How much sleep do you get?

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
12 am to 6 am. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, I fall asleep at 12 and always wake up at 6 on the dot. Really good for work, sucks when I want to party. Even if I'm hungover as fuck, 6 is when I wake up. Then I have to live with my broken self for the rest of the day instead of sleeping it off.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I go to bed anywhere betweeen 9:30 and 10:30 and wake up for work around 7. If I go to bed a bit earlier I'm usually only lying there from 6am onwards, though, so I may just go get ready for bed at 10 again, like I used to. So, I guess I get about 8 hours?

May 29, 2011
Depends. If I get to decide 8.5 hours. Usually something like 7 h 15 min.

Whether or not I'm tired doesn't really seem to have any correlation to how much I sleep, it's just something my body randomly decides. Sometimes I wake up after 4 hours and I'm fine, sometimes I wake up after 9 and I'm tired as hell.

My body also has a wonderful internal clock that wakes me up about 45 minutes before I need to around once a week, unless I take it into account in which case it never happens. I am perfectly aware that this creates a paradox.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
assuming I'm not brooding over something roughly 7 hours. 0:30 in 7:30 out.

And to OP, I've always understood that sleeping that long is something you get used to. I always feel like ass if I sleep for very long, worse then just getting out around the 8 hour mark. Unless you are doing extreme physical or mental labor you should be able to force your body into 8 hour nights cold turkey by way of alarmclock, I'm pretty sure. Not a doctor though so take that with a grain of salt.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Well, to be honest, I'd love to sleep a little less, as odd as it may sound. Because of high school, I have developed this very strict, unbreakable sleep schedule that internally dictates when I go to sleep and how late I can stay up. I'd LOVE to stay up at least to midnight playing video games while I still have the free time in between graduating and getting a job, but since school beat this schedule into me, it's next to impossible for me to stay up past 9:30 sometimes. Because of this, I usually get about 8-10 hours of sleep, but it usually amount to nothing anyway since I can't use it to stay up. Not even if I nap. It's rather infuriating.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
About 6-7. If I sleep much more, I wake with a really nasty headache that lasts the whole day.

However, I can function fairly well on less. If I don't need to concentrate much, I can get on with 4-5 for a good week or so.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
These days? Two to three hours a night. For the last week. Its getting pretty fucked up, actually.

Mostly I clock about 6 to 8 hours. Well, some hours. Depends on the night. I get a lot of sleepless nights, or nights of waking dreams and weird hallucinations. Honestly, two to three hours is better than 6 hours of a smothering dream.

Yeah, I will go to a doctor about it in a month if it doesn't clear up xD

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Depends. Somedays I get 11 hours of sleep, other days I get like 5, or 8 if I'm lucky.

Usually 5 or less if someone wakes me up. I once got 3 hours of sleep.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
It varies. Most nights I get 6-8 hours, but occasionally I'll get only 2-5 hours like I did the other day.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
I haven't really "slept" in a while. I mostly just roll around with my eyes closed.

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
Usually around 6 hours, often less, which is far too little, but I can't seem to get more no matter how hard I try. Can't stand the taste of coffee either.

irok

Jun 6, 2012
4-7 hours, if I have get up early for something I don't adjust at all and get those 4 hour nights, else its 6-7, I get horrible head aches if I sleep any longer, I actually feel best after 5 hours but im not brave enough to cut back unless it actually has an effect on that day and if I don't have anything to wake up for then 5 hours just isn't going to happen, I should also mention that 6 hours is something I used to do all the time from staying up reading, its just what feels normal now and 7 usually seems like an indulgent waste. I refuse to let my body or good sense dictate when I go to sleep, there's always much more interesting things to do.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
If I have to get up in the morning, then I'll usually go to bed at 1:00am. If I don't have to get up early, then I'm sure as hell not waking up early. In that case, I'll often to to bed at 3:00am or so and wake up at around 11:30am.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I used to run on 5 hours or less.
Ever since I started sleeping 8 to 12 hours, my body feels so light.
Funnything is, though, I am still sleepy during the day time, regardless of how many hours of sleep I get in the night

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
About eight or occasionally nine hours, perfectly healthy and average, will probably be getting up earlier now that I'm back in school.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
At the moment 12 hours. 3am-3pm ish is my current sleeping pattern.

I prefer not to see the sun, ever.

But that because I'm back to being unemployed.

Obviously I would be sleeping less whilst employed and would need to be awake during the day because that's when the rest of the world deems it appropriate to be awake.

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
Link_to_Future said:
I usually get between six and eight hours per night. However, since I have to be awake by around 4am, this means I'm going to bed when the sun is still shining through my window.

Oh well, normal enough I guess.
Me too, in bed by 8 to be asleep by 9:30, up at 4:00 . . . Not to uncommon in the US, if you want to be for dinner with the kids you gotta start early.

Necabo

Jul 11, 2011
My Sleeptime app says 6,5 hours with the occasional 7 hours mixed in. Not counting all nights I went to bed at 5 am or so :p

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
5-6 hours usually. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I can get by on 3-4 hours of sleep, but I try to avoid that as much as possible.