How long until this Pandemic ceases?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The pandemic will be over once Gods chosen people stop being persecuted on the internet.
Cam girls? I doubt they will ever be left alone to do their thing without being persecuted. Guess I should strap in for constant plagues as a result. Shame.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Current administration doing it best to make things worse.

Senior Trump administration officials sent starkly different messages on Wednesday as they prepared Americans for their first pandemic Thanksgiving — with the federal government’s top health official urging deference to local coronavirus guidelines and the White House press secretary describing those same directives as “Orwellian.”
The president, for his part, has offered no directions to Americans on how to stay safe during the holiday, and has appeared unfocused on combating the U.S. outbreak in the aftermath of his election defeat two weeks ago. Trump has made only a handful of public appearances since then, although he is scheduled to participate in the traditional presidential turkey pardoning ceremony at the White House next Tuesday.

At the outset of the pandemic earlier this year, the Trump administration largely delegated the coronavirus response to states and localities — a point Fox News’ Doocy pressed McEnany on as she criticized governors’ guidance. “Ultimately, didn’t the White House say, ‘Do what you want to do?’” Doocy asked.

“Yeah, of course. It’s up to every state to do what they want to do, but there are consequences for those states,” McEnany replied. The American people, she added, “are a freedom-loving people. We can make good decisions. We can wash our hands, wear masks, socially distance. But we can also decide in our own personal domicile, our own home, whether we can have our family members present at any given time. That is the American way. That is freedom.”

McEnany is not the only White House official to dispense dubious health advice ahead of the holiday next week. Dr. Scott Atlas, Trump’s controversial coronavirus adviser, encouraged Americans in a Fox News interview on Monday to proceed with plans to celebrate with elderly relatives because “for many people, this is their final Thanksgiving.”

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
McEnany is not the only White House official to dispense dubious health advice ahead of the holiday next week. Dr. Scott Atlas, Trump’s controversial coronavirus adviser, encouraged Americans in a Fox News interview on Monday to proceed with plans to celebrate with elderly relatives because “for many people, this is their final Thanksgiving.”
"You may as well smoke those cigarettes, because you could be hit by a bus tomorrow."

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Oh god please don't jinx it...
Haha, I find it hard to believe that at the rate we're going that we either don't develop natural herd immunity or a vast majority of people haven't gotten the vaccine by next fall. I predicted on my first post here that there will be no restrictions by next summer (outside of really big indoor gatherings like conventions and such as I think people will be skiddish of those type of things still).

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Dr. Scott Atlas, Trump’s controversial coronavirus adviser, encouraged Americans in a Fox News interview on Monday to proceed with plans to celebrate with elderly relatives because “for many people, this is their final Thanksgiving.”
I MEAN, HE'S NOT FUCKING WRONG, HOLY SHIT
edit: not yelling at you, just...what the shit is that statement

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'd rather live 4 years less if it means I can eat what I want
There are two major issues:

1) Will you still feel like that when you are told you have four years left to live?
2) What about all the years of greater pain and impairment that will probably precede your early death, plus the surgeries and drug side effects to control declining health?

Food is a sore point, because I love eating out, and good food which is often quite unhealthy. I compensate with exercise to stay fit, although heaven knows what my blood pressure and cholesterol really are.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And the third issue:
3) One vice is acceptable but the compound of several of them can be devastating.

Just eating unhealthy or smoking or drinking alcohol or not exercising can be worked around. But if you do all of them? That's shaving a decade off of your life expectancy and adding decades of increasingly ailing health to what remains of your life. None of us are perfect and we all struggle with various vices (being too picky about your food or exercising too much isn't healthy either), but the more areas we can maintain a decent standard in the longer we can live a full life without suffering from quality of life impeding health issues. Because at the end of the day most of us don't care if we live to 90 or 95, but most want to avoid ending up bedridden and unable to perform activities of daily life on their own for years upon years until passing away in agony.
From my position, I noticed a marked decline in my physical capabilities in my mid-30s: mostly, I was picking up injuries more easily and taking longer to recover. Now I'm on the cusp of what many call middle age, and the decline is just getting faster. I want to be the sort of person who can still walk up a mountain (UK standards, ~600m) without struggling when I'm over 60, because I've seen in my parents and their generation just how much more quality of life you retain in advanced years if you're fit and healthy.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
And the third issue:
3) One vice is acceptable but the compound of several of them can be devastating.

Just eating unhealthy or smoking or drinking alcohol or not exercising can be worked around. But if you do all of them? That's shaving a decade off of your life expectancy and adding decades of increasingly ailing health to what remains of your life. None of us are perfect and we all struggle with various vices (being too picky about your food or exercising too much isn't healthy either), but the more areas we can maintain a decent standard in the longer we can live a full life without suffering from quality of life impeding health issues. Because at the end of the day most of us don't care if we live to 90 or 95, but most want to avoid ending up bedridden and unable to perform activities of daily life on their own for years upon years until passing away in agony.
I think it's still a sour point though, espescially with collective healthcare. People can smoke, drink, eat too much salt, fat, sugar etc and sit in front of the TV 24/7 all they want but this invariably leads to tremendous healthcare costs and people becoming majorly susceptible to complications from coronavirus for example.

I don't know how many billions are invested to 'cure' this thing but so much more could be accomplished with preventative measures. Not only that but mental health will also significantly improve when people are physically fit. It doesn't even take that much effort. Just a varied diet, smaller portions, no(or little) high sugar drinks or alcohol, and an hour of moderate to intense exercise each day.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
...and an hour of moderate to intense exercise each day.
I'd make that every two days when older. The body needs more recovery time between significant exertions, otherwise it'll lead to accumulating tissue damage: eventually this will become strained or torn muscles, ligaments, tendons, bone stress fractures, etc. that'll put a person out for weeks or even months.

Of course, if you alternated what parts of your body were taking the punishment, you might be able to do it every day.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I'd make that every two days when older. The body needs more recovery time between significant exertions, otherwise it'll lead to accumulating tissue damage: eventually this will become strained or torn muscles, ligaments, tendons, bone stress fractures, etc. that'll put a person out for weeks or even months.

Of course, if you alternated what parts of your body were taking the punishment, you might be able to do it every day.
Yeah, but you could also take an hourly walk at a brisk pace for example. That doesn't cause stress on the body but contributes a lot to keeping you fit. Not just that but sleep quality improves, mental health etc. And it's free! xD