How did you find out about the escapist?

Tim Mazzola

Dec 27, 2010
One of the most mainstream ways ever. Someone told me about Zero Punctuation. And Thank God, cuz then I never would have found all the BETTER stuff on the Escapist (but Yahtzee is still brilliant)

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Linked from Fullyramblomatic.com

ie. Yahtzee.

Curtisin said:
Unlike most people I didn't get here for Yahtzee. Yes, he's funny and has some points, but he's far from my first stop here at the Escapist.

I was linked here through Shamus' Young's website / Blog (been reading his DM of the Rings), and went "oh, that sounds interesting". I saw something called Extra Credits, and been hooked since.
Extra Credits is my first stop here, then Shamus, then the (unfortunately very infrequent) Check for Traps articles, and then everyone else. (Seems strange to lump Escape to the Movies, The Big Picture, Zero Punctuation, the Tales of the Table and the Jimquisition into the same group, but there you have it). - Too bad I can't get myself started on LoadingReadyRun and the Pro Gamer Gauntlet.
Goto the LRR website and start at the beginning. It's worth it.

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
Chibz said:
Imp Emissary said:
I hope you don't mind, or get mad at my lack of information......But who is this Rob you speak of? I'm a bit new.
He made a series called Unforgotten Realms [www.urealms.com] a D&D parody show. Fantastic humour.
It did get a little too serious at the end though. Maybe that's why they dropped it, the quality of the humor dropped. You're making a purposefully ridiculous story, why so serious?

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
It was a mix of ZP, Unforgotten Realms, and "There will be Brawl."

On of which isn't on the Escapist anymore (Easily its best show...) and another had a good ending but I still wish they could've done more with it (There will be Brawl.) And of course ZP is and most likely will always be here.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Llil said:
When Zero Punctuation moved from youtube to here. I guess for most people, the answer is going to be Yahtzee.
Same here. Never heard of the Escapist until ZP moved here. I lurked for a good long while (only watching the weekly ZP) before actually wanting to contribute.

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
Skullkid4187 said:
Same way as everyone else, Yahtzee.
Yup. Same here. I watched his reviews on YouTube, and one day I couldn't find any new ones, so I Googled his show. Voila.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
A homebrew Unforgotten Realms DVD my friend made/gave me... I saw the watermark and decided to check it out.

briunj04

Apr 9, 2011
Chibz said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Hey now brown cow, I was brought here by Rob. He's awesome and the Escapist shouldn't have ever let him go. Sigh...
Hold on, bro man, I was brought here by Extra Credits. I saw a few episodes on Screwattack and a few months later I was wondering what Daniel Floyd was up to. I googled him and found Le Escapeest.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Went looking for reviews of The Darkness, found Yahtzee's, watched the Halo 3 review, joined the Escapist.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Yahtzee, saw his youtube ones and noticed that he was now as the escapist in one of his video descriptions (thoses things almost nobody reads).

Gabriela D.

Dec 10, 2010
DeviantArt. A fanart of Altair with the "I am an assassin" note on his back had a link in the description. Checked it out, loved it.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
I was roaming the great wastes of the internet in search of decent video-game reviews, a scarce and valuable resource here in the internet wasteland. When by chance a happened upon an large settlement, it had the reviews I craved, the reviewer one Yahtzee Croshaw was a skilled reviewer indeed. Over the coming months I found myself returning more and more to the escapist for all my nerdy needs. I started sampling Extra Credits and unskippable, not to mention the fine craftsmanship I found on the escapists many articles. Before I knew it I had abandoned my former home, the slums of IGN, and had taken up residency within the Escapist.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well one day i looked up a review for a game, and this came up... (you know what happened next, sing along!)
Y-A-H-T-Z-E-E!
And then, i began to read these threads and then i signed up, but i have been an visiter of the site for much longer.

darksideslayer13

May 18, 2011
a rread a web comic called jeffbot he did a comic abouthanging out near a school to ge street pass hits for the 3ds some one coented and left a link to yahtezz 3ds review. i then looked a round found extracredits and movie bob and stayed.

Dark1Elder

May 16, 2011
Skullkid4187 said:
Actually, i watched this vid
and made me remember Yathzee, but couldn't remember where his vids were found, so 1 google search later, and boom, escapistmagazine.com was found

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
A combination of:
watching the GameOverthinker and him saying he was doing stuff here in one of his videos;
tvtropes;
a friend recommending yahtzee.

The first 2 held more weight in my original decision to come here, but the third got me stuck here (alongside a few other shows).