How did you deal with The Escapist going down?

roku-chan17

Jun 14, 2011
Someone probably made a thread like this already, but oh well. I'm not sure when everyone else got the Escapist to come back from death, but for me, here stateside, it didn't come back until 2AM. :(
So I was going to make a poll, but there are too many choices. My question to you, my fellow Escapists: How did you deal with the Escapist being down?

I love this website. And my family also moved forever away from where all of my friends are. So this site has been my entertainment for a loooooong time, sadly enough. I kinda died on the inside when I found out that Lulzsec hacked the Escapist. Then I died a little more when I found out that Minecraft, League of Legends, and other attack victims had recovered, but the Escapist hadn't.

Happy... Escaping...? :p

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
"Huh, The Escapist's not working. Ahh well." and I continued on with my internet browsing.

Nov 11, 2008
Seppuku, and a mornings tea and a a message to my loyal crew to keep on fighting the good fight.

In all honesty, this isn't the first time escapist has been down, If I recall back in 09 it was down for like a week because the unmentionables decided to "Raid" us.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I didn't even know it was down, I only learned about it afterwards. I must having been sleeping through the entire thing or something.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I shrugged, and then proceeded to play Portal 2, Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed 2 for eight hours. Wasn't that big a deal.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It wasn't the first time I had trouble getting on to the Escapist. Usually on wednesday just after 18:00... Odly enough.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I didn't find out it was down, until it was already back up. All I did yesterday/today anyway was check my email, check my phone messages/texts, then firmly latch onto Witcher 2, like some kind of tick.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
"Huh. Escapist's down. Oh well, back to Crysis 2."

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
PANIC AND CHAOS! WHAT IS THIS, IS IT TO CUT DOWN ON SPAM?

Nah, my real reaction is:

"Oh, Escapist is down, I'll browse about 5 of the other forums I visit while F5'ing until Escapist is back on."

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I actually managed to play some games for once instead of lurk a website dedicated to them. Red Dead Redemption trophy hunting took up most of the time but... still.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
I was browsing some videos when it went down so I took it as a sing of some greater force telling me to get back to my studies.....turns out it was only Lulzsec :p

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I went on to being addicted to Fallout 3 again and then went to work. And then I came back from work 12 hours later and it was back!

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Went to my uni exam. It was shit. It was back on online when I got home. I didn't really think about it.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
roku-chan17 said:
I kinda died on the inside when I found out that Lulzsec hacked the Escapist. Then I died a little more when I found out that Minecraft, League of Legends, and other attack victims had recovered, but the Escapist hadn't.
DDoSing is not hacking.