How do you react to pain?

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Rage usually, though if its a electrical shock it doesn't effect me in a pain sense. got tasered once for a demonstration, they expected me to fall to the ground but i stood there and weathered it. they then asked for another volunteer who wasn't resistant to it.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
7) People who become VERY angry when injured, for no apparent reason.

Um, they're angry cause their injured...
Anyways, this is kinda me, I'll hurt something, clench my teeth and growl. It's like "biting the bullet".

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
Miles000 said:
Darius Brogan said:
I'll give you a damn good reason... THE PAIN!

Yes. That is my main category...
I tend to react with anger, which is very odd seeing as how i'm usually a very mello guy. (It really suprises people) or oddly enough i tend to laugh. This really weirded the other kids out when i was younger. I'd get hurt doing something stupid and start cracking up. I had no explanation at the time and still don't really.

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
I broke my clavicle this summer. Basically lots of swearing. It did hurt, I did suffer but what made me mad was the possibility of the clavicle not healing properly & not the injury itself.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
It depends, if someone else inflicted the pain then I would get angry, if it were stubbing my toe I'd just shout Fuck! or Shit!

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
Depends. At times people see me hit my elbow, head or something somewhere and ask me something like "Didn't that hurt?" and I go like "What?" but when it really hits somewhere painful I usually react quite strongly.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Type 1 pain- Stubbing a toe, belly flop in the pool, running into a door, etc...

I acknowledge that the pain is, in fact, there. I don't react to it though. Might say "ow", but then I just move along like nothing happened.

Type 2 pain- severe muscle cramps, paper cuts, and other minor but continuous sources.

I acknowledge the pain is there just like with the first case, and don't over react to it. There is usually a fair bit of hopping around on the one leg that isn't cramped up, but other than that, everything is normal. Same with a paper cut- after minor treatment, move along.

Type 2.5- Minor burns

I get some soothing burn cream, rub it on the area, and then continue on with my day. Except for that one time I stepped on a red-hot coal with a lot of pressure. That resulted in a scream, more hopping around on one foot for a few minutes, and not walking for the rest of the day.

Type 3- Splitting pain.

I acknowledge the pain is there, and sit emotionless for an hour in the doctor's office not saying a word or giving any indication of how F'in bad it hurts until they call me back.

Type 4- Broken bones, etc...

Never had this kind.

I don't like pain, but I can take a bit of it, and don't like to show that I'm hurt unless I'm *really* hurt.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
I get to deal with pain every morning when I wake up thanks to going ass over tea kettle down a flight of stairs and royally fucking over my back. I deal with that and other of life's pain with prescription drugs, copious amounts of prescription drugs. Thank you Dr Yoder!

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
CheeseSandwichCake said:
Surprised you didn't list the people who scream "OH YOU FUCKING GYPSY WHORE!" when they get hurt.
Hehehe, I've never heard anyone yell that after getting hurt, but I'll keep it in mind if I decide to pose this question on other forums.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Samurai Silhouette said:

Um, they're angry cause their injured...
Anyways, this is kinda me, I'll hurt something, clench my teeth and growl. It's like "biting the bullet".
I'm not talking about getting pissed off and griping about their injury. I'm talking more about the kind of people who, say, stub their toe, or bash their dead on a door-frame, and then promptly punch a tree or their bedroom wall until their knuckles bleed... or in one case I know of, crack.

That's not indicative of being angry at pain, because by doing so, you're inflicting more pain upon yourself.

Sammaul

Nov 25, 2009
Last time I really hurt myself, my left-ringfinger was jammed between a metal dumpster and a moving semi-forklift, tearing the skin on my lower knuckle and showing bone.
Reacted by yelling a few choice words, clutched the finger above the wound and went to find the first-aid kit.
Luckily I didnt hit a vein so bleeding wasn't so bad and the pain wasn't either, but I have to say that the second I let myself look at the wound, I got a bit queesy (which isn't uncommon from what I've gathered).
Ended with 5 stitches and a scar shaped like a squigly J.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
I can tell you this, I don't react well to pain. Nothing like screaming and crying. I just tend to get very silent. Usually right before I wind up biting someone's head off for crossing my path when I am in pain. Never really their fault though.

deus-ex-machina

Jan 22, 2010
I swear a lot if it's sharp sudden pain like stubbing your toe.

I get bloodlust if it's as above but someone's fault but can always control myself or have done so far.

If it's stamina related like carrying weights or jogging, I just keep going and ignore it until I almost want to die when I stop and relax.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Depends on severity, but typically every time I cut or scratch myself, this comes out of my mouth:

"IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND."

Nov 24, 2010
I react according to the damage. If it's serious damage like the time I had an iron bar fall on my head (and ended up in hospital) I will be swearing. However if the damage is small and something my body can easily recover from I don't care.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I act like it hurts. i'l just say there for a second and make a constipated face till i can sit down.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
If I'm coherant:
After recovering from the initial shock of the injury, I examine the damage and deduce whether or not it requires medical attention, and how to treat it until then.

If I'm barely conscious:
"Nnyyeh... neh! H..heeeelllp!"
Do what I can to move myself to somewhere I'll be noticed and attended.