How did you lose your gaming virginity?

.gertjan.

Aug 3, 2009
Drone89 said:
Super Mario/Duck Hunt and Ultima Exodus on the Nintendo NES... I was 5 and had noooo idea what an RPG was lol
My first gaming experience was also on the NES with the Super Mario/Duck Hunt game (combined on one cassette). Also Super Mario for the NES is the only game I never managed to completely finish (not even with the warp zones).

Finishing part 2 and 3 was not that hard (2 was easy), but I never managed to finish part 1...

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Mega Man 3 on the NES. I was only 5 or 6 at the time, so I was way out of my league with that game, but man, did I love it anyways.

Drone89

Nov 22, 2009
.gertjan. said:
Drone89 said:
Super Mario/Duck Hunt and Ultima Exodus on the Nintendo NES... I was 5 and had noooo idea what an RPG was lol
My first gaming experience was also on the NES with the Super Mario/Duck Hunt game (combined on one cassette). Also Super Mario for the NES is the only game I never managed to completely finish (not even with the warp zones).

Finishing part 2 and 3 was not that hard (2 was easy), but I never managed to finish part 1...
Those old NES games were difficult. I ALWAYS used warp pipes, couldn't beat the last level though T_T hmmm I wonder where my NES is....

Triskadancer

Aug 31, 2009
I was about 7 years old when I got Pokemon Blue and a Gameboy Pocket for my birthday. Dear god in heaven, I loved Pokemon so hard. My first console game was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, though. <3

Flack

Brushie Brushie Brushie
Mar 14, 2008
Xargon
Jill of the Jungle
Aladdin
when i was 6-7

Shadowwarrior when i was 12 and it only got better from there.
"You want to wash Wang? Or you want to watch Wang wash wang?"

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
My dad brought home his extra PS1 from work so he could play his Gran Turismo games, but he was nice enough to get me Spyro the Dragon. I was six. :)

Blanket

Oct 21, 2009
I used to play the SNES and Mega Drive with my brother all the time. Mainly Super Mario All Stars and Sonic 2.

But, the first game I can remember playing on my own console, to myself, was Rayman or Soviet Strike. I can't remember how old I was, but pretty daymn young.

sov68n

May 17, 2009
For any type of gaming it was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis, and my first PC game was Starcraft.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
I lost it to mass effect
We're not talking about it like that?!

Anyway, it was probably a zelda game
Or a castlevania game.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
The earliest I can remember, I don't know the title to.

The earliest title I can remember is Jazz Jackrabbit.

Tekyro

Aug 10, 2009
JasonBurnout16 said:
First proper game was Dino Crisis, when I used to watch my uncle play, and then proceed to complete myself. It was a long time ago?

Does anyone remember Dino Crisis?
Yes, yes I do.

OT: Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I was somewhere between 18 - 30 months old when I played my first video game. It was either Duck Hunt, Mario Bros, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I do not remember the experience, but I do remember the exact moment my then-baby brother broke my NES.

Apr 24, 2008
Sonic took my virginity, then things ended badly between us. Now I'm alone and miserable and he's become a talentless hack...wish I had waited.

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
Hmm...well if we define this by first game I ever PLAYED...then I'd have to be honest and say it's Pong on the Atari. However, just like Amy Dell in 1st grade was my first crush, she is not the one who eventually took my virginity, and likewise, Pong isn't the game that made me want to be a gamer.

That credit is torn between two games.

Star Wars: X-Wing on the PC when I was 11.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic in 2003. THAT was the game that made me want to be a gamer, hands down. It helped me find my own identity as a Gamer, so I think the viriginity credit really lies there.