How Much Is George Lucas Involved In The Old Republic?

Dom Uk

Jul 9, 2009
I'd rather Lucas was involved very little (if at all) in The Old Republic but Bioware is a company that I "trust" since I've never purchased a bad game made by them so regardless of his involvement I'm pretty confident that the end product will be good.

Jinoru

Jun 30, 2009
orannis62 said:
Well, Bioware did okay on KotOR, so this will probably be fine.
I hope.
Okay? How did they do OK?

They did epically awesome.
And tOR's lookin good.

Jinoru

Jun 30, 2009
The Bandit said:
Outamyhead said:
The Bandit said:
I'm going to be honest. I hope the game is completely fucking awful. I hope a total three people buy the stupid thing, and one of them sells it back to Gamestop and buys a better game, like Too Human. I hope there are mass gatherings, where gamers burn copies of The Old Republic and dance around the flames. Then maybe LucasArts will finally have some sense knocked into them and make a proper fucking KOTOR 3.
Huh?

So your way of showing LA some sense is to buy loads of copies of the game, in turn giving them crap loads of money, and also making them think that people really love the game...and then burn them up, so you would then have to buy more of them for said bonfires of protest?

I just wiki'd Too human (because I never paid any attention to the game being advertised or bothered looking up trailers), your going to replace an MMO with an action game that has a short lived single player and an online (and almost too predictable) deathmatch/CTF mode, that doesn't reward you with much of anything?

Yeah that'll show em who's boss round here, and make them start work on KOTOR 3, which is pretty much what TOR is:/
...Because, you know, I was totally being serious about buying copies of the game to burn. hurr durr

You're obviously eagerly anticipating this game, so I'll keep this short so you won't be too offended, and then try to get into some half-baked fanboy argument over it: Whatever The Old Republic is, whether great or terrible game, it is NOT KOTOR 3.

And, yes, other guy that quoted me: I was being sarcastic. I used an obviously terrible game (shame on you Outamyhead for trusting wikipedia, too) to compare to The Old Republic, because I'm hoping it will be terrible.
They'll get around to it maybe. Prolly not though, because and MMORPG will pretty much kill any reason to make single player content if they make the game right.

No need to Troll man.

Jinoru

Jun 30, 2009
Schlorgan said:
NO GEORGE!!! DON'T DO IT!!!
Don't worry Schlorg. We'll just eat his soul if bad comes to worse. Like Anakin Skywalker in Episode III: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Keldon888

Apr 25, 2009
Lucas really doesn't do anything anymore, just rakes in money. He says it himself in interviews, he just sits atop his companies and gives very little input.