How many games do you currently have 'on the go'

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Felstaff said:
Gaming OCD is hard; I'm glad I've overcome it by simply not caring about achievements, but I still need to re-finish all my old games.
I had that until fairly recently I think what finally broke me out of it was the fact that I had unlocked about 5% trophies for Final Fantasy 13, I then realised that getting all the trophies would require investing 60 more hours in that snoozathon. now I dont care so much about trophies unless there fun to get I platinumed Dead Space 2 and Infamous 2. Dead island can be traded in now as I cant be bothered

michael-592

Mar 10, 2011
Its nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Now that college has started up I don't have hardly anytime to play games anymore so I got a nice backlog filled up.

The games that are currently "on" for me are League of Legends, Fallout New Vegas, Magic the Gathering:Duals of the Planeswalker 2012, Mass Effect, Dragon Age:Origins, and a few others like CS:S and TF2 that are always on. Plus I got BF3 coming up along with Skyrim and the Steam Christmas sale so I look to my backlog increasing even more.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
-ARMA 2, it's still above my level.
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I already finished it once, being a stealthy hacker. This playthrough it's focused in being a... I think a stealthy brawler.
-Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I got bored after I found out I can't just punch my way into a mansion (I killed everyone there with my fists, but somehow I can't bring down a fucking door).
-Deus Ex, I stopped playing after I got into the ship because I went on a trip around those days.
-Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne. Don't really know why I stopped playing it but I was playing as Castille, trying to conquer Aragon though that wouldn't be wise choice since they're allied with Portugal and France. Other than that, I'm trying to colonize the Americas.
-Fallout: New Vegas. Because I find it boring at a times.
-Thief: The Dark Project. Can't find those last 50 elusive gold coins!
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, I still can't find a mod that entertains me and runs smoothly on my pc.

Next ones on my list will be L.A. Noire and Stronghold 3.

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
I care about achievements if they are conducive to the game, and they pose a challenge that is set up for me up front, with no fannying about.

For instance, you can get about 75 different Team Fortress 2 achievements by playing through a couple of maps with different characters. None of them seem to be anything worth fighting for. Trine achievements, on the other hand, as there were relatively few, were more rewarding to pursue, and the goal was set out in front of you, and weren't cryptic or abstract. "Complete X level without using your Y" kind of achievements, rather than "Get Up In That Bear's Grille!" which... could mean anything.

Actually, I don't wish to derail this thread by lambasting or praising the ubiquitous 'Achievement', which has single-handedly ruined games simply by being a vehicle to advertise themselves prominently on your Steam feed.

I'm still working through New Zealand Story on my Amiga, and trying to master all weapons/armour on Infinity Blade before the sequel comes out. I haven't reached the new content yet, having destroyed my game by going all "Game +" on its ass.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I still have...

Dragon age: Awakening
Batman: Arcum Asylum
Mass effect 1 and 2
Fallout 3 (Story line completed working on DLC now)
Devil may cry 4
Torchlight
Trine
Dawn of war 2: chaos Rising.

...I don't think I'll buy any more games till I knock a few of these of the list.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Currently playing Dark Souls on my 360, and I put Gears 3 on hold for it, though I'm needing a bit of a DaS break, so I might get back to some comparatively relaxing Gears action. Also still have Deus Ex: HR, GUN, and really most of my Steam library on PC. Also considering getting RE4 on XBLA, which would really just exacerbate the whole situation. Aaaaaand of ofcourse Skyrim, Assassin's Creed and Halo:CE remake all coming out early November. And Isn't Battlefield 3 out next week, or the week after? I just don't know how to feel about all this. Thank god I don't have a PS3, and I'm not that big of a Batman fan, or I would never get anything done.

EDIT- Oh Christ, I still haven't beaten Dead Space. I dunno why, but "jump-out-and-startle-you" horror games are just so taxing...and after that I do want to get and play the sequel...I need more money.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
The answer to your question is no. I tend to pick out a game and make sure I get at least as far as the closing credits before I pick out another game.
That said, whenever I buy a new game I tend to slip it in and play through the first half hour or so, so if you really want to get picky about what 'on the go' means then my pile includes:

Batman: Arkham Asylum,
God of War-Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Mafia 2
Dead Space 2
The Witcher
The Witcher 2
Bayonetta
Command and Conquer 4
Supreme Commander
Titan Quest
Infamous

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
I always tend to buy games in a bunch at the same time. I install them all and check they are working and have a go on them all for a bit. Then I just tend to play one at once out of those and go through them until finished. It's the only way I find I can make progress and keep my interest. I may get board of a game half way through go to something else then come back some months later. But I find I can only focus on one at once.

