How Did You Make Up Your Name?

Cheezdood

Mar 13, 2009
I was snacking when I wanted a cooler name for MK Wii

I think it's funny because I'm actually bone skinny (haha)

Aristol

Mar 19, 2009
Mine was a character I made up for daoc. It dose not have any special meaning or anything else exciting.

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
my favorite band at the time was burzum and a friend of mine had called me a burzum-maniac,i just went along with that name.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
Ago Iterum said:
It's latin for born again.

It's a bit tongue in cheek because my last account got banned.

I learned my lesson and I'm a good boy now :(
Iterum means "again," but how do you figure "ago" means "born?"

My name... hrm, I came up with it like, a bazillion years ago when I was a leetle fifth grader and it stuck. I tried to come up with something like "of the flowers," so I took flor- and added a random ending. At the time, I did not know there such a male name "Florian" to the same effect, and so I've had trouble convincing people online that I'm a girl. Actually, that's kind of a bonus, now that I think about it...

MartnRendrs said:
my name comes from the time that is played runescape (f2p that is) and my whole name didn't fit so i removed a few letters and then it fit
it's good enough for me but some ppl tend to say my whole name wrong calling me MartinRendrs but it is Martijn (don't try to pronounce it cuz i'm from the Nethterlands so you would get it all wrong)
Oooh, now I want to know how you pronounce it! :D Tell us!

t.tocs

May 23, 2008
Mine is actually kind of weird. So, my girlfriend was playing a pokemon game and it came time for her to name one of her pokemon. She wanted to use my name but put a twist on it. So, she spelled my name backwards and made it into a legible sounding thing. So, t.tocs (pronounced tee tocks) was born. Been using it ever since.

LordSnakeEyes

Mar 9, 2009
Well, mine comes from when I was playing DND and wanted to make my most aspired character, I like pirates, I'm a deceitful snake of a man, so I created a human pirate who fights dirty, breaks the law and became known as a sign of bad luck.
Thing is, I came up with the name while playing dice with a few friends and one of them rolled a set of 1s (Snake Eyes) and so I called my character Matt "Snake Eyes" VenomTongue. As my character got more powerful, he became known as "Lord Snake Eyes, Nightmare of the seas"... I liked the name, so I kept it.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
It was my Dad's alias in computing, he loved the Romans, and Volucer is latin for "winged one" or something similar. When he died and it came to my time to chose an alias for xbox live, pc gaming, forums etc, I just adopted his.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Well i got my name from when i used to be Wiccan, so yeah, now i am trying to change it but i don't want to completely restart my badges and repost every thing again.
is there a way to change user names?

Jambolaty

Mar 14, 2009
We cooked jabalaya in cookery class and I mispronounced it alot, this was the best one.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
Florion said:
Ago Iterum said:
It's latin for born again.

It's a bit tongue in cheek because my last account got banned.

I learned my lesson and I'm a good boy now :(
Iterum means "again," but how do you figure "ago" means "born?"
Ah sorry I meant live.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
Aqualung said:
Was listening to the band, Aqualung, when I made my account.
So, it wasn´t from the song, I see. And here I was thinking, another Jethro Tull fan had arrived. Now I feel like a fool.
It's okay, I thought the same thing. My name is related to my avatar. If you don't know why, just watch the show.

b@rtje

Feb 5, 2009
Well, I was like thinking really hard when I realized my name is Bart. Despite my length is around 1.80m that is relative small in the Netherlands. In Dutch "je" after a name or thing makes it smaller, so I thought; "why the fuck not"

No heroic stories of epic battles and travels but just a name that I still remember when I return to a site after some weeks...

Sycosis

Aug 21, 2008
It's from the game Vampire, The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Used to play it 4-5 years ago, and one of the male vampires from the gangrel clan had Sycosis 66 written on his back, basketball-shirt style. Figured out it was some sort of rash soar, and the closest reference i could find in medical books was Helvetesild (Hellfire in english). So it's discusting and cool at once..

Look:
http://jennifertraig.typepad.com/jennifer_traig/images/2008/01/31/8_sycosis_copy.jpg

Fishbro

Mar 20, 2009
Mine comes from school sort of. My brothers last name sounds a bit like poisson, so people called him Fish. Hence him being my brother, I became Fishbro.