How did you discover the Escapist ?

DarkTraveller

Jul 17, 2009
I was taking a game development course in 2007 and a weekly assignment was to do a mini-review of a game. As an example the professor showed us an episode of Zero Punctuation, The Orange Box I'm wanting to say it was, but from that minute I was hooked on ZP and The Escapist in general.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Back in 2005 this brand new New Games Journalism magazine came out and was getting some buzz. It was called The Escapist. I read each issue, (I still have all my pdfs), and thought it was pretty cool. Then the Yahtzee thing happened and The Escapist was flooded by people I didn't care to interact with. The magazine slowly changed and basically left it. I'd check in now and again, but didn't really interact much. Then I saw a Rebecca Mayes video...which I thought was awesome, and became a member of a fairly progressive Group and was having a pretty good time. There were a number of videos I was enjoying: Extra Credits, I Hit It With My Axe, Rebecca Mayes. After Rebecca Mayes's Love Song to Yahtzee I thought I should probably watch some of him. Eh. It got old. Then everything I like got cancelled, and the forums were flooded with lots of crazy sexist dudes, transphobia, and rape apologists. So...I drifted away again. I still linger and lurk, mainly because I really like Susan Ahrendt and I want to support her, and Movie Bob says really smart things.

But...it isn't like it was.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Servus said:
I somehow discovered DM of the Rings (TwentySided [http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612]). It is an awesome webcomic made by Shamus Young, an Escapist contributor. He writes a column here, Experienced Points, though I haven't seen a new post of his in ages. So that's how I got here. (Shamus' own stuff is really interesting too.)
I believe that was what led me here. I saw that, and happened to watch a Yahtzee video as well

(I think)

Honestly I don't remember exactly how I got here

Oct 10, 2011
I found this when I heard someone micspam Wheatly's Song by Miracle of Sound while playing tf2. I liked the song, so I looked up his other songs, and soon found that the only way to get the full version for free was on the escapist. So, I guess im the only one that was brought here by MoS.

On a side note, I've never seen a single episode of zero puntuation.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Watched the Zero Punctuation review of Minecraft, liked it, watched a bunch of other videos, then lurked for a long time. I think Mindjack was the current review, to put it in perspective.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
It was all thanks to Gavin Dunne.
When he first put out Commander Shepard, I saw it through a link from Gamesradar. Eventually, I checked his YouTube account for more music. Then, one day, he started to put out pieces of songs and said to come here to hear it in its entirety. A month or two later, I made an account after finding that this website had forums. The rest is history.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
A couple of friends of mine told me about Zero punctuation video way back when and I decided to make an account. Later on, I got into the forums and other videos such as Top 5 with Lisa Foiles, There will be brawl, Apocalypse lane and Unskippable. I still come back to the Escapist to watch ZP every Wednesday.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
I saw Yahtzee's review for Darkness on Youtube, then his Heavenly Sword(s)s review, which segwayed to The Escapist.

So yea, another Yahtzee-r.

cylpos

Feb 24, 2012
At college 3 years ago when some of the guys and gals were laughing there asses off from Zero punctuation

Hamtier

Oct 16, 2010
My friend was looking for reviews and found zero punctuation somehow,then told me about it.
Only watched ZP for awhile.
then was surprised to see "the Game Overthinker" here as well(continued to watch his stuff too).
so yeah,another 2 brought in by yahtzee ^^

Contradiction

May 20, 2009
Frankster said:
For me twas Unforgotten Realms that bought me here if i recall. Then lurked and signed up and voila.
liamlemon7 said:
I used to watch Unforgotten Realms regularly so when it came here I followed
Fun series that was. Seems like everyone else came because of ZP
U-Realms represent.
yokillernick said:
I just looked around a lot of profiles recently and on a lot of the I saw some badge regarding Zero Punctuation or Extra Credits.
Note the bulbasaur badge as a homage to rob before... the unpleasantness.
But really original Urealms was great, after the art change it started a gradual decent then petered out.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I followed from fully ramblomatic, so yea, yahtzee.

pliusmannn

Dec 4, 2008
Unforgotten Realms was brought upon this site and I watched it here, discovered that alot of fun stuff is here and continued my lurking. A shame today there are nothing similar here to UR or Doraleous and Associates or Doomsday Arcade.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
My friend showed me the ZP for Amnesia. I started watching them more and more. Then the forums called my name and I ignored them for about a year. Now they're in my daily routine. CURSE YOU INTERNET FORUMS!!!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Like most people I found the Escapist due to Zero Punctuation. I've since stopped watching Yahtzee but I've stuck around primarily for the forums, the gaming news as well as the other video series that are present on the site.