How many Steam games do you own?

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
BathorysGraveland2 said:
4. And one of them was gifted to me because he didn't want it.

I'm a retail buyer, personally. It's just three games I own have a mandatory Steam requirement for reasons unknown to me.
Pretty much this here.

I love my game collection, that includes actually having it in the tangible world. I have about 15 Steam games but I've been with Steam from the beginning... so that just piles onto how much I try to avoid using the service. I honestly don't think it's humanly possible for me to fork out new retail price for a triple A game through a digital service. I feel way too uncomfortable just buying $20 games on XBL and PSN.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012

And 2 of them I bought as a disk from game.

most people who know me know I don't buy games digitally and I don't see the point in buying hundreds of games I don't play.

I know a lot of people say "well its good for organizing" I have a box for that

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Just shy 160. But when you get the entire tomb raider franchise for 30 bux or all the gta games for 10 with a few humble bundles, it doesn't seem like I spent a lot on games.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Elate said:
Tilted_Logic said:
188. I'll blame thank the Humble Bundle for many of these. Speaking of which, did anyone by chance get the Amanita Bundle way back when? The one with access to the Kooky film? I've been trying to find that movie for years (english dub version because I suck), and of all the weeks to be away, the Amanita bundle was the one I missed x_x

Sorry, on topic - yeah, lot of sales and bundles. I think probably 1/3 of the list is games I have no interest in at the moment simply because they were part of a pack.
No but I did get Machinarium from another bundle, which is included in that. That game saved my sanity, when I moved to my new place ( a few years ago ) it was one of the only games I had installed when I had no internet, along with Witcher 1. Suffice to say, it gave me a greater appreciation for point and clicks.
I know what you mean! Machinarium has to be one of my favorite games.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
135 of which I've played (and beaten) about 100. There's a few of them in there that I bought for no other reason than because I wanted the game for something else, like ArmA II: Combined Operations. I'm pretty surprised I only have this many to be honest, come September 12 I'll have been using the service for a decade.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I've only had my gaming computer since January but I have 18 games on steam. Being broke doesn't help but most of the games I have I got on sale.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I recently (see: 1 week ago) got a laptop capable of playing SOME PC games...

Europa Universalis III (some graphics probs, but still playable-ish)
System Shock 2
X-COM: UFO Defense

Those I can play

Medieval II: Total War/ MII: TW Kingdoms
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

These I can't

Can anyone recommend older games that can run on XP?

EXos

Nov 24, 2009
Spend last weekend sorting them in categories... It's harder than it sounds. XD

I have 179... I'm a game hoarder... And steamsales and Humble bundle aren't helping... XD

Also a lot of indie titles.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
EscapeGoat said:
I have 158, mostly thanks to Steam Sales and Humble Bundles and such. I only have 19 installed currently though, either stuff I happily replay like Half-Life 2, little indie games I've been enjoying recently like Papers, Please and games I just pour hours and hours into like Medieval II: Total War and Rome: Total War. I haven't really played most of my games - that's the curse of buying Humble Bundles for one or two games, I suppose - but I'm sure at some point I'll get round to them.
The same goes to me.
I have over 200+ games, but m ost of them I bought them from VERY cheaps bundles.
And of course like you, I will never so much time to play ALL the games on Steam.....

omegaweopon

Aug 25, 2009
248. BundleStars Humble, Indiegala, and Indie royale are my bane. Too many, far too many. I've played a decent amount, and look forward to each new game with glee though.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
One Skullgirls which I bought yesterday because I want the early access to characters and to make sure I get them incase Sony decides to stop supporting PSN on PS3 later next year (also faster updates).

I also have Zeno Clash so I suppose thats technically another one but I bought the retail release its just that it insists on making me use Steam hence why I never finished it as I really dislike Steam.

I have only got it now because I think more fighter will find their home onto the PC now the console switch is coming and OFC its free online play.

Also why is Zeno Clash 2 almost twice as expensive on Steam as it is on PSN?

Really though I dislike Steam and I cant see that changing its just I like Skullgirls and fighters more than I hate Steam if GOG had Skullgirls I would have got it there no client no fuss thats basically all I want and also the reason I always buy from GOG over Steam on the rare occasions I buy a PC game if there is a choice, regardless of price.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
313. But Civ4 and all the expansions are on the list twice so it's more like 308.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
612 but gaming is my major pass-time and has been since the mid 80's and am a sucker for sales and indie titles.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I'm not at home so I can't say the exact number. All I can is that I have too many and yet not enough. If I had to guess, I'd say around 70......15 of which I've yet to play. I'm slowly working my way through them but it seems like for every one that I finished two go on sale for so cheap I pretty much feel like I have to purchase them. Curse you, Valve!!

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
31, though half of them are from humble bundles. I only have 15 installed, since I use the DRM free versions of the games if I have them.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Zero, because I technically don't own any of the games. They're basically lifetime rentals.

Non-smart-ass answer: 67, with the only games I've yet to touch are the XCOM games that came packaged with The Bureau.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Currently:
106 Games Owned
25 DLCs

I currently have every single game I've purchased either installed on my "gaming" hard-drives, or backed-up onto one or more of my external drives. I'm not of the sort that buys something on Steam and then either waits years to download it or never bothers at all. I like actually having the software I purchased.

Likewise, of those 106 games, I've played roughly 80 of them. The rest were newer purchases. As in: within the last year.

Of those, I'm actively (and dutifully) making my way through them. One or two at at time. However, there are a few games in my list that I honestly regret purchasing; to varying degrees anyway.

Those being:
Borderlands 2
Painkiller pack
Sin Episodes

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
82 (Might be more due to unclaimed keys)
However, considering I've only had Steam for just one year, I think that's quite a feat.
It's certainly been the main driving force that converted me from a "solely consoles" to a now console/PC gamer.