How do you react to pain?

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Oh, well this is a little hard to answer.

I lost 0.5 of a centimeter (0,2 of an inch for americans and others) of my middelfinger on my left hand in a door in 3. grade, I kind of just grapped my and and ran down the school to the teachers (my mom was a teacher at my school) screaming in pain.

But today, it has to be extremely painful for me to start crying, a "standard" cut, bruse, stub my toe, I just swear alot.

But if it's more severe like the pain I had in my right arm a few weeks ago where I coulnd't even lift my tiny bottle of water without wringing in pain, I just groan, alot.

That and I get pissed off, and useually I end up hitting a wall or something solid so I can remove the pain from one place to another, well, that depends on where the pain is located etc.

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
If it's severe enough to inflict damage, I'll usually just start articulating meaninglessly in a swear-like and loud but totally innocent fashion.

"Flarf-ell blee-grr FOOO!!"

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Usually I shout something along the lines of "Ahhhh shit fuck arrrrgh ouch jesus ow oh my God that hurts ahhhh fuck jesus!"

That said when I broke my arm a few years ago and there were young children around I managed to completely refrain from swearing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I pull a face and make a short hissing sound, then carry on. I love it when my brother doesn't start jumping and make stupid noises whenever he encounters pain.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
ive been exposed to so much pain, the effect has worn off my brain just slaps me for being an idiot and that's about it

ive had things impaled in me, had my skin burnt off, suffocated, ground my face off on the pavement, sliced my fingers open across sharp objects, had a small mini-fig's shield stabbed into my thumb.. hundreds more you get the point.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
I take the pain like a man! Well... except for all the crying and sobbing. Trust me, it's very manly crying.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
If I don't think it is serious I ignore it. Like the time I was hit in the face with a baseball bat and ruined the blood vessels in my upper lip I still didn't go home from school. According to my friend I was passed out for about 10 minutes before I came to afterwards.
When I had a kidney stone it hurt so bad I wasn't able to do anything but squirm so then I decided to see a doctor. When I had the same kind of pain a week later I ignored it because it hurt on the left side and X-ray had shown that the kidney stone was on the right. I figured it would be OK since it was unlikely I had gained 2 kidney stones over the course of a few weeks.

However, stubbing my toe does involve me swearing a whole lot then ignoring it.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
It depends on my mood, sometimes I swear like a fishwife, and loudly too, like getting my frustration out and other times I just start laughing my ass off...no idea why though

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I'm probably category 4.

Mixed that in with some cursing when I first feel the pain until tapers off.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
If the pain comes from something that can cause me physical harm (cuts/stabs, impact to the pride and joy, burns, broken bones) I will react negatively till it gets better.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Either I'll just freeze and stop for a moment, or I'll get extremely pissed if it's not crazy bad.

I learned to completely stop crying at pain when I was in 8th grade. Jr. High schoolers don't care if you are on fire, they'll still mock you.

I went from crying over bumps and bruises to absolutely nothing at all.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Darius Brogan said:
1) People who basically ignore pain, no matter how severe it is.
I can't say "no matter how severe it is" really, since I've never been mortally wounded or anything, but... yeah, I'll mostly ignore it.

Maybe you'll hear a mild obscenity from me if I stub my toe or something, but then I'll keep quite about it. Hell, when I accidentally stabbed myself in the finger while working on my computer (don't ask), I just hurried up and did what I could to stop the bleeding before going back to clean up and continue tinkering.

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
Having had over 20 fractures in 19 years, I've known pain ever since I was little. So, I've learned to ignore/control my pain.

Debirufisshu

Oct 5, 2010
I grunt, then just carry on. A few hours later I will be rolling on the floor in pain, if it happens to be somthing serious... this happened when I cracked a rib once

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Five seems closest to me. I can be a bit of a whiner sometimes, but I'm fairly used to be in constant minor pain.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
something vocal ranging from OW, to some minor swearing depending on severity. Then ussually some rubbing.

The more severe injuries it depends on what I hurt.

my eyes, freak out time, I need my eyes and they are kind of hard to replace.

legs, moaning and anger, leg injuries are annoying as shit because you kind of need to walk to get around

Arms, similar to legs but a little less annoyance (unless I hurt my right arm to the degree I can't write anymore)

general body, I get vocal about it but don't really freak out because it doesn't ussually prevent you from functioning and very importantly, sleeping.