How do "You" know when You're in Love?

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Common interests, sexual attraction, emotional compatibility. The latter is more important however, and the establishment of a relationship cements it.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
When I think of her I smile.

Simultaneously sad.

Don't understand thinking about anyone the same way.

Ooh, this is a hard one. I'll get back to you.

Everin

Apr 15, 2009
Noun
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. ( initial capital letter ) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13. Chiefly Tennis . a score of zero; nothing.
14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
?verb (used with object)
15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20. to have sexual intercourse with.

?verb (used without object)
21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
?Verb phrase
22. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.

?Idioms
23. for love,
a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
24. for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
25. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
26. in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
27. make love,
a. to embrace and kiss as lovers.
b. to engage in sexual activity.

But I would also like to say it feels like nothing in the world is more special than when you two are together, even if its just sitting watching a movie. So you really never know if you're in love unless you let yourself fall in love first :)

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Why don't you love me escapist?
Could i please have my post back?
Or did you eat it up instead?

No, you hid it, thank god.
This comment can now be deleted!

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
When you wet yourself everytime she speaks to you.

This is really hard to answer. Usually when they do something that'd piss you off so much but you let them get away with that shit.

Sizzle Montyjing

Apr 5, 2011
NightmareLuna said:
Haha, oh you funny pony! Being shellfish (That's right! Shellfish) is the cornerstone of a good and healthy relationship! It will let loose those petty small arguments that only leads to good make-up sex. :D At least in my opinion, it works for me and my girl. We are equally shellfish and we are having a great time.

But you are truly right about the other part. :O I would never annoy my girlfriend as much if I did not care for her more than anything.
Yeah...
I think you can tell that i haven't been in many relationships... in fact, not even one.
(i live a lonlely and depressing life)
I also don't feel emotion, i'm being serious.

I can't... i'm on medication for something else that seems to block all forms of hormones and the like.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
You're not supposed to know. Love is an agreement between two people, a bond created when attraction, loyalty and trust are mutually assured.

If we just "knew" when we're in love, we'd "know" every time we felt the mildest attraction to someone.

Sizzle Montyjing

Apr 5, 2011
NightmareLuna said:
Damn, I was just trying to be lightheartened, I never thought you were serious. :( Now I am sad. I wish everyone can get somepony to annoy.

I am very sorry to hear that. :(

I do not know what to say, I wish I could give you a big hug and make it all go away! :(
Gah!
It was light-hearted!?
Oh...

I also lose my sense of humour as well.
And that's the only thing i have going for me...

On the plus side, i can at least concentrate!
I'm derailing the thread now, i'll stop.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I know when I'm in love because I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest whenever I think of her (Which is most of the time) or am around her.

I also smile 24/7 and feel really great all the time.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
When that person is on my mind constantly, or constantly pops in and out when I've forced myself to focus elsewhere.
When I start missing them when they aren't around.
When certain songs bring them to mind.
When random things start reminding me of them.
When seeing them (their screen name, hearing their ringtone/text ringer...) makes my heart stop.
When hearing their voice makes me lose all concentration, or, paradoxically, just completely calms me.
When being away from them hurts.
When I'm content to do nothing more than sit around and talk to them/be with them for hours on end.
When I start just being inexplicably happy.

Sorry. I'm a rambler. But yeah, take your pick.

Robertus2210

Apr 8, 2010
never been in love, not even with the girlfriends i had, just a feelling off ''sure thats cool''

i heard people describe it as that they feel instantly great the second the person walks into the room, constantly thinking about the other person etc.

heh sounds like a bit of a bother to me but who knows maybe its great.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
For me personally, I don't know for several weeks/months; 'y know, going out and having fun but no special feeling. Then, all of a sudden, I can't help constantly being reminded of her (in my case) and thinking of ways to surprise or support her. Wow, that sounds mushy... well I'm a romantic, can't help it :)

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
When I don't give a shit about anything as long as I can be with that person.

Unfortunately, my current interest hates my guts... Hangin in there.