How many PS3's or 360's have you replaced?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I was burgled last night and they took my PS3 so I'm going to have to save up for a new one. :/
Sick bastards. At least they didn't take my games.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Apparently my 1st PS3 "heard" my passing comments about saving up some ? so I might go from 40GB behemoth to a slim 250GB, since it decided to flash me a yellow light before I could get the money together. That said, I'm on my 2nd PS3 at the moment.

Also, allow me to use this thread and ask: Does anyone else here own a slim PS3? If so does yours make odd and somewhat audible snapping noises from time to time? Mine does this (apparently arbitrary) sound of snapping plastic and I'm wondering whether I should be worried.

Argyshmargy

Jun 4, 2010
I had an xbox360 that i'd had for about...five years and it clogged up with dust. Did some home repair and it worked fine for a bit then completely died. 106$ later im on my 2nd xbox :D

Dr Gonzo

Aug 19, 2009
It's a funny thing, just yesterday, I returned my second 360 with a case of the RROD. I am also on my second PS3. Just reading this thread makes me think about the manufacturers of these beautifully crafted wonders of technology that have a life span of two years. Somewhere at Sony and Microsoft some fat horned spawn of satan in a suit is pissing himself with laughter at our expense...

Jun 11, 2008
I am about to get my second 360 had my first for nearly 4 years now so I think that is fairly good value for money considering the fail rate for original models.

darkfall594

May 31, 2010
None. I've had my xbox for 3 years now and my ps3 for 4 months. Both of them are still working perfectly.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
Used to be a Playstation Whore but I went traitor after the pS3 came out.

I've had my Xbox360 since the 360 came out. Never any issues, never a red circle. I love it.

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
it´s pretty bad that the new consoles brake this often, i mean, i was playing on the ps2 a few days ago, and pulled it over the edge of the table, a good 4-5 foot drop, it didn't even turn of, i just kept playing (Lego racing ftw hehe) like nothing happened.

Same thing with my beloved xbox (the old one) now thats a console you could torment in ways that would be considered inhuman in the old soviet union. You could throw the controls into the wall and it just bumped off and you picked it up again without being afraid of it being broken. Today im even afraid of dropping my 360 control because it feels so fragile, but so far everything is working ( its the elite version).
Shouldn't new products be better in both terms of performance, reliability and quality?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Zero. I don't play my 360 enough for it to crap out on me. I also use canned air to blow all of the dust out of the housing on regular basis and I keep it well ventilated at all times. For $300, you better believe I'm going to take good care of it. As much as I'd like to think I'm made of money, I'm not.

Darwins_Folly

Jan 16, 2010
I've never had a single console crap out on me, either xbox or playstation. And I've owned and abused all of them.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
I have had an xbox 3 years, I play it for at least an hour 4 times a week, and its has never given me a single problem. No RROD, nothing. Its frozen once or twice, usually due to the actual game, but other than that, not a single problem.

Love it.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
4th 360 since launch day, I thrash 360s like redheaded stepchildren, a good solid 50+ hours of play a week, so I can't say each one hasn't served me well, and whilst my PS3 is shagged I don't see any compelling reason to replace or fix it because I hardly ever used it (and it lasted to the end of FFXIII).

My Wii remains unbroken, but only because it's never on.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I'm on my second PS3, my first once lasted me a while, then yellow-lighted on me... annoyingly, the warranty was gone =\