How do I introduce myself to a girl I like?

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
When she's sitting down, say at a restaurant or something, drop something next to her and bend down to pick it up. but as you stand back up, breathe in her scent from bottom to top.

This never fails.

Reliq

Nov 25, 2009
the antithesis said:
When she's sitting down, say at a restaurant or something, drop something next to her and bend down to pick it up. but as you stand back up, breathe in her scent from bottom to top.

This never fails, to eventually get you arrested.
I fixed it for you XD

Joel Soh

Dec 17, 2010
JWRosser said:
Get a wingman to go up to them and go "Hi, haaaaave you met [insert your name here]". Then he leaves, and you're done.

On a more serious note, just be yourself. Comment on what she's doing (in an appropriate manor) or where you are, or if you're in the same class you can talk about that.
Haha, Hey! Have you met Ted?

Hmm, yes the best way is to approach them and say hello, tell them your name and try and find some common ground to make conversation with. It takes guts, but they're not going to bite your head off.

PhoenixOnly

Nov 18, 2009
Rub cream cheese all over yourself then approach her on all fours making a deep groaning noise. Works every time for me.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
"Hi." That's my advice, anyway. :p
the antithesis said:

This never fails.
I'm going to assume that's a joke. Don't do this, anyway. xD

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
the antithesis said:

This never fails.
Yeah, loads of ladies would appreciate being you being honest about what you think of them, if nothing else.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Renegade-pizza said:
I am going to university next year, so that means that my opportunity to meet someone I like will be at its peak.
Apart from there being many more years and opportunities to meet people. I don't think university is really the "peak" of meeting people/girls you'd be interested in.

In regards to your question, like you would anyone else. If you were to try think about "oh how could I talk to her???" you'll just get nervous over it and probably balls it up.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
How would you introduce yourself to a guy?
I honestly don't get why people act like girls are such a mystery.
I mean I used to think that myself, but I look back and wonder how I couldn't see it.
There is no mystery.

Isgandar

Jun 5, 2011
If you get a girlfriend that means you'll have less time to play videogames. Why would you do that to yourself?

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
I know this doesn't come into it until after you've struck up a conversation, but a good move is to ask her what type of perfume she's wearing. If she says none, say it must be her shampoo then. If she says none to that, then she's probably not the type of girl you'd want to be involved with. depending on personal preferences, i guess.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Start a conversation with the girl about something you may have in common, if you got classes together then you got no shortage of material, and then if the conversation goes well introduce yourself.

If you were really smooth then also ask her out, otherwise leave her a couple of days and then pick up the conversation again, playing hot&cold is the sort of social game bullshit girls like so be prepared to play along (otherwise you will be playing with yourself).

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
As others have said: Don't approach it with romance being first and foremost in your mind. Many people I know, including myself, tend to describe our relationships as 'being in love with my best friend'. We were compatible as friends first, and things went from there, and I like to think things are better for me having approached it that way. Not to mention the sage advice that sometimes the best way to find a girlfriend/boyfriend, is to stop TRYING to find one.

As for the specifics of introduction? Well, aside from the serious stuff that's been said here, I'll also point out (if it hasn't already been) that before you actually make a first impression...smarten yourself up a bit. Not saying you have to wear a tux or anything, but try and plan it for say...the day after you have your haircut. Shave that morning. Make sure whatever you're wearing is clean and/or ironed if it has to be. Some guys go with the slob look because they apparently have the confidence in their charming personality or "game" that the girl will overlook that they look like crap or something. I dunno. I just know it really doesn't work. Take some stock in how you look, and it should help you stand out from the workday crowd. Especially if you continue to do it, which you should. Personally, since I consider myself a geek, I hold myself to a higher standard when it comes to interacting with women to counteract some of the negative stereotypes geeks, nerds, gamers, etc. have. As well as counteracting the general negative stereotypes applied to being male.

Finding common ground is indeed also good. Music is great, although if you're going into college and you share a class or two, you could always use that to break the ice. Especially if life is sanctimonious enough to provide you with a subject she understands well and you're having a bit of trouble with. Had trouble understanding what the professor was explaining in class? BAM. Instant, legitimate ice-breaker.

EDIT: Furthermore, be observant and don't rush. Sure, if she's the hottest thing walking, there might be a LITTLE bit of urgency required before someone else makes a move. But if that's not the case, then I think you can have a few conversations, or go to lunch or something, just on the merits of being acquaintances and being able to gather information. This also provides time to observe and try and glean some things about her from more than just asking or checking her facebook. If you say "Oh, you're a fan of (band name)." and she asks how you know and you say "I noticed you had a bumper-sticker for them when you pulled into the parking lot." or "You were wearing a shirt that had them on it yesterday." It shows you're paying attention to her in the moment, as opposed to just doing generic research like anyone else would.

GudangGaram

Jul 16, 2010
How many people introduce themselves to other people like this? It's never exactly like that. Some people, maybe, but this is just telling them what your name is... How is that interesting or a conversation starter? Not poking fun or anything but I personally wouldn't try that.
I meet many, many people every day. They introduce themselves, and I forget their names (I have to look up their names on facebook later or they find me). You need something that makes her remember your name, or who you are. Girls get 'hit on', and if a girl likes getting hit on a lot I usually don't like her (she really needs that much attention huh?). If she doesnt like getting hit on, then (also): don't be THAT guy. Either way, you want something significant. Any kind of 'big' impression is good, even a really bad one (like spilling a drink over her). You get to apologize and have a chat, buy her another drink, etc. (I've never done this on purpose but it has happened a few times).

I want to say this is a really good point as well:
Reliq said:
How can you know if you like someone if you havent been introduced? If you never talked to the girl your just pining for her a**.
The best way is to simply to get to know one another, and I think the easiest way to do that is to become part of her social group. Meet her friends, invite them, get invited, do stuff together. Something that happens here a lot is afterparties. People meet at the club, the club closes, and people want to chill somewhere and have a nice quiet drink and chat at someones place. Be there (get invited).

If you circle in her social group, then you get to behave like yourself instead of trying to present yourself as some ideal person she'd want to be with (this is boring and the front won't last). It helps if you are sincere about getting to know these people though.

disclaimer: I tend to attract and be attracted to crazy people.
I've also never figured out this 'dating' thing. So you meet someone and ask them out for a date? And then you have a date, need to impress and hope for a first kiss? I don't get it (or how thats 'real'). I just meet people and be spontaneous. Attraction happens.

shitoutonme

May 26, 2011
Easy. Just smack her on the ass, comment on how tight her butt cheeks are, tell her your name, and then, ask for her name. There's nothin' simpler.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
If you're repressed socially then you should do some work on yourself before pursuing any sort of relationship.