how do you act on live?

redstar alpha

Dec 9, 2007
i mean do you become a more relaxed person in a game if you have a friend in the game with you? do you even talk unless you know someone in the game? or do you carrie across the same personaty from real life to live (i dont mean majore changes but small things like talking less or more).

i genarally dont play unless i am in a game with a couple of friends (usally a mix of people i know in real life and over live) and when am in that kind of group i am very chatty but the rest of the time, unless some on speaks to me i am normally quite.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I am much calmer when I play games (usually), so I rarely speak on LIVE. I'll only speak if someone I know is playing, and even then it is rare. This is unlike how I usually act, because I usually won't shut-up.

silentsentinel

Mar 16, 2008
I keep my mic turned off, so I can hear the others while they can't hear me. I'll occasionally turn it on to say something, then turn it back off.

Mar 26, 2008
I rarely speak on Live and if I do it is to coordinate an attack or defense or something in game. The FIRST thing I do in the Halo 3 lobby is mute everyone lest I get absolutely covered in the verbal diahrea that spews forth.

In terms of action, I respect my team mates and my opponents. However if some smart SoB teabags my corpse or says something derogatory I make it my mission for the rest of the game or any games thereafter to hunt them down and make their life a misery until my bloodlust is satiated.

Muffin Man

Apr 28, 2008
I don't have a 360, but when I'm playing Team Fortress 2 on my pc, I will usually just try to tell my team strategic info, and sometimes thank teammates and stuff. Its really the only game I have ever extensively used a mic for.

I will usually speak allot more if there are other people with mics. If there arent, it just starts to feel kind of lonely.

KnightSniper

Apr 29, 2008
Most times, I keep my headset off. The only time I really have it on is if I'm playing with friends or for some reason I feel really compelled. When I have it on, though, I tend to stay quiet unless I really have something to say, or if someone is REALLY annoying me.

assassin18

Apr 28, 2008
I also turn off my mic. Usually, I only talk to when discussing tactics. I do however sometimes lay into people who verbally assault me, but that is only out of defense nothing more :p

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
I didn't have a mic when playing on Xbox Live ( I used the trial), so I didn't talk. I reckon I'd be pretty quiet, and not trash-talk so much. I'd be tense, 'in the game', but wouldn't be a dickhead 'bout it. In the end, it's all about having fun.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
I have all but my friends muted. That's pretty much how I like to live my life as well.

Pingrash

Mar 30, 2008
Even though I've got a mic I never use it because usually the only thing I have to say to others are insults when an opponent is owning me or an ally is being stupid and losing the game for us.
But I dont want to become one of those pricks who yells into the mic annoying everyone else so I keep it to myself.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I am nice and quiet, I don't attack people and I go mental if you poke me.

You start a fight with me on live and I will distroy you. Whats more I will do it in full sentences.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
I try to avoid Live where possible, because I have the worst luck in the world when it comes to getting randomly matched up with someone. I'm way too old to be hanging out with 15 year olds in real life, and I don't see why I should lift that rule in a virtual setting. As such, I mostly use Live to play with my friends and the occasional decent person I meet on Live.

Just kidding about the "decent person on Live" bit, but admit it, I had you going.

- J

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
I'm generally a gentleman on Live. As I am with strangers anywhere. Apologising for team kills etc.
I love talking to team mates bout positions of enemy and planning (Team Hardcore on CoD4 is great for this). Team gaming is what I really enjoy; so playing with fun, relaxed, intelligent people is best. To do that I'd have to be have those qualities too.

ultra_v_89

Feb 7, 2008
I'm a hooting dickhole on live. Only when I'm playing with my cousins aswell though. Otherwise I'm quiet and just cop the abuse from other dickholes.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I hate all the garbage that comes over XBox Live, so I usually end up muting everyone in the room, unless they are on my team. It's a bummer too, b/c I used to meet a lot of cool people back in the day. Now I dread even getting on it.

Dimsey

Mar 26, 2008
As far as mic usage goes, well I don't.
Someone bought one for me, but I only used it once to test it and that was it.
I generally mute folk that annoy me, give them bad reviews when applicable not that I expect it helps much and otherwise just take satisfaction that more often then not the morons trash talking and being idiots get their butts handed too them.

drumboi88

Apr 30, 2008
Whenever I go on live, it's usually during games like Rockband or Guitar Hero. People who talk during a song get muted from me, unless we are actually avidly in a conversation and I have the ability to talk and think at the same time. Mostly in Rockband do I talk to get a song I like to get played.

For the rest of the games, the mic is put away unless I need to make commands.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Don't have Live, but when I'm playing online, I usually am very talkative. I almost always end up organizing my team, planning attacks, leading a squad into a critical part of the battle... stuff like that.