How long until PETA goes after Far Cry 3?

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Probably never.

Although, I AM surprised how little controversy Far Cry 3 sparked up in general. Because, and let's be reasonable, FOX news threw a fucking fit when ME has lesbians and FC3 has a gay, older, sadistic rapist who does all sorts of nasty things to your ladies man friend and you have sex with tattoo covered women while high as a fucking kite. Hmm, if TV does find out about this then PETA will be the least of Ubisoft's worries...

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Lt._nefarious said:
Probably never.

Although, I AM surprised how little controversy Far Cry 3 sparked up in general. Because, and let's be reasonable, FOX news threw a fucking fit when ME has lesbians and FC3 has a gay, older, sadistic rapist who does all sorts of nasty things to your ladies man friend and you have sex with tattoo covered women while high as a fucking kite. Hmm, if TV does find out about this then PETA will be the least of Ubisoft's worries...
Yeah, that's the thing about controversy about video games. The thing that is controversial stuff has to be spelt out in big bold letters in advertisements, otherwise the people who criticize it won't notice because these are the kind of people that wouldn't know how to open a console, let alone play a game. It's sad really, all this hate dedicated towards video games and they don't know anything about it, they just go after big obvious choices.

Remaiki

Jan 2, 2013
Personally, OP, I'd recommend not even making a joke about PETA. All you're doing is stirring up hatred for them. Yeah, it's well-deserved, but it doesn't help anyone. We already know they're shitheads, no need to waste the forum space and get people angry.

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
TheRussian said:
drummond13 said:
Never?

Last I checked, they didn't care about imaginary animals on a computer screen.

On the subject, I am surprised they haven't gone at any RPG where you kill animals. And those have been around for a long time. Although, as Thuggych pointed out, Far Cry 3 is not mainstream enough. Makes perfect sense given how they attacked Mario, Pokemon and Battlefield.

I stand corrected sir. And thank you for showing me that I apparently still had some faith in humanity left to lose.

Not sure if I do anymore after seeing this.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
Well, as we often say about PETA, no doubt some shit is already in the pipeline. They'll be working on something hilarious as we speak. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to it.

Can you imagine having a group of people dedicated to humiliating themselves for your enjoyment? I don't even have to pay them a cent! Sometimes, there is so much beauty in the world...

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
We're still waiting for their responses on The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Duke Nukem.
EcoEclipse said:
Uh, FarCry 3 places the animal-slaughter in a survival setting, and their skins are used to further that survival.

So, I'm not sure they will. 'Cause it's kind of a sensible situation in which to kill animals. That said, PeTA is not a sensible organization. So who knows.
They went ballistic over the fact that Mario gets a fake "raccoon" suit from a leaf in two games.
I don't think they're gonna let this one slide.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
drummond13 said:
Never?

Uh... somebody hasn't been following the news...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120012-PETA-Plays-Pokemon

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114202-PETA-Mario-is-Pro-Fur

Xenedus

Nov 9, 2010
Give it enough time and PETA will be holding a candlelight vigil for all the Amoeba who have died in labs.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I agree with the fact PETA are slow and stupid it took nearly 20 years before they protested pokemon, no way they will notice FarCry 3.

maybe farcry 7 lolz

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
bigfatcarp93 said:
drummond13 said:
Never?

Uh... somebody hasn't been following the news...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120012-PETA-Plays-Pokemon

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114202-PETA-Mario-is-Pro-Fur

Yeah, someone beat you to the punch in correcting me. I foolishly assumed they had some trace of sanity. I'll never make that mistake again.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
The last few PETA attacks on Pokemon and Mario were only shock stunts, That and as bad as Far Cry 3 might be, can you honestly say it has as much exposure in the public mindset as Mario and Pokemon?

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
Well they'd have to wait in line until after amnesty international go after all the violence in just about every game ever made

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I'd say, if we can judge anything by the attacks against pokemon and mario's tanuki suit have been fairly recent... maybe another 12-15 years?

OurGloriousLeader

May 14, 2008
Weird how many are bothered by this. PETA are a marketing and campaigning organisation that advocate better treatment of animals, it's not particularly ridiculous that they would use popular media to do this (nor would it be particularly effective, but that wouldn't be a first for a marketing company).

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
erttheking said:
So in Far Cry 3 you can kill Pigs, Sharks, Snakes, Dogs, Tigers, Alligators, Komodo Dragons, Leopards, Goats, Dingos, Deer, Buffalo (an endangered species) and Bears, and you can do it with assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, grenade launchers, .50 caliber machinguns (good for the sharks) and flame throwers, and you do it all so that you can get their skin...

Holy shit I need to get this game!

OT: Well it took them over 20 years to respond to Pokemon, so probably around 2033.

Captcha: hairy eyeball

That better not be fur!