How would you hold up in a fight?

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
I don't really fight, I'm pretty diplomatic, but I practised kung-fu for just under 5 years so I know how to fight, and fight well, I do prefer not too though and I've never thrown the first punch.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
In a fight huh? With someone my size? Im guessing size means weight also or at least just weight and close to my height.....Id do fantasticly. Wrestling for 4 years I keep calm under anything as of now, and martial arts for a good...shit im bad at math from 4th grade till 12th grade. My only problem would be going blow for blow against someone. I dont like punching very much...GOOD THING MOST FIGHTS END UP ON THE GROUND unless someone runs.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
I'd hold up pretty good. Not because I know fighting techniques or anything, but because I've got the size advantage. I'm a pretty tall guy with some added muscle power while also being a tiny bit on the chubby side.

It's for padding, okay?!

Snorlax use body slam, it's super effective!

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
Black belt here. I've been doing Rhee Taekwondo for about 7 years and I really know how to handle myself in a fight.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Ive never trained in a martial art (apart from fencing, not sure it counts) but from experiance i hold up quite well, mainly because im quite tall and quite strong, i have a few friends who do martial arts and are really good at them, but i can still take them in a fight because they favour style over brute force. i mean im in no way guaranteed to win a fight, the few ive been in are usually ties or get broken up by friends, and im not really very aggressive anyway, but yer, i can hold up ok, but by no means fantastically

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
As the Old Motto goes: "If you want Peace, Prepare for War".

May I reccomend finding an Instructor who teahces can apply it well in the real world and real experiences. I have a Wing-Chun Kung Fu instructor who used to participate in Illegal Romanian Gypsy Fight Clubs.

You need the stories to get you motivated to use in the real world.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Back when I was younger and less confident, it would be a case of getting my ass kicked every time without fighting back. Then, just before I left school, the kid who was constantly picking on me over the last year just walked up in the middle of class and punched me in the face. Hit me just on the lower left side of my jaw. I just stood there and took it and when I realised "Hey, they didn't really hurt... is that really all he has?" that my confidence skyrocketed. I still didn't fight back that time, but nowadays if anyone tries anything I stand up for myself.

I'd still probably get my ass kicked, but at least I'd swing a few punches and kicks before then.

Also, I now learned that in a fight, nothing is too sacred. I don't care if it's taboo for a guy to kick another guy in the groin. If it keeps me on my feet when they fall, I'll do it. I fight dirty and don't give a damn.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Grabbin Keelz said:
So first question: how well (or at least how well do you think) could you take on somebody that's roughly your size? Tell us a story if you feel like it.
I've got a good track record. I've taken on four guys, two of which were bigger than me and I was the one who was chasing them down the street calling them cowards after.

That took me about a week to look vaguely normal again after though, but I won!

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I'm not very strong so that's why some cowards who are bigger always pick a fight with me, but I am very fast and my speed has won me a few fights against these dicks. Though, I have also lost fights, but however big they are I never run away, even if I know i'll get my arse kicked.

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
I live in the ghetto of rich, nonviolent, white people. So I don't think I would do too well.

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
My friends and I do these 'jab the other in the side first' duels, and they can get pretty serious without going into punching and such. Anyway being 160 lbs and generally faster than most people helps a lot so long as you don't get hit, but I haven't been in a real fight since high school with my brother, and we just beat the shit out of each other for a minute before stopping. :p

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Hm. I weigh under 9 stone and I'm built like the Slender Man, so I would probably fly into the nearest wall if somebody punched me. I'm not exactly weak, though, and I do know some blocks and throws.
Then again, I can see myself really hurting somebody out of sheer suicidal tenacity if they did something untoward to somebody I loved. Or vocally denied the Holocaust.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
In a straight up fight, pretty well. From experience you either put them down quickly if it's serious, or if it's just some drunk you put in one or two hits to bring them to their senses, then let them get out of it.

That said, I live in a major city centre near projects, so people looking for trouble move in groups and there's bound to be knives floating around, don't fancy my chances there.

Marcilla

May 3, 2011
If theres anything ive learned in life its that I hold up very badly in a fight,
if its a matter of self protection that is.
As long as their not trying to kill me I don't really care, pain fades, wounds heal.
If someone tried to hurt a loved one though that would be a whole other story.