How did YOU celebrate Osama's death?

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Rayken15 said:
I didn't. I just said "Well, good for them Americans."
I basically said that, plus "Thank fuck this will deflect news reports about the royal wedding."
I mean seriously, it's great they got married, but the sunday newspaper had 13 whole pages dedicated to coverage! It has become fairly annoying.
That said, I bet this will cause another huge surge in news reporting...
I'd have liked to see what would have happened if he had been killed on the day of the wedding. That'd throw the broadcasters a curve ball...

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
I've been nursing a throbbing hangover as my head punishes me for four days straight boozing. Apart from that, possibly going 'woo'.

naam said:
I'd understand celebration for the returning of troops or whatever, I don't celebrate the murders they're forced to commit.
How are they being 'forced' to commit these murders?

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I said "meh, sure took them long enough" and moved on with my day.

Sure it's a great symbolic victory, but I'm not sure what impact it would have on terrorism, if any at all.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I joked about it with a friend on facebook. And then I felt ashamed.

blackguard89

Aug 5, 2010
Riding the train to the city where my university is..Though im not from the USA, and did't really care :-<

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Gabanuka said:
I didn't, I'm English and I know this isn't going really going to change anything. Though I am fine with others celebrating and I see why they do.
This.
Its hardly going to change much.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Nodded, told a few friends few texting, then drank my coffee and stopped worrying about it.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
dkyros said:
Nationality matters because the largest attack happened against the US. I don't expect non-Americans to understand what we went through. The events of that day changed everything in our nation, and it changed me as I lived in NY at the time. And I say intelligence because yeah it might not change anything in the long run but its nice to know we are achieving some of our goals. Our mission is a war on terror, which is almost self defeating, but a Goal in that war was to get Osama. So, yeah Celebration is in order!
I'm sorry,but the Iraqis would object to "America got the worst attack".
And non-Americans not understanding terrorist attacks?Yeah,I wouldn't say that in London or Madrid,you might get ***** slapped.The USA are not special,9/11 didn't change just you and you weren't the only victims out there.

Feel good about the victory all you want,it's really none of my business to say what is right or wrong,but consider this: was a pyrrhic partial victory worth it,or was there no other way to solve it in a better way?

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
I saw some ppl post stuff on facebook, looked up Obama's tv address and watched it. Then said "No shit." Then went to bed, cause it was around midnight.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Liking all the jokes on Facebook; "It's Amazing what the Americans can do when the PS3 Network is down" has got to be my favourite.

MissAshley

Jul 20, 2009
I didn't.

There's nothing to celebrate. Nothing has changed. If things do change, then it's that change I will enjoy.

Mr. Mortiss

May 24, 2010
Glass of bourbon, then went to bed and had dreams about stuff that will never happen. Though I had already been planning to do that before I found out so... yeah.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
soren7550 said:
As a New Yorker, naturally I wanted to spread the good news and celebrate (call people, go nuts on the internet, shout the news to the people on the streets, etc.), but I wasn't able to. So instead, I went to bed.
New York State, Representen Yo!

I was actually asleep when the announcement was made, so I woke up to my father telling me the news.

To celebrate I'm watching Team America right now.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I didn't celebrate it at all. I was a little surprised by the news, then went on with my life. Why would it be the cause of celebration in the first place?

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I learned about it too early in the morning to do anything. But when I did learn of it, I did a fist-pump, watched the news a tad, and resumed sleeping.

Tonight I may go out for dinner and have a stout.

It is good to know of some good news in light of all this terror bullshit, Nuclear threats in Japan, and happenstances in Egypt and Libya. Though I am surprised he was alive in the first place. I thought Osama died in a pit somewhere years ago out of sight.

Darth_Murmeltier

Jan 5, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
I smiled at the T.V., got a warm feeling of justice and vengeance, then went back to my life. I'm glad he's dead--and I hope it hurt too--but it's honestly going to affect me very little. What's funny is that all my Republican friends are quickly pointing out that Obama deserves NO credit. The soldiers on the ground deserve the credit. The intel people deserve the credit. The Pakistan government deserves the credit. NOT the man who gave the order. Sigh...
What's wrong with you? You're glad that someone fucking died and you hope that it was painful too? Then you're not better than him. And there is no such thing as justice...His death won't bring the people who died in the attack back only just one more dead human. And now it's going to be worse, because the Al-Qaeda want's revenge and so on....It will never stop, this just proves how wrong and sick a lot of people are. All the hate... why?

Edit: Ah yes and there is no proof that he really is dead so... Could just be a lie and that wouldn't surprise me.