How "with it" are you?

dragonsshunter

Dec 22, 2011
I have a facebook and never use the damn thing and usually go out of my way to avoid using it at all cost. i do have a twitter that i use but other than that its usually just long distance friends i talk to through that.

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
I have a facebook that I use to promote my blog and chat with old friends in Canada. That's it. I dislike twitter, and I'm not really a big fan of facebook either.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
omega 616 said:
It seems these days if you aren't connected to twitter and/or facebook constantly with your Irange you might as well be a caveman figuring out fire hurts.

Are you easily able to connect your fridge to the net to order food as you take it out or are you like me and still can't connect an Ipod to Wifi?

Are you still using wires like an 80 year old or if there is so much as a charging cable in sight you flip out?
I got a skype account and speak with my friends regularly. That's pretty much it, and I enjoy every moment of our delightful free conversations.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I have a Facebook, I hate it and hardly use it. If people want to talk to me, they can call me or come over. Fuck modern technology right in its cutting edge.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Skype and my phone is enough, i don't need everyone knowing what i do 24/7 and i'm not that interested in what my friends do either, leaves something to talk about when we meet.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Oh I thought this would be how 'down with the kids are you' , to which I was going to reply, I wear tweed.

But in terms of technology Im good, in fact I'm a pro. A super pro. Sometimes.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011

I'm probably not very 'with it' but judging by most people that are, I don't want to be.
I'm not on social networking sites at all these days.

KillKill

Sep 6, 2011
omega 616 said:
It seems these days if you aren't connected to twitter and/or facebook constantly with your Irange you might as well be a caveman figuring out fire hurts.

Are you easily able to connect your fridge to the net to order food as you take it out or are you like me and still can't connect an Ipod to Wifi?

Are you still using wires like an 80 year old or if there is so much as a charging cable in sight you flip out?
You can connect Ipods to wifi?

... I guess that answers the question doesn't it

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Battleaxx90 said:
I know my way around technology, but I don't have a Twitter and I never use my Facebook. Don't get me wrong, if I wanted to, I COULD figure them out and use 'em, but personally, I don't wanna. Why? I'unno. Too lazy, I guess.

Also, this thread's asking us if we're "with it". I can't believe nobody's done this joke yet, but here goes...

...yeah, that was the best quality one I could find. Deal with it.
Simpsons clips are hard to find...unlike Better Off Ted [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIwd40pg1xQ] clips.
RandallJohn said:
Seems I'm in the minority. I've got a G+, a facebook and a Twitter, and am rather active on all of em'.
...What is a G+?

As I said before, I do find Twitter useful. I used to dismiss it, but then I got interested in following developers and community organizations.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I use facebook. My phone is shite and my iPod is a 160gb classic. That's about it. Facebook is just useful, if I ever make anything interesting of myself (I won't) I'll make a twitter account. Just so everyone can hear about me complaining about everything I come across.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
babinro said:
I'm completely out of it.

I've yet to use a cell phone in my life. I don't know how to post an avatar on this site, a video, an image, or do that hidden text thing.
For avatars just find a small picture then click where it says "HELLO" on the home page (near the upper right corner), click change avatar in the profile options copy and paste the URL in the the correct space and click update, should be done after that.

For videos get the url, such as this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwRPubCMzI" erase everything before the = so you are left with "7QwRPubCMzI".

The type and put 7QwRPubCMzI after the = ... so you are left with [ youtube = 7QwRPubCMzI ] but with no spaces.

For images put [ img ] [ /img ] either side of the picture URL but don't put spaces.

For spoilers just do the same as images, [ spoiler = stuff] [ /spoiler]. take out all the spaces, except the one after the = and you get a spoiler box with stuff as the title.

If there is any doubt, quote me and you will see how to put it together.

[spoiler = demo]
video

Picture
[/spoiler]

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
I just got into facebook a few months ago, and i just got my first phone one week ago. And i must say, they are very useful!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I use a wired mouse/keyboard but that,s to personal preference (I did use wireless KB/mouse)
I have a twitter/FB account but don't use them and generally hate the obsession over social media.
I hate people that start stuff like "join this group and stop child abuse/war/the new twilight movies"
I do own a smart phone but I use it more to surf then to access social media.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
omega 616 said:
babinro said:
I'm completely out of it.

I've yet to use a cell phone in my life. I don't know how to post an avatar on this site, a video, an image, or do that hidden text thing.
For avatars just find a small picture then click where it says "HELLO" on the home page (near the upper right corner), click change avatar in the profile options copy and paste the URL in the the correct space and click update, should be done after that.

For videos get the url, such as this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwRPubCMzI" erase everything before the = so you are left with "7QwRPubCMzI".

The type and put 7QwRPubCMzI after the = ... so you are left with [ youtube = 7QwRPubCMzI ] but with no spaces.

For images put [ img ] [ /img ] either side of the picture URL but don't put spaces.

For spoilers just do the same as images, [ spoiler = stuff] [ /spoiler]. take out all the spaces, except the one after the = and you get a spoiler box with stuff as the title.

If there is any doubt, quote me and you will see how to put it together.

[spoiler = demo]
video

Picture
[/spoiler]

Thanks for the Tutorial Omega 616!
I'm now slightly more 'with it'...man I feel old saying that.]

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
smearyllama said:
I have a facebook page that I use more than I'd like to admit (It's just SO HANDY!), and I have a phone that I don't use a whole lot. Though I do have a fancy bag that charges my devices (phone, iPod, handheld games) so I think I'm fairly with it. I am not, however, getting things for the sake of getting them. The bag is actually far more convenient than carrying around a ton of chargers with me.
Wait, what? What mysterious sorcery is this, and where can I get one?

Aside from the lack of this awesome sounding device, I'm generally technologically adept. Also, I make great use of facebook. I have enough friends physically distant enough from me to render it useful for keeping in touch.

That seems to fulfil the definition of 'with it', so I guess I am

Apr 28, 2008
I use twitter to talk to friends and follow people that seem interesting to me.

That's about it, really. Don't own a smartphone (or a phone at all), don't use facebook, and don't have an iPod (fuck Apple).

Personally, I'm still in the "holy shit, I'm talking to people who are on the other side of the fucking world by sending and receiving radio waves or whatever through outer-fucking-space."

I would not be surprised if all this technology was really just magic and all scientists are really wizards.