How Hell work?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Imagine Earth but you're in the shoes of the people where shit is happening.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
The way I understand it, what the whole "lake of fire" business refers to is destruction, not eternal torment. At the end of the big Armageddon party, everyone who still won't throw in with the winning team is cast down and is no more. That's a little easier to wrap one's head around than the "loving God sends you to infinite torture" doublethink, but still seems a bit dickish to me, especially considering multifaith families like my own.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
dylanmc12 said:
I don't see Satan (A.K.A Lucy, as he is addresed by my Friend) being much of a dick.
I mean, he's an Angel and he obviously learnt to stop being a dick from his mistake that got him sent to Hell in the first place.
NO!
YOu cant call him Lucy!
If Edd can't NO ONE CAN!

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Kenbo Slice said:
KefkaCultist said:
Hell? Hell is being in the jungle with your squad of maybe 6 men for days, never knowing when the enemy will strike...
Okay I'm not a Vietnam vet, but I wanted to use that line.

While share no religious affiliation, therefore do not have a religious based view on a "heaven" or "hell", I have thought about what a hell would be like if it exists. What I have in my mind is pretty much the place as in the movie Little Nicky. Big horny birds, dudes with boobs on their heads, pineapples up Hitler's ass, a sasquatch type thing, and Rodney Dangerfield.

Hopefully when I get there though I'll be on the devil's good side and get a room in his castle with the walls lined with bad ass band posters like Peter and John did in that movie.

EDIT: As a little additional stuff I'll comment briefly on my view of a "heaven". It's a vast, empty, white world where anything you command appears in front of you. Example: you command a Playstation 5 with a copy of Call of Duty 8: Future Warfare (sad as it is, I can see it existing) and it appears in front of you.

That is all.
Can I be your roommate in hell? \m/
Hell yeah you can! \m/

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
For a second I thought that title was caveman speak.

Everyone suffers in Hell until Halloween, which Satan throws a party on for his Sweet Sixteen.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The people are a little testy, but the tan lines on my arse are practically gone!

I rate it a 7/10.

iblis666 said:
Akalabeth said:
Blindswordmaster said:
How do you think Hell works? Further more, what do you think Satan's like?
Read Dante's Inferno
Read Larry Niven's Inferno
Eat a pie. Of inferno.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
dagens24 said:
Blindswordmaster said:
dagens24 said:
Blindswordmaster said:
It doesn't because it isn't real.
...You're a poor sport.
Sorry bro.

Alright; if there were a hell I don't see why Satan would punish us in it. If Satan hates god then shouldn't he be super stoaked about all the terrible things we do? If anything he would reward us.
If hells exists the reason Satan likes it when we sin, and wants us to do it is to bring as many people into eternal suffering as he can so he's not alone, and because that hurts God.

MutetheDrunk

Oct 5, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Read Dante's Inferno
Or No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre, the popular depiction of hell was established by Mr. Alighieri many many centuries after the bible was compiled. The bible did not have an elaborate description of what hell was. That means that Dante's Inferno doesn't have to be the official "hell". Sartre believed that hell doesn't have to consist of physical punishment, the little demons may stick you with the kind people you hate the most. There are an infinite possibilities of hell out there.

Disclaimer: I am not a Christian, nor have I read the bible in full, please forgive me if i was mistaken about the bible's depiction of hell.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Rednog said:
StBishop said:
DJDarque said:
While I don't believe in Hell, I will play your game.

Hell, as depicted in the Bible, is fire, nothing else. Satan is trapped there just like everybody else. No circles, no rulers, just fire.
Yeah, this.

It's pretty frustrating when people say things like: Go to heaven for the weather but hell for the company.

Or:
dagens24 said:
Sorry bro.

Alright; if there were a hell I don't see why Satan would punish us in it. If Satan hates god then shouldn't he be super stoaked about all the terrible things we do? If anything he would reward us.
Not how hell works.
Care to actually expound on the Not how hell works" ?
I mean you're saying it as if it is some kind of fact that you know. And I'm honestly curious what you think is the exact way hell works. I mean how can you possible make any statement about how hell works in any way shape or form when it is an unconfirmed place and the source material for said unconfirmed place is a book that is very sketchy in terms of fact and history.
If we work with the assumption that, as a construct of the Christian Church, that the only people who actually know how hell would work are the Christian Church, we can assume that the Bible, which is where they get their information (we hope), is correct in it's depictions of how hell works.

The bible portrays hell as a horrible place where people are punished for their sins and that the devil is indiscriminately horrible to all who reside there.

This doesn't work with the theory that Satan is proud of our misdeeds and feels like rewarding us for being arses.

If we want to assume that hell exists and that the Christian Church is wrong about it, then we may as well stop this conversation as we're no longer talking about "hell" we're talking about a portion of the afterlife.

So yeah, that's all I have, it's not really well thought out or well written but it boils down to "Why would they tell me something in Sunday School if they're all wrong about it?" If you're talking about a different version of hell that isn't what's taught to children who go to church then we're not having the same conversation.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
A place of spiritual anguish, where you sit for eternity knowing there was a God and you could not have faith in that God or you could not follow the rules laid out.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Read Dante's Inferno
Seconded.

If hell exists, I want it to work like that.

The game actually does a better job of giveing you a better idea of how horrible Dante's hell would be though.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Actually, I've been to Hell. It's in the Cayman Islands... It's quite dull tbh...

As for how Satan is, watch the end of South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
imnotparanoid said:
dylanmc12 said:
I don't see Satan (A.K.A Lucy, as he is addresed by my Friend) being much of a dick.
I mean, he's an Angel and he obviously learnt to stop being a dick from his mistake that got him sent to Hell in the first place.
NO!
YOu cant call him Lucy!
If Edd can't NO ONE CAN!
Your Logic : If a British Cartoonist and Voice-Actor can't reffer the Devil as "Lucy," no-one can..

YOU ARE THE SMARTEST HUMAN BEING EVER SINCE NATALIE PORTMAN.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
dylanmc12 said:
imnotparanoid said:
dylanmc12 said:
NO!
YOu cant call him Lucy!
If Edd can't NO ONE CAN!
Your Logic : If a British Cartoonist and Voice-Actor can't reffer the Devil as "Lucy," no-one can..

YOU ARE THE SMARTEST HUMAN BEING EVER SINCE NATALIE PORTMAN.
I NO RIGHT!

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Favourite vision of it?

It was used in some comic/story settings, but the best description was from series of stories built around heaven and hell written by polish writer.

The cliche quasi-anarchistic, mob-ruled place. Rocky environment, pools of lava in the warmer parts and freezing cold in other. The demon lords - fallen angels(like Lucifer, Behemoth, Beelzeebub, Lilith, Naimah, Ishtar Innana, etc.), each like a crime lord, fighting for dominance and souls of the mortals. Some are family, some make temporary alliances but in the end their personal agenda is what matters the most. They don't seek to destroy heaven's or world on that matter, it wouldn't be 'profitable' in the long term and they have enough of internal problems to be bothered with that. Of course every now and then they confront the Angels but they are not exact opposite of God's Goodness, more like bunch of rebels.