How many of you dread waking up during mon-fri?

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Whenever its a school day, i am depressed and actually hate being awake during this time, am I alone?

I generally am in a good mood, school makes me angry.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I read this interesting study a while back that indicated that the average person is the happiest during the middle of the week and most depressed on a Sunday. True story!

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
sammyfreak said:
I read this interesting study a while back that indicated that the average person is the happiest during the middle of the week and most depressed on a Sunday. True story!
That actually makes sense if you think about it. Around Wednesday or Thursday you're "Thank God the week is almost over/the weekend is almost here" and on Sunday "I have to go back to work/school tomorrow".

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
"How many of you dread waking up during mon-fri?" I woke up during the week one time. It was a Thursday.

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
lol Oh I remember that feeling vividly. Let me tell you a secret though, it never ends. It just transitions from school to work. Make sure you go into a profession that you love to do. It does get better though. Just try to have a positive outlook. It could be worse.

^_^

JayCro

May 1, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Believe me, you'll miss school once you've left it.
Can't agree more with that.

I hate waking up full stop. Whether it be for uni, work or sport. Just hate the feeling of getting up, maybe it would help if I got into some decent sleeping patterns...

Gilgamesh999

Dec 7, 2007
I'm going to guess that you're still in high-school. The reason I make this assumption is that you're A. On a mon-fri schedule, and B. Forced to get up and cart yourself off to school.

Trust me when I say it gets MUCH better in college. That being said, I too faced the same dilemma. I woke up one day and realized that I hated my shitty go-nowhere life. I realized something had to change, or I would be chained to the same hopeless wheel forever. So I said goodbye to that hopeless cesspool of a town, and moved to a Real City. I got a shitty job, which I hated, and then traded up for a much better job, which I didn't hate. While spending time in this awesome new Real City, I found some awesome new friends. Now, almost two years on, my life has gone from one I couldn't imagine continuing to live, to one I couldn't imagine being better.

So in other words, finish high-school (which at this point, is two shades away from a juvenile penitentiary). Move the fuck away from wherever you're living now (unless you really like it), and either go to college or get a job in a place you really want to be. Just that one change will inspire you.

H0ncho

Feb 4, 2008
I recognize the feeling. It is like that sometimes.

That said, as you grow older all things get better. I'm not old myself, but that is the general trend and my impression. It is sad, but society is always geared towards the needs of those in power - and that is not the people who have to go to school.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Although I hate waking up early, I love my school. I wish I didn't have these pesky summer breaks.

Mar 26, 2008
Try owning a house and getting into debt; then you'll dread waking up at all!

As someone else said, you'll miss your school days when they are gone. I hated school when I went but now I think it wasn't so bad at all. I just had a bad attitude.

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
School is fine, though that might be because I have great teachers. Waking up at the ungodly hour of six AM, however, is something that I hate with a passion. It's worse when I wake up at 5:30 or something, glance at the clock, and know that I don't have enough time to get any more sleep.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
I work rolling shifts of four on, four off, making weeks and weekends meaningless. Try that on for size.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
nilcypher said:
I work rolling shifts of four on, four off, making weeks and weekends meaningless. Try that on for size.
My first thought was that you meant hours (4 on, 4 off) and I thought "That must suck." Then realized you meant days, not quite so bad.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Calobi said:
nilcypher said:
My first thought was that you meant hours (4 on, 4 off) and I thought "That must suck." Then realized you meant days, not quite so bad.
Ah yes, this is true, but then when you consider that the shifts are 12 hours long and they start at 6am when on days, and 6pm when on nights, it soon gets worse.