How Much Caffeine Would Kill You?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Given that I'm a student who lives on coffee, a lack of caffeine is more likely to do me in than too much. God, how I depend on those little black globules of liquid to see me through lectures and hangovers...

Deathbird

Jan 30, 2008
Ive had 20 shots of espresso in one day and I felt fine.. extremely wired but fine..
Bakers life.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
It'd take 65-75 cans of Relentless to kill me.

Of course, that number is a bit off - Relentless is a 500ml can. So that's 35 litres.

I'd probably drown before being killed by the caffeine!

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
123.04 shots of espresso to kill me. I could down that in four hours, that's standard single-shot, 30 second drinks. I usually hit back a doubleshot ristretto (stronger) every morning, and have been known to drink up to 10 of these over the first few hours of a LAN party. Coffee will gladly take me to my grave!

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
A little idle browsing on the website tells me of the existence of a drink containing 300mg of caffein. This drink, called SPIKE something, could kill me in 35 cans. So, suicide by caffeine suddenly sounds like a likely scenario.

AWESOME.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
So, the most lethal thing on that list I consume is classic Coke, and even then it would take about 428 to do me in.

And do you really think t was wise giving us your weight?
You just gave me yours :p

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
The Caffeine calculator is old news and has been around for years. It is for entertainment only and not to be taken too seriously.

After all, if you pull up an older coffee article, it only takes three cups of coffee a day to create short hallucinations, and nine cups a day to hallucinate more.

If you drink a 2 liter bottle of regular soda a day for more than two weeks, you risk not only high blood pressure levels and erratic heart beats, but the acid in the stuff can also cause ulsers in the stomach and mess up the esophagus. That's regular soda. I can't begin to tell you what energy drinks may due to your system or brain.

Children are more susceptible to internal effects from excessive caffeinated and soda drinks, including obesity, dehydration, and trouble concentrating.

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure that you'll die from the sugar intake before the caffeine gets to you...

szaleniec1000

Nov 11, 2008
Quaidis said:
After all, if you pull up an older coffee article, it only takes three cups of coffee a day to create short hallucinations, and nine cups a day to hallucinate more.
I've never heard of anyone hallucinating on three (or even nine) cups. I could understand those figures if three cups a day was the *minimum* safe caffeine intake... ;)

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
theveryrealDarktalon said:
Quaidis said:
I've never heard of anyone hallucinating on three (or even nine) cups. I could understand those figures if three cups a day was the *minimum* safe caffeine intake... ;)
I couldn't find the relevant article offhand on this website, but a quick google search brought up a few news articles on the same thing: http://www.livescience.com/health/090113-coffee-hallucinations.html