How many people are here from /v/?

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Before you ask, I don't visit the place. But I'm just curious - so, how many people here visit and post on /v/ often?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I've started to lurk on /v/ and /a/ recently. They really get good at 1am or so, or at least my tired mind finds everything funnier at 1am but hey. Depressingly i've missed all the hot new anime that they're all discussing, it's informative if nothing else.

Some of the responses to questions are hilarious.

Best line in the whole of the MGS series?

*Generic Big Boss line*

*Generic Ocelot line*

"nanomachines"

I lol'd

Or when someone asked for the best video game cover art and everyone unironically posted the Batman Arkham City: GOTY Edition art

I fucking lol'd

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I used to go on /v/ and 4chan in general all the time, but I haven't been there in a long while to be totally honest.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I go to /vg/ because they have better taste in games, but /v/ is fun when there's a shitstorm over news or leaks.

Though I'm more of a /a/non.

Thebazilly

Jul 7, 2010
I get tired of /v/ because they just hate everything. I haven't been there in a while. I've been on /vp/ most recently, soaking up Pokemon leaks and information. I like /tg/ too, until the threads about "gurls in muh DnD" populated entirely by be-fedora'd neckbeards make me too angry to stay.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Is something wrong with /v/? Just curious.
Btw, never was in this place of Internet.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
SweetShark said:
Basically, this -
Thebazilly said:
I get tired of /v/ because they just hate everything.
And seeing how negative and cynical this place can get, I was just curious to see if there was a relation. Not drawing any conclusions yet, but I just get the feeling that a good deal of gaming Internet forums seems to have embraced this attitude of basically spending an inordinate amount of time bashing stuff. If a stranger ever came across a random gaming forum, I feel like he / she would think that the people there don't actually like games.

So yeah, if this sort of thing goes on for maybe a few more weeks, I'm just gonna play the games instead of visiting any forum. The potential for good discussion is often ruined by vitriol and hatred, and I simply don't have the patience for it anymore. May sound a bit dramatic, but I just seem to find this behavior everywhere I go.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
lurk more ****** I can't get /v/. I don't play most of the games they talk about, don't follow most of the conversations they have, don't want to follow a lot of their conversations. I think only /x/ has been faster at getting me disinterested in a part of 4chins

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
SKBPinkie said:
SweetShark said:
Basically, this -
Thebazilly said:
I get tired of /v/ because they just hate everything.
And seeing how negative and cynical this place can get, I was just curious to see if there was a relation. Not drawing any conclusions yet, but I just get the feeling that a good deal of gaming Internet forums seems to have embraced this attitude of basically spending an inordinate amount of time bashing stuff. If a stranger ever came across a random gaming forum, I feel like he / she would think that the people there don't actually like games.

So yeah, if this sort of thing goes on for maybe a few more weeks, I'm just gonna play the games instead of visiting any forum. The potential for good discussion is often ruined by vitriol and hatred, and I simply don't have the patience for it anymore. May sound a bit dramatic, but I just seem to find this behavior everywhere I go.
Heh, tell me about.
The whole hate about the Mass Effect Ending ruined my chance to play the game.....

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I'm a /v/ and /a/ anon.
They are cynical very as has been said, but there are some really good discussions now and then.
As is with everything on 4chan, since everyone's anonymous there is more room for vitriol and discussions go faster.

Though you do get many of the same bullshit threads such as

"Why is ____ allowed."
"Worst castlemania."
"What is the (movie/book/videogame) of videogames?"
"/v/ suddenly hates (videogame that /v/ has always hated). What happened?"

But sometimes they are kind of funny.

The Escapist is filled with many SJW, unlike /v/ which despises them. As such you can already garner what the Escapist's reputation is on /v/.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ive been lurking on /tg/ not too long ago just to see them rage about the new 40k codexes.

I also took a look at /d/ out of curiousity. Im not sure what i saw there. Im sure i dont want to know what i saw there.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
gigastar said:
Ive been lurking on /tg/ not too long ago just to see them rage about the new 40k codexes.

I also took a look at /d/ out of curiousity. Im not sure what i saw there. Im sure i dont want to know what i saw there.
What happened with the 40k codexes?

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
SweetShark said:
gigastar said:

God help you if it is a Space Marine codex, or anything ever written, touched or even seen by Matt Ward. He is quite literally Satan to some of the more.. enthusiastic war gaming players.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
TehCookie said:
I go to /vg/ because they have better taste in games, but /v/ is fun when there's a shitstorm over news or leaks.

Though I'm more of a /a/non.
I like that Katawa Shojo basically made moot create /vg/ :p.

SweetShark said:
gigastar said:

Part of being a 40k player is that you have to completely flip your shit everytime they release a new codex.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Cecilo said:
SweetShark said:
gigastar said:

God help you if it is a Space Marine codex, or anything ever written, touched or even seen by Matt Ward. He is quite literally Satan to some of the more.. enthusiastic war gaming players.
Come on, it can't be THAT bad.
What major change can make a whole fanbase believe a person is Diablo?

Thebazilly

Jul 7, 2010
Cecilo said:
SweetShark said:
gigastar said:
Ah, of course, Matt Ward. No wonder /tg/'s flipping its collective shit.

TheYellowCellPhone said:
I think only /x/ has been faster at getting me disinterested in a part of 4chins
Every once in a while I like to visit /x/ just to troll them. /x/ is one of those boards that's sort of sadly hilarious.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Thebazilly said:
Every once in a while I like to visit /x/ just to troll them. /x/ is one of those boards that's sort of sadly hilarious.
God, I don't know what the point of /x/ is. I thought it was guys finding creepypastas or occasionally talking about horror movies, and it's... this little place where people talk about these 2spooky4me walks to the 7/11 and aliens.

Is it some huge joke that I don't understand? I think people in on the joke are laughing at me.

Thebazilly

Jul 7, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Thebazilly said:
God, I don't know what the point of /x/ is. I thought it was guys finding creepypastas or occasionally talking about horror movies, and it's... this little place where people talk about these 2spooky4me walks to the 7/11 and aliens.

Is it some huge joke that I don't understand? I think people in on the joke are laughing at me.
You forgot the Illuminati conspiracies, the guides on astral projection, and people talking about their imaginary friends that they created themselves out of psychic energy.