How Did You Make Up Your Name?

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
well... My real name is Mikkel Ekenberg Thygesen. Mikkel E. T. (Extra-terrestrial :p)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I made mine a while ago. It was when my account name had already been taken and I tried to think of a new one. I've always been a fan of Mr. T so I made something that was meant to be pronounced as "pop dah foo" as in "pop the fool" but I've heard it been mispronounced so many times.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Steve Dark... well.. because it's my name!
Sometimes I go as "The One Electronic" though, anyone who gets the reference is made of win.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
Stole it from Mystery Men, it was Hank Azaria's character, although his was spelled Blue Raja

MrChainsawNinja

Mar 19, 2009
I figured the concept of a Chainsaw Ninja wasn't really original, but it's not too common, either. When I actually drew my character, he actually turned out to be a Soviet Chainsaw-wielding Ninja Santa wearing a Business Suit. I think that's... kind of original?

As for just about every other username, character name, etc. I am very strict about trying to make it as original as possible by taking random last names from different parts of the word and throwing them in a blender. My most used one, Eingzheider, is a success story compared to most of the creations I get, but I usually find a purpose for each and every name I come up with.

Grae

Sep 25, 2008
It's my middle name, and it happens to be unique enough that I can generally find the screen name available on at least half the websites I make accounts on.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Griever is a Guardian Force in Final Fantasy VIII that is idolized by the main character Squall Leonhart. It looks like this:

http://www.finalfantasytr.com/ff8/griever.jpg

I've been using it forever.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
I don't use mine in games... this is my IM and forum name.

But it sounds cool, and I changed war to worr because I'm just crazy creative like that.

Steve Dark said:
Steve Dark... well.. because it's my name!
Sometimes I go as "The One Electronic" though, anyone who gets the reference is made of win.
My gaming name is Limpet Drone.... anyone who gets that is also made of win.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Umm.. Well being from Alaska I wanted to do something with an animal unique to the area, but seeing as polar bear would make for a long ass name I went with penguin. I figured, hell people get them confused enough, penguins might as well live in Alaska. Thats where the second half comes from. The first bit comes from the fact that I'm also a raver (yes, the glowsticks and techno kind) but that too is a dual edged sword, as raving might also imply a touch of insanity (which I may also have).

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
I was trying to make something oxymoronic, with words that are more than two syllables long. Thank you Microsoft Word Thesaurus!

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
... I have big feet... Bigfoot was taken so I took the next best step: a robotic Bigfoot, ie Bigfootmech. It's pretty much stuck, but I am using different ones now for the purpose of randomness in games.

Danarok

Oct 19, 2008
Danarok = Dan + Ragnarok

Ragnarok [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok]
In Norse mythology, Ragnarök (IPA: /ragnarok/, Old Norse "Final destiny of the gods") is a series of major events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Freyr, Heimdall, and Loki)
Indirectly inspired by Ragnaros the Firelord [http://www.wowwiki.com/Ragnaros] (WoW) and coincindently relevant in WotlK with the current trend of Norse mythology references.

MartnRendrs

Jun 25, 2008
my name comes from the time that is played runescape (f2p that is) and my whole name didn't fit so i removed a few letters and then it fit
it's good enough for me but some ppl tend to say my whole name wrong calling me MartinRendrs but it is Martijn (don't try to pronounce it cuz i'm from the Nethterlands so you would get it all wrong)