How important is sex to you?

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
This may seem weird but i love the mental and emotional games that comes before the actual sex.

Its fun to see how far i can get with a girl using only your words, eye contact and body language as i'm not that attractive in my opinion.

I'm in college and pretty active so it always boggles my mind afterwords that i actually got that far. Like woah how did i pull that off

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
fucking important. :p pardon my french.

Its a fun thing to do, a great pasttime, a way to show passion and affection and not least its some extra glue to stabilize a relationship, even if its just based on hormones and instinct, but you do feel more for a person you also have sex with.
Plus it is proven that having sex gets you in a better mood for up to 7 days. Alone for that it should be obligatory for everyone who wants to interact with the great world outdoors. There are too many grumpy and annoying people that just "need to get laid" out there.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Why do I get this feeling this is a brag thread? I mean, seriously, I don't care about people's sex lives, but the moment they go flaunting it, thinking it will get them likes or whatever they're trying to accomplish by showing off is when I want to punch them in the face.

Casual sex is just too much of a bother that I'd really bother with it, cause I just don't enjoy "the game" and checking off whichever base it was "you made it to". If you enjoy that, more power to you, but do be a swell fellow and don't act as if everyone should be doing it just because you like it.

It's not the act of sex that's important to me, it's the intimacy.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Only reason me and my girlfriend will ever have sex is because we want children. Try and guess what our opinion on sex is.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
Liquidacid23 said:
Liquidacid23 said:
reproduction is part of survival and survival is the only real "reason" any organism exists so it rightfully should be a large part of your life...
Some people think it should only exist if "love" exists there...
bah love is nothing more than a chemical reaction which is only an incentive to further ensure our reproducing... if you already understand the need than you don't need the added incentive... so you're just ahead of the curve... get laid, enjoy life and laugh at all those ignorant people who judge you :)
I say life is far too short to not have sex. Enjoy all the pleasures you can because before you know it you'll be hit by the stroke fairy and you'll be in a care home without any chance to do anything. That's what happened to me granndad :/
[sub][sub]MOO! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]
I dont think people should live in that mentality. I dont know how many people your ...erm..."enjoying" but I know that I would be uncomfortable with that knowledge if I knew you but then again I respect women who are conservative as these days it doesnt seem like there are many around (men as well)and they seem like women worth winning the affection of.
Do what you want I guess but if people are noticing enough to call you a slut you might want to take some introspection or tone it down a little.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Never had it and don't care to do so at any stage of my life, in all honesty. It has no importance to me recreationally and, since I don't want kids, has no purpose either. And I don't like to be touched. I sorta have one of those phobias.

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
isometry said:
"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex." -Aldous Huxley
Does that mean Freud wasn't an intellectual? :p

Also just because there are other more interesting things than sex doesn't mean it shouldn't be part of the mix. Variety being the spice of life and all that

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
CODE-D said:
Liquidacid23 said:
Liquidacid23 said:
reproduction is part of survival and survival is the only real "reason" any organism exists so it rightfully should be a large part of your life...
Some people think it should only exist if "love" exists there...
bah love is nothing more than a chemical reaction which is only an incentive to further ensure our reproducing... if you already understand the need than you don't need the added incentive... so you're just ahead of the curve... get laid, enjoy life and laugh at all those ignorant people who judge you :)
I say life is far too short to not have sex. Enjoy all the pleasures you can because before you know it you'll be hit by the stroke fairy and you'll be in a care home without any chance to do anything. That's what happened to me granndad :/
[sub][sub]MOO! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]
I dont think people should live in that mentality. I dont know how many people your ...erm..."enjoying" but I know that I would be uncomfortable with that knowledge if I knew you but then again I respect women who are conservative as these days it doesnt seem like there are many around (men as well)and they seem like women worth winning the affection of.
Do what you want I guess but if people are noticing enough to call you a slut you might want to take some introspection or tone it down a little.
Or not give a damn? That's how you would feel but plenty of other people wouldn't. If people want to live a sexually liberal life then they should go ahead and do that. A relationship with somebody more conservative like yourself wouldn't work out anyway because sexual compatibility is important in a relationship. What possible reason has anybody to "tone it down" other than people being narrow minded and judgemental?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
CODE-D said:
Why should people have to change their lifestyles because slut-shamers aren't comfortable with it?

If you don't want to have a lot of sex, fine, but don't put down others because they enjoy it.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Forlong said:
Is it weird for me to say it is when I'm still a virgin? I ask because a friend of mine...
I wouldnt say so. I would say that means you have willpower of steel. Im 18 and me and my girlfriend are both virgins.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I see sex as a compliment to a relationship, it's nice but not the reason I choose to be with someone in the first place, if I was in it for the carnal pleasure I'd jerk off and be done with it, simple pleasures don't need complications.

romance and love are important to me, to dismiss them as nothing more than chemicals or a social manipulation trick (yeah, the terms are misused beyond count) seems like a disservice to oneself, they're part of what makes us human, what makes me who I am.

to me, sex symbolises trust and affection, deal with it carefully but without shame, and hey, the flipside is also true: you don't need a long-term relationship in order do it. :)

CAPTHA: know thyself
...spooky.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
It's great fun, a reliable way to share some endorphines. Best enjoyed with someone you love, although more casual affairs certainly work. Friends with benefits is always fun.

It's a biological urge, but it's no bother managing, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Just remember to be responsible about it. The humble rubber is one of the greatest inventions out there. Use it! And don't trample any feelings, it can end quite badly for everyone involved. Oh, and don't be ashamed of a biological urge that have been hardwired into you that you can't help, and don't be ashamed of the lack thereof. Repressing or angsting over the bedroom-business isn't a good idea in the long run.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Sex and related things are quite fun, but I'm quite fine when I'm without them.

Being without cuddles is much harder though. :(

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Colour-Scientist said:
CODE-D said:
Why should people have to change their lifestyles because slut-shamers aren't comfortable with it?

If you don't want to have a lot of sex, fine, but don't put down others because they enjoy it.
I said she doesnt have to but might want to considerate it.
I dont know who the people calling her slut are and I dont know who she is so I have no reference and am taking no sides, they might be average people and she might actually be pretty slutty or she she might be a little promiscuous and theyre just in her face.

I dont know
You dont know
So lets not argue.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Sex is wonderful. But I only do it with boyfriends/girlfriends I've been with for a while.

But to each his own on the subject. As long as enough people do it to still have babies who cares?