How do you get rid of anger?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Short Story Time: Persona 3. Fusion. Thanatos.

After hours of trying to fuse Thanatos in P3, I gave up and went onto the interwebz to find a simple fusion chart to find the Persona needed for the hexagon spread. What I was left with was a stupid fetch quest for about 20 other personas in order to fuse what I needed.

The fusing cutscene ended and I go to choose Thanatos to see his skills. They were mostly insta-kill spells that are useless against bosses.

I raged so hard. Thanatos looks so cool (Coffins for a necklace? Wicked!) and they show him off through the story making him look like an unbeatable bad-ass.
Skip to 2:32 to see Thanatos in action or just watch the whole thing because it is awesome.
I went through a stupid goose chase to get some crappy Persona I will probably never use. I turned off the console without saving and walked off angry and dissapointed.

I go to the garage and kick the stuffing out of the punching bag, draining my frustration very quickly.

lol, tl;dr: I got mad, beat some stuff, got happy.

That's why I came here to ask you guys a question: When you're angry, what is your favorite way to get rid of that anger?

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Well, I'll either play a video game or listen to music (common) or troll Avenged Sevenfold fans on YouTube (not so common, but always deliciously fun). All three ways are effective for me at removing the anger and replacing it with enjoyment and happiness.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Shooting range, music, blowing shit up in ArmA II. Usually the latter two at the same time.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Jedoro said:
Shooting range
you and I need to be friends.

shooting range, sparring during my martial arts class, going on nice long hikes through thick forests without trails

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Wushu Panda said:
Jedoro said:
Shooting range
you and I need to be friends.

shooting range, sparring during my martial arts class, going on nice long hikes through thick forests without trails
I see no problem with this. What do you shoot, whether you're pissed off or not?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
cry..swear

punch somthing really hard so it hurts...which makes me cry even more but the pain has a very calming effect

hmmm....mabye Im a (whats the word?) machoist

BlazeRaider

Dec 25, 2009
Just take all those nasty feelings and forcibly bury them deep inside yourself, so that nobody can see it, just as ponies taught us :D

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Shooting range if I can wrangle the money together(ammo isn't cheap) is the most exciting method I use to calm down.

Aside from that, going for a run, hiking, or BBQ/grilling/smoking works well too.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I dont, I bottle all that shit up and then release it on some moron who deserves it.

Last month it was some polo shirt wearing loudmouth in the pub, this month? I havnt found anyone yet, looks like it could be a February rollover.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Watch ponies...
Oh wait... want to look manly
Uhh uhh, punch a brick wall until it cries
Yeah, yeah that's right

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Sleep it off or listen to Elton John's Sad Songs Say So Much. Or you could play Prototype and deceminate as much as you want.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much supress it. Yes I know this is a bad way of getting rid of my anger and I betting one of these days I will blow out in a fit of rage.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Kill my Enemies. so i go play Saint's row 3 shooting innocent people and running them down in a fast car.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
What I do is not to let things affect me, I usually will shrug whatever it is off, unless it's important. Normally I will listen to music and do the following things: meditate, play video games, draw, write poetry or just write, or just listen to music.

I may start to fume at times, but that is only when I don't have time or am unable to do any of that, because of where I am.

Hypno-Sheep

Jan 25, 2012
mainly by listening to music or smoking. the music helps because i can thrash around like an imbecile for a while and use up all my energy, and the smoking because of the niccotine rush.