How would Death Matches (Like Madworld) get on TV? And if you could make one, what would it be like?

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Fniff said:
theSovietConnection said:
Fniff said:
Well, first I'd need a satellite armed with nukes aimed at the US, Britain, Russia, and China. There is one computer at the top of a tower that will disarm one satellite. Have fun.
With people from China, US, Britian and Russia!

Who are pacifists!
And the tower will have a crazy, drugged out homeless man with a machete. Hmm, this is starting to shape up nicely...

*runs to find tower and satellites*
Don't worry, I have five of both those things. Got it off a James Bond villains garage sale. Also, I'll look under me local bridge.
Okay, all we need now then is a computer and the pacifists. Hmm... I'll be back.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Macksheath said:
Mines would have Chavs verses Religious Fanatics.

All are then forced to disarm a bomb. I call it Countdown. Literally.
No! Even better! We will put a group that everyone hates now into a building with no possible exit, to disarm a bomb at the top....And they are all the way down in the basement. And the elevators don't work.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Jaranja said:
20 midgets in a HUGE house (no really, Massive). All armed with a ladle. The last one alive gets a million.

I'd called it... I don't know. Suggestions please.
The Ladle Cradle

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Fniff said:
Fniff said:
Well, first I'd need a satellite armed with nukes aimed at the US, Britain, Russia, and China. There is one computer at the top of a tower that will disarm one satellite. Have fun.
With people from China, US, Britian and Russia!

Who are pacifists!
And the tower will have a crazy, drugged out homeless man with a machete. Hmm, this is starting to shape up nicely...

*runs to find tower and satellites*
Don't worry, I have five of both those things. Got it off a James Bond villains garage sale. Also, I'll look under me local bridge.
Okay, all we need now then is a computer and the pacifists. Hmm... I'll be back.
Dude! I have a mac, and we can go to a secondary school!

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Macksheath said:
Fniff said:
Macksheath said:
Mines would have Chavs verses Religious Fanatics.

All are then forced to disarm a bomb. I call it Countdown. Literally.
No! Even better! We will put a group that everyone hates now into a building with no possible exit, to disarm a bomb at the top....And they are all the way down in the basement. And the elevators don't work.
And the stairs are broke. And they have only a greased rope to get them up.

Change the name, lets call it Boom and Doom.
Yeah.

But then, reveal a secret passage that brings them too... Another bomb, which they cannot disarm. And we close the doors on the passage. And leave.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
My idea for a Death Match type show would be to take about 20-30 death row inmates, dump them on a deserted island rigged up with hidden cameras all over the place and give them all chainsaws and other melee weapons. Last one left standing gets a go free with a clean record.
As for what to call it? I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
My idea for a Death Match type show would be to take about 20-30 death row inmates, dump them on a deserted island rigged up with hidden cameras all over the place and give them all chainsaws and other melee weapons. Last one left standing gets a go free with a clean record.
As for what to call it? I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.
Super Death Row
24 Hours Later (If the death match lasts a day. Can be shifted)
Deadly Intuitions

That's all.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Well, taking the "gaming deathmatches" literally...
It would probably be a televised Halo, COD, or Gears of War tournament, complete with commentary and judges (don't know why they would need judges, but that wouldn't stop them from being there).

Don't know what the show would be called, but it would require gaming to become completely mainstream... oh wait...

Alternatively, you could have a blooper reel show of the funniest game deaths in any play-mode for any game. Still don't know what it would be called though...

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
everyone would get a steel mideival weapon and a motorcycle coated with combustible liquids and made of flint. I would assume that would make the fights a lot more interesting if anything else.

Coaxill

Dec 22, 2009
If this counts, I would have a large arena with several obstacles that was hard to navigate. In the center there would be a trigger that would kill all the contestants except for the one that used it. Let the games begin!

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Coaxill said:
If this counts, I would have a large arena with several obstacles that was hard to navigate. In the center there would be a trigger that would kill all the contestants except for the one that used it. Let the games begin!
What if they don't want to press it?

JohnnySex

Dec 31, 2009
A big maze with traps everywhere and weapons hidden on the other side of deadly obstacles. Throw about 100 people in (maze is fucking massive). Whoever survives gets 1,000,000 bucks or somethin. Traps would include acid, fire, spike pits, holes full of snakes, etc. Weapons would be anything from knives to sticks to guns.

Coaxill

Dec 22, 2009
There would be a master timer that went off at an hour. The show has to fit into the daily programming anyway so why not?

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
Mine would be like the mansion quest for the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion, except they're all out to kill eachother. But but but, that isn't the best part. They wouldn't want to kill eachother because of pay, they want to kill them because I've persuaded them to believe that the other mansion members are conspiring against you, kind of like who snaps first.

Starts with a house of 10. Last man standing is considered the "Alpha Dog" and given special priveledges. But they don't win their freedom, another 10 are thrown in with him, this round they'd be told that he is conspiring all their deaths and they must work together to defeat him with his special "Priveledges"(weaponry and such). However, I would inform them that there is a mole in their midst.

God, my ideas for each new round go on and on.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
McCa said:
Jaranja said:
20 midgets in a HUGE house (no really, Massive). All armed with a ladle. The last one alive gets a million.

I'd called it... I don't know. Suggestions please.
The Ladle Cradle
LOVE IT! what do you think of the idea?

mattman106

Aug 19, 2009
Mine would be death row inmates fighting to the death in an old industrial compound and the can use any melee weapon they can find in there. The survivor gets taken off of deathrow and lives in relative luxury, obviously still incarcerated though.