How long do you sleep? (Average)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Probaly around 8 hours. I would probably get 9 or more but I have a higher level of consciousness meaning I don't fall asleep straight away (my mind keep racing in my head). I also get woken up easily as well which my parent tend to get up before me.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Around 8-9 hours like the OP, although once the school year starts again I'll be back to the usual six and a half hour nights. I really don't understand why schools have to start so early because everyone I know that's my age likes to go to bed late and wake up late morning/early afternoon.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
I have a terrible sleep pattern. I go to sleep when tired and get up when rested, which as let to things such as sleeping 24 hours in a row or 3 hours in a row, and staying up for 10 to 30 hours depending. There is no real pattern or rule to it, I don't even sleep more when I stay up more or vice versa. It's completely unpredictable and a real pain.
I need to use alarms to follow regular schedules, but I always end up "shifting" anyways. That's why I'm aiming to set my own schedule and work whenever I'm awake rather than plan ahead of times.

It makes it a real pain when taking an appointment. If someone asks me "in the morning or in the afternoon?" I don't know which I'll be up for (if any) and which I'll be asleep for (if any). If I have to plan a specific time ahead of time, then I'll try to alter my schedule to make sure to be up around these hours, but that leads to feeling jet-lagged.

Rock 'n' Soul

Nov 15, 2009
Not enough. If I'm lucky I'll get 7 or so, but my body very aggressively seems to need/want 9 or 10 hours.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Usually around seven to nine hours of sleep. I tend to be more of a restless sleeper during the summer months though due to the heat, and it's not unusual for me to only sleep five to six hours during that time (probably one more reason why I hate summers around here).

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
When I have the chance to get a good, natural night's sleep - that is one without any outside interuptions and without any medication to help put me down - I tend to go around 7 hours.

Usually, if I stray from my normal 7 hours, it is on the lower side. By that, I mean I am more likely to sleep for 6 or less hours than I am to sleep for 8 plus hours. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I never really enjoy staying in a bed at all unless I am really hurting and need a rest. Usually around school time, or when I have something planned, I will fall into the less than 7 hours average due to having a hard time staying asleep. I only really go over 7 hours in I am taking sickness medication. I do know that if I go to sleep, and nothing wakes me up before my body naturally wants to (as in no noises or movement) I will stay asleep for 7 hours after I initally fall asleep.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
It changes a lot usually I sleep for about 6 hours more if I have to get up really early for something.

Although last night I went to sleep at 1am and didn't wake up to 6pm today, I don't think that's normal.