How do you react to blood?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I'm a First Aider, so I have seen a fair amount of blood, naturally I don't get woozy at all at the sight of blood.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Haven't experienced large amounts of blood from myself or anyone else's. Hopefully, I won't act like a sissy girl about it.

But small amounts? Doesn't faze me.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
The same way I react to any of my test equipments.
Having produced a test to detect certain hormones in the blood, I'm used to working with it.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Blood of others? Indifferent. I've seen some horrid car accidents IRL and was never bothered by the gore. My own blood? Even if it's a small scratch I react exactly same as other people react when they realize their money's just been stolen.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
sms_117b said:
Quaxar said:
sms_117b said:
Keep that finger high above your head and drink some sugar water if it's bleeding a lot. I'm a lifeguard.
I'm curious, what's with the sugar water? Never heard that before. I'd have suggested applying pressure instead.

I'm a certified EMT with almost a year of active work now. I've bandaged fleshwounds, I've seen really bloody cases of <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematochezia>hematochezia, <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematuria>makrohematuria, a lot of fractures and I think I'd rather stop here because I could go on.
It's fun though.
sugar water dissolves the sugar into your system faster, this causes you to produce more red blood cells, replaces a lot of blood (not enough that potentially fatal blood lose wounds could recover but enough for day to day mending of things) it's a wrestling trick, drinking a lot of sugar water before a match you ned to bleed in makes the blood really red and stops you from losing too much
Right, interesting. Didn't know that.
I could make the proper infusions ready instead so I guess we're even again.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
If I see my own blood in a relatively large amount, I'll become nauseous and I might even pass out, but for some reason if I see someone else bleeding it doesn't really bother me.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Yummy!
What? Just me?
I don't really care when I bleed, I just suck it up (literally). When you've experienced your eyes becoming red from too much blood flooding to them a few times, you kind of stop caring and get to work fixing it.
When other's bleed I'll ask if they need a bandage or something.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
It really depends on whose blood it is. I could sit around and watch other people crash and bleed out from the Ebola virus and I'd probably just say something like, "Man, I hope I don't get any on me."

One time, though, I was getting blood drawn, and all of the vials dropped on the floor thanks to a careless nurse. So, I was standing in a huge puddle of my own blood. I got really lightheaded and almost fainted.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Quite calmly.

Locate source, treat as needed, seek help if necessary. Not much more to say.

I doubt I would be quite as comfortable with bones or organs. Even if I were able to remain calm, it would take considerable effort. Happily, I'm yet to find out.

I've always been a bit puzzled by people who freak out about blood. I can understand, but I do not sympathise. Kind of like with people who scream when they see a mouse.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I'm fine with blood, unless it's MY blood. Video game blood I've never had a problem with, but real blood is something that freaks me out.

Unless it's a small amount. Very, very small amount.

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
When I see blood, I clean and sterilize the wound, then bind it tightly. If it's a serious wound I'll call for EMT(emergency medical transport) and apply proper first aid. If not, I just leave it bound and go on with my day.

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Well, after breaking my arm in two places, and both bones, with a compound fracture (the bone exited the skin) and seeing my arm look like a "s", and not crying/collapsing in pain (I was 9 when this happened, I still have the scar), I'm pretty much immune to squeamish stuff.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
I don't mind it at all, unless I'm losing lots of blood, but that really hasn't happened to me.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I'm very squeamish, I don't exactly faint but I do feel VERY qeasy at the sight of it. When I get a deep cut that bleeds a lot I feel faint. Just the thought of it makes me feel uncomfortable lol.

Not that bad in games/movies, but really gore isn't my thing.

(in hindsight that isn't exactly true after seeing a scene of someone's head exploding and then proceeding to throw up my lunch about 5 minutes later)