So the answer to the question is at any time I only have one on the go, even if I have a whole list of ones installed that are waiting to be finished.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
'clears throat' Well...
The games I own, but won't pick up again/have no plans to pick up again:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for Gamecube
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for Gamecube
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for Gamecube
Pac-Man World 2 for Gamecube
Star Wars: Rouge Squadron for Gamecube
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King for Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube
Spider-man 2 for Gamecube
Shadow the Hedgehog for Gamecube
Sonic Heroes for Gamecube
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast for Gamecube
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube

Rachet & Clank for PS2
Sonic Riders for PS2
Star Wars: Episode III for PS2
Superman Returns for PS2
Jak 3 for PS2
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Fronteir for PS2
Jak X Combat Racing for PS2

Every single Wii game I own.
Twillight Princess
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Galaxy 2

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks for DS
Sonic Riders (I think) for DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue for DS
Mario & Lugi Partners in Time for DS
Mario & Lugi Bowser's Inside Story for DS

Ape Escape for PSP

Bioshock for PS3
Borderlands for PS3
3D Dot Game Heroes for PS3
Little Big Planet for PS3

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth for PC
All the Stalkers because two of the three barely work, the third flat out doesn't. for PC

On top of that heafty list, these are the games Which I haven't played/played but stopped that I would be willing to pick up again.

Parasite Eve II for PS 1 classics
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for PSP

Oblivion for PS3
Dead Space for PS3
Fallout 3 for PS3

F.E.A.R
F.E.A.R: Extraction Point
F.E.A.R: Perseus Mandate
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
Hitman Contracts
Hitman: Blood Money
Super Meat Boy
Plants Versus Zombies
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Fallout
Fallout 2
Aaaand Fallout Tactics

Yay Steam Sales!

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
im so glad i managed to cull myself down to one game on psp and one game on ps3 lately.. so its been Dark Souls on the ps3 and Innocent Sin on the psp \o\ im usually backlogging myself with a lot of games so its good to see me finally knuckling down and concentrating on very few

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Nope I start and play games to completion, the ones I don't finish I just don't like. (ie. FFXIII sigh... I even pre-ordered it.)

I just finished Dead Island, on my third character attempt (stupid save corruption glitches...), it was OK; the end went a little RE5 and pissed me off.

I just started making my way through Fallout NV's Lonesome Road expansion. I'm also spending hours every week on redstone wiring my friends MineCraft server.

As a personal project I'm making an Imperial AT-AT walker that will actually move. I did have to make a mod so that you could move a block using pistons that have wires on them without the redstone coming off, incidentally opening up a lot of wiring opportunities and headaches...

At my current rate I'll have to find something to fill the 2 weeks before Skyrim is released.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Mainly trying to clear the ICO collection at the moment. Though I've got STALKER: Clear Sky, Morrowind, and a few other games in the backlog queue that I haven't managed to get a decent playthrough in yet.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I have Dead Island, Dead Rising OTR, I bought Darksiders used (Which I started) I have AC:Brotherhood to finish, plus Battlefield comes out next week. Plus I have to finish that ONE song in Beatles Rock Band to get the All 5 Stars achievement...so yeah. Quite a bit. Plus there's MW3 coming out. And Skyward Sword. And Halo -_-...And UMvC3...AND AC:R >_>. Luckily I don't care much for Skyrim or I'd be broke by the end of November.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I recently played and finished Gears of War 3 which was average and uninspired in every department so I traded it in for Deus Ex, a much better game. It's better because you can go through the entire game without killing anyone! I love that option! Batman's coming out this week, I'll probably wait for the second hand market to pick it up. Battlefield 3 is a day 1 for me, as well as Skyrim. Sheesh

MGS 4
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Dead Rising 2
too many, I have too many games to play and finish.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
i have the misfortune of starting a whole bunch of open sandbox games that never end like oblivion, two worlds 2, x3:TC, mount and blade:WB, and europa 3.......

.....help me.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Well i just finished rage in 6 hours (granted i didnt do the side missions) so that leaves me with nothing unless i replay that or something else considering i'm in a dry spell known as the great wait for the play button to appear on skyrim and saints row (when steam eventually allows the UK to pre order...).