How did YOU celebrate Osama's death?

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
blah, the thread is filled with trolls. If you didn't celebrate then don't post. Is that soo hard? We get it your not American, or your too smart to let loose.

I have a final tomorrow, but me and my roommate chilled for like an hour and a half, met up with some people from across the way and watched the news. Not much but we were getting loud.

EDIT: I say trolls bc there is another forum right next to this one that says 'Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting". If you want to be logical and state well thought out ideas there is a place for that. Nationality matters because the largest attack happened against the US. I don't expect non-Americans to understand what we went through. The events of that day changed everything in our nation, and it changed me as I lived in NY at the time. And I say intelligence because yeah it might not change anything in the long run but its nice to know we are achieving some of our goals. Our mission is a war on terror, which is almost self defeating, but a Goal in that war was to get Osama. So, yeah Celebration is in order!

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I think for those who were at least in their mid/late teens when it happened are more likely to be celebrating since we were glued to the news that day and saw the death and destruction and truely understood what it meant. It was one of those life altering moments that no one ever wants to experience.

It's rare I will use this term to describe someone, but he was an evil monster. And a coward at that who sent others to their deaths but wouldn't do it himself.

When I heard, aside from relief, I realized how long the last 10 years have been. And I may have made one last Duke Nukem Forever joke.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
I didnt...sure he was a bad guy, but by celebrating his death, you become lower than him. I am american too so.
*pulls out shielding for possible shitstorm of flaming from "true americans"*

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I think for those who were at least in their mid/late teens when it happened are more likely to be celebrating since we were glued to the news that day and saw the death and destruction and truely understood what it meant. It was one of those life altering moments that no one ever wants to experience.

It's rare I will use this term to describe someone, but he was an evil monster. And a coward at that who sent others to their deaths but wouldn't do it himself.

When I heard, aside from relief, I realized how long the last 10 years have been. And I may have made one last Duke Nukem Forever joke.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
I did nothing,because I know that it changes nothing.You don't celebrate when you cut off one of the hydra's heads,and that's exactly what happened.Osama will be replaced and probably already has.
This isn't a victory,it's the payoff of years of tunnel vision "herp derp we must kill Bin Laden".

The day we work out issues and finally get some semblance of peace is the day I will celebrate.
Until then,you won't see me chanting the name of my country when it effectively turns a influencial enemy into a martyr,it's throwing napalm on a fire.

dkyros said:
blah, the thread is filled with trolls. If you didn't celebrate then don't post. Is that soo hard? We get it your not American, or your too smart to let loose.

I have a final tomorrow, but me and my roommate chilled for like an hour and a half, met up with some people from across the way and watched the news. Not much but we were getting loud.
We state our opinions in a rational fashion,and we're trolls?
And what does nationality and intelligence have to do with anything? If anything,you're the troll for bringing it up and flame baiting.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
I finished Dragon Age 2.
Ok, I was planning on finishing it yesterday anyway, but still...

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
I didn't. We killed him but other terrorists still live on. I'll celebrate when they're ALL dead, we leave the middle east, and I know my dad is safe.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
I had chocolate cake and milk and a lot of awesome music. -:D

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Why would I celebrate a US victory that is going to lead to them justifying the Iraq-war and Guantanamo and all the other bullshit they have been pulling over the years?
Especially when the guy is just going to become a martyr.

JoeSchmoe

May 2, 2011
Was woken up by my dad, giving me some of the best news I have ever woken up to. "They got Osama Bin Laden" I was mere minutes later called by a friend and we talked about it as I updated myself via sites like Time, cnn and bbc. At school I talked about it for hours and hours with friends in my political and social studies class. Then most of us went to town, got a kebab and then it was back to my house for a few beers and discussion along with laughter and cake was consumed.. Celeberating this horrible mans death has turned out to be some of the most fun I have had in atleast a week :D

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
i toasted his demise with the bottle of ale i was already drinking, then went back to reading A Clash of Kings, pondering on whether or not the seal team would get the $25 mil bounty xD

shroomie

Mar 31, 2009
The death of a man whom I have never met and done nothing against me personally...I didn't celebrate or condemn it. I went to work as normal.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Seeing how I was on Eye of the Storm, I celebrated by capping the last 3 flags.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Hashime said:
I don't really believe they actually killed osama. The details are too sketchy. He probably died of natural causes years ago.
*sigh* And so it begins. Seriously, the conspiracy theories that crop up around everything are getting old. They killed the guy and disposed of the body. One of his wives identified his body beforehand, and they got a DNA match.

What, exactly, is "sketchy" here?

pliusmannn

Dec 4, 2008
hahaha, american's, what's to celebrate, why this celebration makes you better than osama? also, it took 10 years for a whole huge nation to track and down one guy, i believe this was a coverup to steal oil from those countries, let's see whats next, if america retreats and end war then good, you could celebrate war ending, but not one guys death. Also like many stated before, it doesn't mean that "terrorism" is going to end. Also america's military achievements aren't so great (ex. losing a war against all-swampy vietnam, actually adding forces to WW1 and WW2 only after the winning sides were determined)