How Many Zombies Does It Take to Ruin Your Fun?

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
I'll make you a deal; you can put 7000 zombies on the map at once as long as you let me use characters from Dynasty Warriors. It's a match made in zombie killing heaven!

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Really, I'm glad designers are actually taking into account 'Based on the setting, and not on buggering the processing power, what's the max range of enemies before things get un-fun for a player?'. A lot of modern games could stand to have that kind of forethought.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
It be nice if the game was scaled to your level/current equipment. When I'm going about in a wheelchair with three mounted LMGS, I'd want to go into a room with 7000 zombies. But if I'm running low on both health and food, I'd still want a challenge, but not to have to open that door and have 7000 heads turn my way.

Oh, and all the ZVP refrences made me laugh!

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
John Funk said:
After about 3,000, you can't really tell the difference because it fills up the screen anyway.
Looks like somebody needs to play a bit of Total War. More specifically, 24 elephants against 38.400 peasants on a bridge map.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
what too many zombies?Psssh cant happen, but really its good to know that there wont be ONE MILLION ZOMBIES on screen at once

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Too many people wanting to take out Dead Rising's best features because damnit if they don't it won't be exactly like every other game in the world.

Anyway If they've got the tech for it then it would be nice if at least there was a "Okay lets go this way" *See 7,000 zombies* "Ah, maybe not..."

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
If you're curious about the difference it makes, get Dead Rising 1 and wander around Paradise Plaza for a bit, now go to the underground maintinance tunnels and wander around.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Asehujiko said:
John Funk said:
After about 3,000, you can't really tell the difference because it fills up the screen anyway.
Looks like somebody needs to play a bit of Total War. More specifically, 24 elephants against 38.400 peasants on a bridge map.
That sounds so incredibly awesome my brain will melt, you gotta give me a link to a youtube video of that!

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
i think ppl are misunderstanding 10mx200m full of 7000 zombies alot of them you wouldnt be able to even see it would just be a gyrating mass of clipping zombies too thick to cut through.

I dont think 7000 is very easy to visualize on screen.
let alone 7k fitted into a tiny box.

of course 7k spread out through the size of a football pitch or something.

he is not saying that 7k is too much he is saying that zombies in that sort of density is impractical

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I see what he means. It might get too boring. I'd feel the same way.