How will Yahtzee review Portal 2?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I imagine it'll be like his Arkham Asylum review. Pointing out little flaws and overexaggerating them, but then saying that the flaws are only minor bits of the game and everything not mentioned is utterly superb and that he massively recommends it.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Superhyperactiveman said:
I imagine he'll do it by talking very fast into a microphone and making a lot of cock jokes.
This is what will happen if he decides to review it at all. Would be funny if he was somehow the only guy that managed to get a terribly glitched copy of the game.

Darby

Jul 21, 2010
He won't review it this week. He does all his reviews a week in advance, so that he isn't under as much pressure to get them done. That's why he mentioned the Brisbane floods in his Minecraft review, after they had already happened. And if he still likes "baiting fanboys", then I think he'll review something different just to piss us off.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Deminobody said:
Here's another question to ponder: Will he play the co-op?
He did play 2-player co-op in MW2 with a friend, so it's likely that he will do with this one as well.

Schreck157

Apr 14, 2009
I haven't play Portal 2 yet, so if the following is untrue, be gentle.

But OT, I don't think Yahtzee will think Portal would even need a sequel unless it did something to the gameplay that changed how the game is played fundamentally. Changes to story and a few new gadgets aren't enough to justify an entire $60-$70 game. I predict him making references as to how all of this stuff could have been released as DLC for Portal 1.

Jun 11, 2008
He won't review he will critique it there is a difference. He will critique it and point out any major or minor flaws he finds for comedic effect as that is what he does and what his fanbase wants.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
A few seconds silence before looking at the camera and stabbing his eyes with forks.

He'd rather die than praise a game for the entire review.

Death Prophet

Mar 23, 2011
Personally I hope he does Mortal Kombat first just to spite all the fanboys crying for a Portal 2 review. That would be right up his lane.

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
He will give it a largely positive review, while using the co-op feature to make fun of online multiplayer, point out the lack of advanced chambers and challenge rooms and likely point out a few of the worse pacing decisions.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
Everyone's going to hate me for this lame-ass joke, but:

Portal 2, this is the part where he reviews you.

Just imagine the yellow background, the GLaDOS body wearing Yahtzee's hat and a crusher poised over Portal 2.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
mjc0961 said:
You're trying way too hard to find a problem with it.
You don't even know that the elevator was in the same room as the place where you fought Wheatley. There wasn't an elevator in that room before, after all. It's rather likely that they took you to a different room that had an elevator and no giant hole in the ceiling.
Wicky_42 said:
When you awaken Glados, there is sky above her - I doubt she let that hole just sit there. Given the other random crap the facility makes, plates with corn already growing on them would be a triviality ;) Plus, of course, you have no idea where the various rooms are, what route the lift takes, or anything else for that matter.

Kinda pedantic to call that 'incompatible', lol.
Ehem, its a 'How will Yahtzee review it' thread, I found it minorly annoying (The same way I find the Nanobot explaination annoying, as you can use nanotech as all purpose problem filler material.), but I imagine Y is going to pick up on it, because I did and don't except any fan-based argument or explaination as sufficient. Not to be insulting, its just that Valve almost never make those sorts of basic mistakes in their games.

edit: That said, if it had just been a wasteland or even just dirt, I wouldn't have even flagged it as off. Its that fucking whea....hmm. Maybe that's the point. lol.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
i dont know, if he does i really can't see anything that he could slam it for...after all he couldn't think of any criticism for the first one.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
i dont know, if he does i really can't see anything that he could slam it for...after all he couldn't think of any criticism for the first one.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010