How did you find the Escapist?

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
A friend of mine linked me to a couple Critical Miss webcomics, then a Jimquisition site. Then I watched a few more Jimquisitions. Then I watched all the Jimquisitions that were on this site in a day. Couple day later I discovered Zero Punctuation.

About a week and a couple dozen videos later, from various shows this site has, I got myself an account. Been one of my daily sites to check up on ever since :D

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
Jaythulhu said:
I saw a preview of an episode of ZP on X-Play years ago.
this is how i got hooked. although i waited till my seconded march madness before creating an account. i come here more to hear the opinions of others, then to state my own my post count is testament to that.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
I checked collegehumor regularly and they posted a zero punctuation vid once. This was during exams, where good ways to have a 5 minute break are priceless (which is why I was on collegehumor in the first place.) So for the next few weeks I chewed through every ZP vid on the site and after that I did the same with other series like unskippable. Never went back to colleghumor :)

Meanwhile I also noticed the forums are surprisingly civil (by internet standards anyway) and started lurking. Eventually I ran into a topic that I felt strongly enough about to make an account and post (it was zangief kid/bullying).

Ever since I've only been finding more and more things to like: extra credits (what a shame about that whole affair), the podcast, ...

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Just like everyody else: friend shows me Yahtzee's ramblings, I later want to see more, try and remember what the site was, ah yes, The Escapist, that's the one, saw some more, made account, slowly branched out.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I'm not really sure. It's been about 4 years since I joined. I'm going to say it was Unforgotten Realms. My earliest posts are about it. So I guess so.

Amazing just how much time passes.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I came here as a part of the turbine fan rush during march mayhem in 2009. I came here with many, many others, and I'm one of the few who stayed.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
It was years ago when I was pretending I didn't have exams due the day after and I was mind numbly watching video's on youtube about videogames. The Circle of Related Videos brought me to Yahtzee's review of The Darkness. I lurked for ages and then I decided to make an account. And then I pressed the red button (DAMN YOU ALL !)

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
As far as I recall I found out about this site after watching There Will Be Brawl, followed closely by Yahtzee's videos. Not sure what possessed me to join the forums, though that hardly matters now.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I just recently joined up, too. I was also a lurker for three years or more.

I was pointed to this site by a kinsman in high school. He wanted me to see Zero Punctuation and pulled up Halo Wars, which also served to introduce me to Unskippable.

Ah, the memories...

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
A friend was showing me ZP, and when I started looking it up on my own, I noticed the popular forum topic bar on the side.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Found one of Yahtzee's videos while searching for a Demon's Souls walkthrough. I just proceeded to explore the sight from that point onward.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
About 4 years ago, a friend linked me to Yahtzee's God of War 2 review.....at least I think it was God of War 2, it was one of the God of War games anyway. Laughed my ass off, been here ever since. Although I lurked for about a year and a half before I finally made the account.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I followed Yahtzee here when he got snapped up.
I stuck with just Zero Punctuation for a few years and then eventually moved onto the other features of the site, including the forums, in around 2009.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
I was looking up reviews for a game and Yahtzee has a review. I was like, WTF is this guy talking so fast for? I watched all his previous videos from there and liked em. Also I think Extra Credits got me here too, because I was ranting to someone about a subject and they said "watch Extra Credits" so I did.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
I found The Escapist cause i stumbled upon Top 5 with Lisa Foiles.

Captcha: together again

Oh, Captcha... :3

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I came here when Zero Punctuation got installed and then kept lurking for a few years.