How did you find the Escapist?

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Back in the day before Tech-TV, I would watch X-Play on G4 and they would show Zero Punctuation. So I followed that here, lurked for a few months, then signed up. I don't really post anymore but I still lurk.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Kotaku linkage.

Back in the days, before everything went white and all websites messed with perfectly good and functional layouts, Kotaku linked to the Escapist. Pretty much all Escapist content was worthwile, so I kept coming back. After I pretty much gave up on Gawker, I moved in and opened an account. That's that.

Now that GameTrailers have messed up their website and video player, seemingly for good, I spend more time on the Escapist, since its video player never really worked and it still serves decent, original content.

Cedric Rolle III

Apr 22, 2012
I don't remember...wait. Now I remember. I was searching for Zero Punctuation! I guess that's why they pay him so much!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I didn't find The Escapist... IT FOUND ME!!!!

*ahem* sorry about that! Yeah my friend told me about Yahtzee so I went and watched it, then I decided to make an account. Nothing else to it really.

Cedric Rolle III

Apr 22, 2012
Hunter65416 said:
I seen yahtzees fable review on YouTube, Subscribed, And a while later he uploaded a video announcing he was now producing videos for the escapist so I went over to watch them and found whats become one of my favourite sites. I still remember the first video I watched on here..I'm too lazy to check what it was called but it was him reviewing a game about some chick with massive swords and massive hair..
Heavenly Sword or X-Blades

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
I have Extra Credits to thank for that. They're not on this site anymore though, I think we all remember why...

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
without having read any of the answers: a lot of people will say ZP. me, for example, i was googeling after the original ass creed and found mention of the fact that Yahtzee gave it an unusually positive review.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
One of my friends used to be a mod here and he has loads of escapist t-shirts so eventually I got curious enough to look up the site. I lurked for a few weeks and then joined
Captcha has asked me do a process of elimination test. It's only a matter of time before it takes control of the site.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Unforgotern Realms, anyone else? No? Just me then. They moved here before the majority of you joined and I think I made an acount just after they finished their term on the escapist.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I watched Unforgotten Realms when they were on the escapist but that was it, I joined after I saw a link to the Saint's Row 2 review on the Unforgotten Realms website when Rob was posting Saints Row 2 video's with Roamin.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
I'm in the non ZP minority. One of the facebook pages I was following started advertising Desert bus IV. I decided to check it out, and of course, I loved it. Tried searching around and found out about the Lrr crew, forgot about it, and a few months later remembered and made an account.

The

Jan 24, 2012
I found ZP's Psychonauts review on youtube, then I explored the site.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Whenever I was home sick from school, I would watch G4 / X-Play, because it was better than the other crap on TV during a weekday. They used to do this thing where they showed a preview of Zero Punctuation episodes. I saw a bit of the Army of Two video and liked it, but forgot what the show was called. Luckily I saw another episode of X-Play where they previewed the Lego Indy episode, went to the Escapist, and here I am some four years later.

May 5, 2010
Quite a few years ago, I was flipping channels and happened to see G4 show a clip of a Zero Punctuation review. So I looked him up on youtube, and eventually got lead here. Then I lurked for like, a year before finally breaking down and joining.