How would you describe your life and yourself up till now?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Mostly happy. Disappointments and embarrassments to haunt me a lifetime, but I'm the happiest I've ever been.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
A complete mess. Just managed to move away from an abusive environment lived in for too many years, no self esteem left, no passion left, no trust, can't feel happiness from anything without trying to brute force it with drugs and booze with varying results. Had ambitions to help others but can't be around people so good of a long late. Feel dead.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
A complete mess. Just managed to move away from an abusive environment lived in for too many years, no self esteem left, no passion left, no trust, can't feel happiness from anything without trying to brute force it with drugs and booze with varying results. Had ambitions to help others but can't be around people so good of a long late. Feel dead.
You just need to eat someone so you can feel inspired to write a new song.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
A long story that doesn't go anywhere.
I'm hoping for some form of punchline at the end.

Reactions: gorfias

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Just feel tired of people not taking responsibility for things they said or did

That includes myself

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Utterly mundane and dull. And it can stay that way.
Chinese curse... "May you live in interesting times".
I keep telling my wife that bored is better than scared and she gets annoyed with me.
When I think about doing it all over again with my knowledge as I have it today, I think, "no thanks. I worked hard to get here and I'm not going to do it again!.
My life has been an exercise in the statement, "Life is what happens to you while you have other plans." I am no where in my life that I headed out for or intended. But I'm not hungry. I like my house and stuff. My kids are doing good though the boy got his own place at 25 and is now riding a Harley which scares the heck out of me. I hope my daughter, who now has her own place at only 22, finds a good partner to marry and give me grand kids. So, I'm kinda like the guy that jumped off a 100 floor building and can be heard at the 30th floor saying, "so far so good."

Getting out of an abusive environment takes courage. Leaving even an abusive environment can be very difficult if you've gotten used to it. The devil you know. It sounds like an important step to get your life somewhere better. I'm glad you made this step and hope it leads you to better things.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Actually that's from a Steve McQueen monologue in The Magnificent Seven (at least as far back as the movie anyway).
I'd forgotten this! Been lifted a bit since... I first recall it in reference to a political initiative the writer was critiquing.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
A never ending work in progress.
I feel like a better person than I was last year, if only because I've become less willing to light myself on fire for others.

Been in a bit of a creative depression for a long time, slowly working my way out of it, with the right people at my side and some strategic changes in environment.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren