as my main form of transport!

Mourning_Star

Egotistical Jerk
Sep 4, 2011
Well I'm straight-from-Germany German on my dad's side, and I don't drink.
At all.
Or ever plan on it.
So, that's kind of breaking the stereotypical barrier, I guess.

SundayRoast

Jan 24, 2011
I am Finnish.
And I drink a fuckton of coffee per day.
There's one stereotype perpetrated.
Also cussing. But it should be understandable as our language has some of the best curses.
But I don't drink alcohol as much as I did last year.
But then again I can't ever drink just a little bit of salt-licorice-liquor.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
ClockworkPenguin said:
I'm British. I have a cup of tea in my hand as we speak. I arrogantly treat the British spelling/pronunciation as the 'right one'. I avoid eye contact on public transport and apologise if my shadow bumps into someone.

I even have wonky (though perfectly healthy) teeth.

So obviously I think the stereotype is offensive and completely off the mark.
This pretty much describes me too. Although I don't think my teeth are particularly bad.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Halyah said:
I'm from norway so...

... Is there a norwegian and/or scandinavian stereotype? I don't know. D:

I guess I can root up a local stereotype if that is better than nothing.
Isn't the Scandinavian stereotype that you're all tall, good looking, filthy rich, and Vikings?

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Well I'm Scottish. I own two kilts, regularly enjoy haggis and I play the bagpipes. I'm also stocky with an inexplicable ginger beard (I have brown hair, My inner Scot shines through my chin).

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
i am the perfect Norwegian stereotype

i am more polite than what is normal

i watch musicals

i am filthy stinking rich

i am Tall

i have deluded myself in to thinking we have the best sailors in the world (because we have. that's why)

i am unemotional

i am not afraid of dangerous things that can kill or harm me. but i am scared of stuff that you normally aren't afraid of like hairdressers or onions (stop laughing)

i am Depressed... or at least depressing to be around

i don't function well with Alcohol. i get morbid and evil

i can't cook for

i Believe most Swedish men are gay, weak or idiots (it's okay the swedes are like that with us too...but we're right)

i listen to metal

i eat meat every day, twice a day

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Well... I'm a man and I have trouble expressing any emotion other than anger.

I'm also English and I think I cover every stereotype except the awful teeth thing.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
look like a metalhead,
live like a geek.

except on weekends, then I look like a knight and live like a viking.

ezaviel

Mar 26, 2011
Well, I have some stereotypes that I do not fit, and some that I look like I should have, but do not.

I'm Australian. I am fat, friendly, extroverted, enjoy drinking beer, hanging out with mates, having a barbie, I wear thongs a lot, grew up in the country so if I have been drinking and am around other mates from the same area then my accent gets very "okka". I even played Rugby league, as a forward.
Though I am not a racist, nor sexist, nor stupid, nor blond.

People tend to assume I am a bogan or a hooligan, because I am large, have a shaved head, have a long goatee, and my default expression is kind of scowly (damn us Campbells and our crooked mouths :p ). Back when I lived on the coast, I actually had people awkwardly try and spark up conversations with me in the doctors waiting room by showing me pictures of their motorcycles.

I don't really look as geeky as I am (as mentioned above). A lot of people are surprised by how geeky I am once they start talking to me.

Another stereotype I am not even close to is as a Martial Artist. As you can tell from above, nobody expects me to be a 1st Dan black belt in Tae Kwon Do. "The fat skinhead can do flying kicks? Wha?"

Interestingly, my "normal" accent sometimes causes some confusion too. When I am speaking in a professional or scientific manner, my accent becomes much more American. It is weird. I still get the occaisional person ask me where in the US I come from (some just assume Michigan). (Note, I not from the US originally, my family have been here since damn near the first fleet).

Yokta

Mar 23, 2013
Let's see... I'm an Australian who hates beer, hates Vegemite, doesn't stay fit, hangs out on the internet and, according to every stranger I talk to, has a British accent.
If there were an award for being as far away from the stereotype as possible, I would have a winning streak.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
I'm a fat man with a straggly beard-moustache thing, I like earthy music on vinyl records that not many people are into, I appreciate 20th century existential fiction and drink dark ales.

It screams 'HIPSTER' so hard that you can hear it reverberate off the walls 200 miles away.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Swedish metalhead.
I do look like a viking. Not just with the long hair and beard, but I'm also tall and proportional to my size so I'm muscular rather than skinny.
I'm quite the heavy sufferer of Jante's Law(the reason people think Swedes and Canadians are pussies, check it up).
I'm also pretty good looking. There's no Jante's Law on the internet, so I can say that!
I think every single piece of furniture in my apartment comes from IKEA.
The cold doesn't bother me, but the heat during the summers do.

I'm not blonde and blue eyed.

As for the metalhead part:
I can be quite elitist, quickly regarding people as posers.

I'm not into concerts, moshing and headbanging.