How old were you when you had your first cigarette?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
DugMachine said:
Filiecs said:
(Smoking weed is actually 3-5 times worse than regular smoking)
Mostly natural plant is somehow worse than chemically altered tobacco with about a million other chemicals mixed in?

What source are you getting this 3-5 times worse stuff from?
I'm not saying I agree with him, but most of the time here spliffs have tobacco in them too, so they're probably not as much better as some people like to think. It certainly doesn't help that spliffs won't have filters on them either.

Taylortron5000

Sep 5, 2011
Probably around 11 or 12, Dad had left one in an ashtray at work and took a quick puff. Hacked up half a lung, and swore that I'd never do it again.

Of course, I'm horrible and staying true to my word >_>. Around 23 ish I started taking cig breaks with a dude at work, then socially with drinks whenever I went out with someone who smoked and they felt like bumming, finally flat out bought my own packs at the end of this June and I'm up to about 5-8 per day, depending. Most people around me don't even know I do it, but then again I don't announce these things and frankly, I don't think it's anyone's business but mine.

Saying it on an internet forum though... yeah. I admit to being a hypocrite once in a while.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Filiecs said:
DugMachine said:
Filiecs said:
Mostly natural plant is somehow worse than chemically altered tobacco with about a million other chemicals mixed in?

What source are you getting this 3-5 times worse stuff from?
AnarchistFish said:
Filiecs said:
Never.
Personally, I'd rather lick a street.
That goes for ALL types of smoking, weed included.
You got evidence to back that up? I'm been told/read the opposite several times before. They stuff cigarettes full of chemicals. Even if it's true, most people wouldn't smoke weed anywhere near as much as cigarettes.
"Smoking marijuana can cause significant health problems. Marijuana contains more than 400 chemicals, of which 60 are cannabinoids. Smoking a marijuana cigarette deposits about three to five times more tar into the lungs than one filtered tobacco cigarette.
Consequently, regular marijuana smokers suffer from many of the same health problems as tobacco smokers, such as chronic coughing and wheezing, chest colds, and chronic bronchitis. In fact, studies show that smoking three to four joints per day causes at least as much harm to the respiratory system as smoking a full pack of cigarettes every day.

Marijuana smoke also contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into malignant cells."

Weed is smoked unfiltered, leading you to smoke not only the raw plant but also the extra tar that comes with it.

Source:
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/bldea050426_4.htm

There are also a bunch of other harmful effects of marijuana listed on that site. Such as possible brain damage in long-term users that start when they are young. This can cause slow-mindedness and a lack of motivation in the user.

Also, even though you can't die from it, Marijuana technically IS addictive. The withdrawal symptoms are usually insomnia, anxiety, and a lack of appetite.

I really don't care if weed is legalized or not, but there are lots of health risks to ALL types of drug abuse. They teach this in health class, which is actually a very valuable class to take.
Yeah I've seen that before but idk why anyone would smoke 3-4 joints in one day, so I'd say that when you take that into account it shouldn't do as much harm to you. Swear that possible brain damage is unproven too. Wouldn't be surprised if the causation is the other way round and it's just that people with mental illness are more likely to take the drug.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Renegade Shepard said:
I came out drinking a bottle of ryncol, I think cigarettes are a bot beyond me at this point.
I miss your old avatar. It was more "you."

OT: I have never smoked or drank anything and never will.

(Alcohol is fatal to me. Being a college student, that's some serious pressure.)