How do ya shave?

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Thank god I live in Europe! I don't have a beard to shave and I don't shave my pubic area (Trimming with an electric razor is good enough.) And I won't be shaving my legs until March. (Winter cold = no dresses or spontaneous pool trips. Besides, it keeps my legs warm and toasty ^^)

But when I do shave, I share a really good gillette with my boyfriend and some gell.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I started shaving around 14/15 with a standard Mach 3, but I suffered pretty badly from razor burn. At the age of 20, I switched over to electric, and, while I enjoyed the convenience of it, I never really felt that my shave was any good. At 28, I switched back to the Mach 3 and my oh my, it's simply lovely. No razor burn, I shave every other day, and I'll never go back to electric. Also...anyone looking to buy a really nice Philips electric razor?

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I hate shaving but my mother hates facial hair, so we came up with the compromise that someone else (usually dad) has to be the one shaving me. Once a week I sit down on a chair and let him shave my beard with a safety razor and soap.
I've been trying to convince him to start using a shaving knife for that old school barber feel, but he doesn't want to, and that's probably for the better.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
Dark brown hair here, and I've got a bit of a bald spot (Can you call them that when they're not on your face?) directly under my chin, so a beard's not really an option. I'm OK with a bit of stubble, so I normally shave two or three times a week. I do it with a normal old razor, and change the blades when they get dull (about five or six weeks, for me).

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Dry.

I have stolen roommates' razors in emergencies before & have been told that I can dull a fresh razor in a single use. She's like "What did you shave? a ROCK?" XD

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Rarely and poorly. And I'll never get a job that requires that I shave either, ideally. Consequently I look homeless 80% of the time.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
How do ya shave?
Like a boss, of course. Was there any other appropriate answer?

Ok, fine. As a male, I shave intelligently. With a woman's razor. Dunno why but they seem to be much more effective, better able to handle varying curvatures and tend to result in far less nicks IMPE. Outside of color, packaging and stylization they seem to be simply designed better.

Style wise, I shave my head to the scalp regularly. I maintain at bear minimum a true goatee (no attached Mustache for the VanDyke) I keep it rather long, 10 inches at its longest. I also keep it cleanly defined shape wise.
Where I live on top of a mountain it gets windy and cold so while I always shave the head, I seasonally grow a full thick beard complete with nesting birds. However this year I am thinking of retaining the full beard as long as I can tolerate it and ideally at least till spring of 2015,

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I shave every 3~4 days or so. Usually I go for a full shave, though sometimes I keep a small beard and moustache. Luckily it doesn't make me look like a pedophile. >.> I mostly use an electric dry shaver, and a small trimmer for the beard.

Gauntlets28

Aug 2, 2013
Baffle said:
Gauntlets28 said:
Depending on my mood, I either use an electric razor, or a disposable one with shaving foam. I find that the wet shave is cleaner, but the electric one is quicker and easier for weekdays.
I always, always go for a clean shave. I'm at the age where it just looks rubbish and patchy if I let it grow. Besides, I've always thought I looked kinda good clean-shaven.
This confuses me, because your avatar looks like Treguard to me, but familiarity with him wouldn't make you the age where a beard by default looks rubbish and patchy. Did Knightmare have a resurgence in popularity that I am unaware of? I loved that show.

OT-ish: I once shaved my chest hair the same as Zangief's. Looked fucking strange on a real person. So don't do that.
Yep, it's Treguard. There's a TV channel called Challenge where I am that plays older game shows. My routine's that when I get home, Knightmare is on. It's getting more popular, fellow watcher of illusion. :p

P.S. I'm 18, so my facial hair is improving. I'm just not ready to trust it to look good yet. :)

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I grow very little facial hair, and it takes a while to grow that, so I don't need to shave all that often. Usually two or three times a week. I use an electric razor, because I got sick of accidentally cutting myself when I used to wet shave. It also started to really irritate my chin, which was unpleasant.

As for other body areas, I keep my intimate area trimmed fairly short, and shave fully a few places within that general area.I also shave my armpits, which I have been mocked for in the past, but I just don;t like armpit hair.

Other than that, I don't shave anything.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I see shaving as a very pointless task but I hate facial hair ...

You shave and your chin is as smooth as a babies butt (isn't that a weird saying?) and then a handful of hours later it's as prickly as a bears butt.

So, to make it as quick and simple as possible I simply use trimmers that are designed to shave your noodle (often called dubbers) and just run it over my chin. Obviously it leaves stubble but it takes about 10 seconds.

No need for wet shaving or foams and there is no irritation, hair will rarely catch on my clothes but after a few snags it never happens again.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Got one of them fancy 5 blade manual razors. Yeah, bow before me, your razor god!
Seriously though, I shave every couple of days with an old fashioned cream and brush with the above mentioned razor. Not that I grow copious amount of facial hair, I just like being clean-shaven.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I use an electric razor/trimmer with a stubble guard thing to keep it at an even 'shadow' length. Probably have to re-do it every 2-3 days before it starts getting back to 'hair' length.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Soap and brush, get a lovely lather, rinse razor in almost boiling water between strokes (no idea if that's clever or not, but it feels fantastic), every four or five days. Works lovely, feels great during and after, I fucking love shaving.

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
nariette said:
I prefer mens razors because for some reason they are just sharper than womens razors.
I read this and became interested, as a male, I've never used a women's razor. Even considered going to buy one to see if I could tell a difference. Then I read this:

viranimus said:
Ok, fine. As a male, I shave intelligently. With a woman's razor. Dunno why but they seem to be much more effective, better able to handle varying curvatures and tend to result in far less nicks IMPE. Outside of color, packaging and stylization they seem to be simply designed better.
Must test conflicting stories!

OT: I shave my neck about every 2-3 days with a regular Gilette Proglide (I think that is what its called?) and use a beard trimmer with a guard for the rest of my beard/mustache. I tried to use an electric razor once and it was a extremely painful, I don't know why anyone would use one of those. A regular shave/trim takes me a max of 5 minutes.
My facial hair comes in red (I have dirty/strawberry blonde hair for my scalp) which creates an interesting contrast. I rather like it :D

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Used to just shave it all off with a manual razor every few days until one day I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

Now I have a beard. Still experimenting with it and learning how to manage it but I'll probably stick to using an electric trimmer to tidy and trim it.