How do you drink your coffee? And coffee tips.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Straight black for me, though I have a sweet spot for "coffee drinks" that are basically lattes with different flavorings.

My tip is for everyone to first read kurokotetsu's post on page 1 for the basic run down of getting "more" out of your coffee. In particular getting a quality coffee brewer (whatever it is filter, pot, vacuum, french press or something else) and investing in a decent coffee grinder. When it comes to getting more flavor out of your coffee nothing beats fresh ground beans.

Where I will differ from Kuro is that while I agree with his sentiment that roasting is very important to the taste of the coffee beans, different kinds of beans (or the same beans from different locations) can radically change the taste. For anyone who wants a basic experience with this, just try getting Arabica beans from South America (Colombia is a good start) and Arabica beans from Africa (Kenya is the go to here) and see how it changes the taste.

If you want to experience more coffee, trying different beans and different continents until you find one your like is a great way to do it.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
If I'm out I order a flat white. It's an Australian thing (apparently). Basically just steamed milk and coffee, kind of like a latte (I'm sure some coffee pros will correct my oversimplification). I take it with one sugar, or occasionally no sugar if the mood strikes me.

Otherwise I drink tea. Milk with one sugar.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I drink instant coffee as a daily driver because it's fast and easy and gets the job done with the least fuss.

At weekends I like to grind up some beans and brew it manually, filter out the bits and enjoy the delicious bean juice.

Out and about I generally go for black or white coffee, not too much milk. I do admit to enjoying a nice frappe every now and then as a treat though, extra-large, extra shots.