How would you feel if you got robbed?

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
Well seeing as I've been around I might as well take a stab at making a topic.
Like the title, how would you feel if you got robbed?
I bring this up, because I got home today, my hosue a wreck. Missing most of my game cases(empty) two consoles, and two laptops. That was around two thousand dollars worth of stuff stoeln from my family but I really don't feel that terrible. It sucks yeah, but for some reason I don't feel like it's something major. Maybe my opinion on it turn up again by chance, cause I (rarely) feel optomistic, but right now I kinda do. The xbox had writing on it that won't come off, "I loved you". So I feel as if it's likely. And I'm rambling so I'll just reiterate what I want to ask.
How would you feel, if you got robbed?
**did a minor edit. i feel dummy now**

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I've been robbed (as in my house, I wasn't around both times but I supposed that'd be a mugging and not a robbery) a few times when I was a wee lad.

There is virtually nothing in the world that pisses me off more than a thief. I don't feel violated like some have said but I feel very pissed off. However, my parents were TERRIBLE about locking the doors and that is something that I do religiously. While I may someday be robbed again, I do what I can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
What are they gonna steal? I mean I've got a TV, Xbox, and computer....but that's about it. If they want my shitty furniture, go ahead, take it all

I'd probably be pissed, but not much I can do about it after the fact

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Probably depends on what's been stolen. If they steal my computer, I'll be pissed, if they steal my guns I'll be absolutely livid, if they steal my TV then that's just an excuse to upgrade, though I'll still be rather pissed.

Worst thing would be if they steal legal documents, like my passport or birth certificate just because of how much of a pain in the ass it is to get documents like that reissued.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
My dad's place was robbed twice and damn near a third time, all in the same week, if you can believe that. He and his girlfriend were bound and gagged at gunpoint, and he took a beating from the robbers while they were at it. My mom was robbed at gunpoint as well, in the middle of the woods, while snapping some pictures and collecting plant samples. My sister was mugged at her own doorstep, of all fucking places. I myself have been mugged two times. The first time I took a punch to the face, whereupon the crystal of my glasses was embedded on the bridge of my nose. The second time I was knocked down on a gutter, my hand was crushed and I took a single solitary kick to the face, for laughs. A third time got averted when some blokes happened to walk by and scared the thief, though I spent a good 5 minutes wrestling at arm's length, trying to get the taxis that were driving by to hit him.

So to answer your question, I don't give a fuck what these people steal, so long as there's no violence involved. I say congratulations on a nice, clean, First World robbery.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I guess it would depend on what it was that was stolen. If it was something expensive like my computer, or something rare/hard to get like some of the music CDs I own, then I'd imagine myself to be quite ragey. If it was just a video game or some food though, eh, whatever.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Ill be angry if they took my wallet. Not because of the money it in, but because of the work you will have to do afterwards canceling your credit cards, getting a new license, and all of the other paperwork you go through.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Well, I'm not one to overreact or anything, but let's just say there'd be some Liam Neeson-style man hunting going on, let me tell ya.

But seriously, I'd be mad as hell. Thievery/burglary/robbery just enrage me. I might as well throw piracy on there as well. Scumbags who don't deserve jack shit take whatever they please from people just because they 'can'.

If you want something, earn it.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I'd be pretty damn pissed. While I've never been robbed, years ago when we were moving into our newly built house some people broke in and trashed the place. Made a bunch of holes in the walls, threw paint everywhere, cracked our tile floors. So it really just delayed us moving in while we waited to get all of the damage repaired.

I was probably 9 or 10 but I have never felt so violated in my life. I can imagine actually being robbed would feel somewhat the same. Items can be replaced, but that some random stranger was in your home and rummaging through your stuff and then taking it... that's just low man.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I've been mugged at knife point, but not robbed as in had my apartment broken into.

The mugging was terrifying though... The police did get them in the end though, about a week later when they tried it on an off duty policeman.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Somebody broke into my apartment once. Fortunately, at the time I had nothing of value. They put the microwave in my suitcase and rolled away with it.

It sucked, but I can't say I was that upset. We had a sturdier door installed. That was about it.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I grew up and live in privileged neighborhood in a city that is consistently ranked in top 5 safest city in nation. (Sorry, rubbing it in is not my intention)

So yeah, my neighborhood is pretty expensive to live in. If there is a break in, yeah I'd be pissed. But not for the reason you might think.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Depends.
If it was a home invasion while I was away, I'd certainly feel sad, angry, frustrated. Then later most likely paranoid.

