How often do you eat meat?

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
I love to nom an animals especially bacon.

bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips & bacon strips

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I usually eat meat twice a day.

For lunch I usually have pasta based food, made to taste a tad nicer with some cheese and bacon, and chicken. Lovely stuff.

And for dinner, the type of meat varies wildly from what I want to have. Cow, Chicken, Turkey, Dog, you name it. I'll eat it. But I'd rather not eat lamb, not because it's a baby sheep but If I wanted to eat pure fat, I'll just eat George Lucas's chin.

And just so you don't think I'm a complete meathead, I do love my vegetables as well. I love every single food. Except for mushrooms. I. Hate. Mushrooms.

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
Never, but when I did, it'd be once every one or two days at dinner.

Mandalore_15 said:
Yup, every day. It's getting a bit problematic though. I've started going to the gym again in an attempt to bulk up, and the amount of protein I'm supposed to be eating (300g a day) is just insane. It's the equivalent of just under 1.5kg of beef every day! I don't have either the funds or stomach capacity for such an amount of pure animal flesh...
Have you thought about non-meat sources of protein? There's plenty of food rich in protein that isn't meat: milk, soy milk, eggs, various beans, broccoli, oats, cheese, quinoa, yoghurt, nuts, legumes, and I there are probably some I'm not thinking of. There are a diverse amount of recipes for these things too. If you eat those things throughout the day you won't have a problem meeting protein requirements.

JWRosser said:
I would say pretty much everyday (including fish). A friend of mine (who is not too smart) decided that she would become a vegetarian as she thought it was healthier. I struck her. I struck her good.
Did she do her research and read that sensible vegetarian diets reduce risk for a lot of diseases and on average vegetarians have a lower BMI? I also know a biology major in the U.S. who avoids meat because the way the animals are commonly raised is very unhealthy.

I'm not saying a balanced diet with a bit of meat in it wouldn't be as healthy or healthier for some, but for so many people it's hard to be an omnivore and eat healthily because of the way so much meat is raised and served nowadays. I notice that people tend to have meat as the centrepiece of the meal with something like chips or packet vegetables or boring salad on the side and consequently dislike vegetables and have even less of a varied diet than a lot of vegetarians, and there's always the temptation of fast food.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
2) because it's not the healthiest thing to do and I honestly much prefer a nice piece of fish.
Contrary to what the USDA would like people to believe, eating red meat is not unhealthy.

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
Every day. I recently joined PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. Its a bit lesser known, but has 6 billion members.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Edited post for some damn simplicity. Once or twice a day, depending on how I feel. Sometimes none if I feel bloated or don't want to eat anything heavy. Red meat once a week.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I eat it usually every morning, the school always provides it for lunch, and then dinner it is required so 3 times a day. Occasionally I might make a sandwich with lunch meat or tuna fish so sometimes I get eat meat more that 3 times. But meat is essential in most of my meals.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Mandalore_15 said:
Yup, every day. It's getting a bit problematic though. I've started going to the gym again in an attempt to bulk up, and the amount of protein I'm supposed to be eating (300g a day) is just insane. It's the equivalent of just under 1.5kg of beef every day! I don't have either the funds or stomach capacity for such an amount of pure animal flesh...
Okay, I'm sorry, but are you absolutely positive you need that much? "Bulking Up" and "eating as if you were a professional bodybuilder" are two completely different things. Even if you're an intense athlete, the most protein you'd really need (that your body would actually be able to use) would be about 2.5 grams per kilogram of body weight. So, if you weigh 300 pounds, then okay, my bad. Otherwise, you are totally overdoing it, and your body is more likely than not going to end up converting that excess protein into fat.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Fieldy409 said:
Okay so I read somewhere that us
Australians eat the most meat in the world. Or something like that.

So I'm curious escapists. Do you eat meat daily? I'd assume most would. I usually have meat for lunch and dinner most days.

Inb4 I don't eat meat I'm a vegetarian.
Dont worry Im eating enough meat for the both of us.

I eat meat generally as often as I can. My goal is to eat at least one of every animal. And when I eat a meal I like to try and see how many different animals I can have at once. Such as when I go for Chinese I will get the Pepper Steak and Onions, General Tso's Chicken and Pork Fried Rice.

Beef jerky is a good lean snack on the go and always ensures meat is inside my system.

Nightshine

Dec 23, 2009
Mandalore_15 said:
+1 I usually have a balance of red and white meat, its almost impossible to get the daily protein amounts unless you can constantly graze on protein and I can't afford to stack weight gainers 2x a day.
If I don't eat beef one day I would usually have Tuna or Salmon, I'm not a meat addict, but I do enjoy a good steak or lean chicken breast.

SonicKoala said:
Okay, I'm sorry, but are you absolutely positive you need that much? "Bulking Up" and "eating as if you were a professional bodybuilder" are two completely different things. Even if you're an intense athlete, the most protein you'd really need (that your body would actually be able to use) would be about 2.5 grams per kilogram of body weight. So, if you weigh 300 pounds, then okay, my bad. Otherwise, you are totally overdoing it, and your body is more likely than not going to end up converting that excess protein into fat.
All depends on build and gentics, I go soft easily so I have to eat more protein then someone who is "naturally lean" unlike some who already are lean. Even now, I'm down to 11%BF but I'm still soft in some areas.
You'd be suprised how much genetics has to do with it, I can't tell you how many mates I have which eat McDonalds probaly 4-5 times a week and are leaner then me, they just can't produce fat. Just like how some just can't produce muscle without the correct diet.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I'm an Aussie and if I dont have meat for 2 meals of the day then I feel like I have not satisfied my daily meat intake.

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
If you just mean mammals, then slightly more than every other day. If you mean anything that was once an animal, then almost every single meal. If it ever had a thought, I will eat it, and I will enjoy it.