How many forums have you been banned from?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Goose Egg

EDIT: I have banned a bunch of people! Does that count? šŸ˜‡

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
None, though I honestly don't post in many forums and I rarely try to get into arguments on anything heavy like politics.

I think this is the only forum I've had any disciplinary action because I snapped at some of the users(most, if not all of whom are no longer here) and I think it was I lost my posting privs in that thread for like a day.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Some of the highlights

A prominent Minecraft server one - banned for refusing to agree with a moderator, the moderator wanted me to agree that America was perfectly entitled to invade Iraq for the oil and it should be seen as perfectly justified in doing so and such wars should all be justified.

Channel Awesome - Yes it used to have one. I was banned for calling out a moderator. I called them out because they came in shouting about how I was being abusive towards other members, I called some-one an idiot. That user had previously called me: a child murderer, a cultist, a Pick Up Artist, and I think it was a member of a subhuman species who didn't deserve to live. The moderator in question claimed what said person has done was not actually abusive or insulting but a fair comment in response to me. Funny thing is it wasn't long after this the Channel Awesome forums collapsed due to lets say some unsavoury things that the moderators were either turning a blind eye to or actively encouraging going on....

GameFAQs - sharing an IP address with a member who has been permanently banned for serious offences. The problem is I'm on a dynamic IP so my ISP just assigns different ones to me regularly and so I must have ended up with the IP of a permabanned person and bam got banned.

A support forum for a live TV streaming service - I was at uni so streamed Live TV sometimes to my laptop using a service that allowed it. I kept having a bug happen where the stream would drop out and have to be reloaded to work again so I reported it on the forum. The owner claimed it must be a bug my end and with my hardware. I pointed out how no other service was effected and had tried re-installing and checking through everything and as politely as I could saying could you check your end this is the bug and provided an error code that I was getting. The owner kept insisting it was my hardware and I kept saying it wasn't as other services weren't being impacted. Eventually the owner flew off the handle and threatened to try his hardest to have me thrown out of Uni (for arguing with him, on my own time, on my own computer, on a forum that had nothing to do with the Uni) and talking about how there couldn't be anything wrong with the streaming system because some system supplier was going to sign a deal with them to have it be included in packages for universities and was going to pay millions to help grow the company. I got banned from the forum, 6 months later I heard news that the massive systems supplier company had pulled out of the deal the reason? They'd run limited trials of the service before signing the contract and many in the user group had experience a bug where the livestream kept dropping and having to be refreshed to carry on watching. The same bug I'd had and reported on and been banned for refusing to accept was my hardware.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Zero. It's surprisingly easy to do, when you operate under the motto of "don't act like a fucking asshole." Also couple it with "Should I really hit send/reply on this comment? Will it actually benefit anything in any way to continue this dumpster fire of a conversation?"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Zero. I've left a few, though.
Similar situation. Either I left, or the forum got shut down. I used to frequent GameTrailers and IMDB, but both got shutdown respectively. The crew from GT formed Easy Allies, so I've been with that forum since 2017. GameFAQs I Ieft around 2010, because they had nothing left to offer, and the mods and many users are dicks.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Zero. It's surprisingly easy to do, when you operate under the motto of "don't act like a fucking asshole." Also couple it with "Should I really hit send/reply on this comment? Will it actually benefit anything in any way to continue this dumpster fire of a conversation?"
My brother of another mother. It really is surprisingly easy to avoid being walloped by the ban-hammer when you remember the basic manners expected of all functional people aged seven and up.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

Got banned from the Epic Games forums when Gears of War 2 came out for complaining about a lack of host migration in multiplayer which allowed hosts to lag switch to victory in every single match.

It was a huge problem, Epic was very aware of it, but decided to ban anyone that was talking about it on the forums. Haven't bought a game from Epic since and probably never will.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Got banned from the Epic Games forums when Gears of War 2 came out for complaining about a lack of host migration in multiplayer which allowed hosts to lag switch to victory in every single match.

It was a huge problem, Epic was very aware of it, but decided to ban anyone that was talking about it on the forums. Haven't bought a game from Epic since and probably never will.
Epic dickery knew no bounds even back then. I never knew of this. Glad I didn't by many products of there's. Pretending the problem does not exist doesn't fix anything you dickholes!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Many years ago, on the old forum, I got a one day suspension, presumably by a moderator that didn't actually read what I wrote. Only one day, so I didn't argue about it, though I think it affected my badges.

Many years before that, got a 1 month suspension from the Black Library website for condemning CS Goto, who was a rubbish writer. Never went back after the suspension was over, but did later google my username to see what came up, and there was a discussion about why I was banned, and the moderators decided to claim I was insulting other posters for liking things I didn't like. So, yeah, in retrospect, a good thing I got suspended and never went back there.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sorry, I was wrong, I do have one, a 3 week ban for homophobic rhetoric for saying politics would greatly improve if parties stopped sucking corporate cock.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sorry, I was wrong, I do have one, a 3 week ban for homophobic rhetoric for saying politics would greatly improve if parties stopped sucking corporate cock.
Well hey, corporations are people now, didn't you know? So they are entitled to blowjobs like any other individual.

Reactions: Dalisclock