If I was mugged and only had possessions taken from me, I'd be thankful to be alive.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
Had my X-Men cards stolen by my room mates boyfriend. Of course they decided to steal them after we had already put in our 30 days notice. Left my house for a couple of days to go visit a friend in the next town over. Do remember coming home to an empty apartment. Eventually I decided that I should probably buy some furniture because most of the stuff in the house was hers. Remember going into my room to play some videogames. Had noticed that my closet was open. Of course the first thing that I noticed that was missing was my cards. Left my room in a rage. Didn't just lose a piece of my childhood, but I lost around 500 bucks. Eventually I got an estimate on how much the cards were worth, it was that. Remember that my piece of shit female room mate had told me where he lived a awhile ago. Had probably forgotten about it because it was a year and a half ago. Of course they both drove the same vehicle. Looked around for a red truck with a certain distict bumper sticker. Do remember driving around in the area she had told me about at around 3:00 in the morning. Eventually I saw it, with some chairs in front of the house that I recognized. Remember slashing the tires. Had taken her chairs and put them in my car. Of course I thought her and his windshield would look better with a huge crack in it.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
If I was actively robbed, I'd probably get really aggro with the guy weather he has a gun or not. Just the audacity of the idea they'd be picking me like I'm an easy mark. Probably get myself killed, but maybe I'd get lucky and break the dudes neck. I don't know. I've thought about this before and I'm certain my response is either I'm going to try to kill my robber or run away like a pussy. There isn't a remote chance I comply really. Someone pulls a gun on me, I'm either reaching for it or I'm running away cause I'm not going to assume for minute that they aren't going to kill me just because I give them my wallet.

if my house got broken into.... probably would have a harder time sleeping until I got some protection and new locks. Probably be less annoyed too, I'd probably have insurance.

Ratties said:
Had my X-Men cards stolen by my room mates boyfriend. Of course they decided to steal them after we had already put in our 30 days notice. Left my house for a couple of days to go visit a friend in the next town over. Do remember coming home to an empty apartment. Eventually I decided that I should probably buy some furniture because most of the stuff in the house was hers. Remember going into my room to play some videogames. Had noticed that my closet was open. Of course the first thing that I noticed that was missing was my cards. Left my room in a rage. Didn't just lose a piece of my childhood, but I lost around 500 bucks. Eventually I got an estimate on how much the cards were worth, it was that. Remember that my piece of shit female room mate had told me where he lived a awhile ago. Had probably forgotten about it because it was a year and a half ago. Of course they both drove the same vehicle. Looked around for a red truck with a certain distict bumper sticker. Do remember driving around in the area she had told me about at around 3:00 in the morning. Eventually I saw it, with some chairs in front of the house that I recognized. Remember slashing the tires. Had taken her chairs and put them in my car. Of course I thought her and his windshield would look better with a huge crack in it.
I read your post in the voice of Watchmen's Roarshach. It makes me smile.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
The only time I've ever had anything of value stolen was the first month of high school.
Somebody managed to get in my locker and take my wallet. Had my identification, a twenty and the sod even managed to find my horrendously outdated cellphone in my lunchbag. I found this out at lunch when I couldn't find my stuff and couldn't eat; I felt sick. My heart was beating intensely, my blood turned to lava...I felt violated and helpless. If I had seen the person, I think there's a fair chance that they could have been dead that day. I wouldn't have cared too much if they had bothered leaving the wallet (it had a cool design), ID and my phone (which was still on some sort of plan at the time, had to cancel that and finally upgrade). It's the idea of it all that pissed me off and pisses me off to this day.

Needless to say, I'm quite fond of the idea of physically dismantling the next prick who tries such a thing.
I want them to hear their fingers snap. One by one. And if you're out there, locker thief...
It's been some number of years, but I'll make you remember! I carry one hell of a grudge, mate.
Just gotta convince the police to get your prints from the lock if they haven't gone away.

So yeah, I'd say kind of angry.
Not so much for the materialism, but because it was the first time it had happened to me and one of the first few times that I felt so utterly ravaged. I recall the day clear as crystal and having to tell my parents that I had stuff taken from me at a time where my family couldn't afford for that to happen. Probably affected me on some psychological level as well, because I can only think of two/three other circumstances (both hypothetical and far more extreme than petty theft) that will make me feel that angry. Fortunately, I've never been mugged but I'm an intimidating fellow that is both stubborn/stupid when it comes to this. The only thing that I'll willingly give in those situations is pain. It, one day, may just prove to be the death of me.

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
depends. if it's my wallet and or money then murder mode would activate.

the reason for this is that i'm dirt poor and need all the money i can get for food. i'm serous if you steal more than 20 dollars from me that could go to feeding me and my little bro don't expect to come out of it pretty if i'm able to get ahold of you.

and if they steal my wallet they're stealing my id card and i 100 percent need that fuckin shit to leave the city so fuck no.

however if it was just a guest i happen to let over to my aparment who steals anything but money then eh, whatever. they could even steal my copy of metal gear solid HD collection and i'd be ok with it for the most part (i would never let them over to my home again and we wouldn't be friends anymore but still)

i should really invest in a throw away wallet seeing how much i'd hate to lose it. my current one is nice too and i don't want to lose that.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Someone tried to mug me once, but I was drunk and kicked him down in reflex.
it was only then that I saw the gun and legged it like a little girl before he could collect himself.

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
Like many others I would be pissed off especially due to only just having this computer a few months. I was attacked once but I only had a pound coin so nothing much.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Poor. I would feel poor.

Annoyed I guess, but I don't keep much sentimental stuff, and any I do keep isn't valuable, so I doubt it would get taken, so not that bad.