How Kojima Got Pulled Back Into Metal Gear

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
More kojima/ducky pic... it always creeps me out.

But really Kojima? Your the ONLY person capable a explaining the feelings of the cold war to kids. Seems your getting a bit arrogent.
The Escapist really likes using that pic whenever Kojima himself is involved. I'm beginning to think that Kojima IS the Duck. And the person sitting on it is an amphibious Humanoid-sized Walking Vertical Tank with ICBM Capabilities prototype in disguise.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
SharPhoe said:
Eric the Orange said:
I somehow get the feeling that there's a hidden meaning behind the duck... [sup]*coughit'ssecretlyanewMetalGearindisguisecough*[/sup]

On topic, I don't think it's a matter of arrogance, I think he's just self-reliant when it comes to this kind of stuff.
If you can make a statement like that you've obviously never played one of his games. =)

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Keane Ng said:
So. Kojima didn't trust anyone to be able to explain Cold War-era issues to young people, so he decided that he would do it himself. Because he's like a history teacher, he's so good at explaining important events of the 20th century to the silly kids these days. I'm telling you, only a dude who rides ducks like it's nothing can do stuff like this.
Oh god no!

You cant put Kojima and the cold war together! We are all going to die! Hes going to make it so complicated...I bet you theres going to be cyborgs! ARGH!

goddamnit, someone do something!

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
boholikeu said:
If you can make a statement like that you've obviously never played one of his games.
Actually, I have. Several of them. Pardon me.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Love Box, you say? Sounds like somebody's been watching a few too many machinima.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jkuXO-e2cI&feature=PlayList&p=E306F6256F7A83E7&index=3 <-- this one in particular.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Kiutu said:
Eric the Orange said:

But really Kojima? Your the ONLY person capable a explaining the feelings of the cold war to kids. Seems your getting a bit arrogent.
Or maybe the past shows that games can lose their way when the maker is not invovled anymore.
I agree. But that isn't the reason he said he is keeping his influance in the series.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
SharPhoe said:
Actually, I have. Several of them. Pardon me.
Really? Huh. Did you somehow miss the ones with all the heavy-handed pseudo-intellectual dialogue? =)

Sorry, I didn't mean my last post to come off as harsh-sounding as it did. I like his games too, but I thought that even his biggest fans realized that Kojima thinks quite well of himself.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Yay, Another game with several hours of cuts scenes seperated by 20 minutes of action.

And I'm sure the money had nothing to do with it...

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
The Love Box?!

Sounds like an Orange Box type bundle for sex games or something. Let's just hope the next Kojima titles after all this will be something OTHER than MGS.

Maybe a re-imagining of Snatcher?

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
new_age_reject said:
Love box eh...?
How the hell are they gonna make that appropriate for the kids?
Last time I checked, games rated MA weren't.
Well that's ok then.
No need to sit down with the parents beforehand for a 'little talk'.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
As is evident from playing any MGS sequel, it's obvious that Kojima ran out of ideas after the original Metal Gear Solid, it's no wonder he keeps clinging on to the franchise.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
It's not like he can tell the truth, is it?

"Konami have implanted a bomb in my brain, and will detonate it if I do not continue to churn out sequel after sequel to the one franchise I'm known for"

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
not a zaar said:
As is evident from playing any MGS sequel, it's obvious that Kojima ran out of ideas after the original Metal Gear Solid, it's no wonder he keeps clinging on to the franchise.
Ironically, Metal Gear Solid's only real ideas came in the metagaming/interface area. The actual gameplay is a retread of Metal Gear 2.

azadiscool

Dec 10, 2008
I'm actually glad that he isn't handing it over to Konami. Metal Gear games were legendary because of Kojima. He is a genius.