How WW3 is going to happen

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
I'm not sure if this should go into here or R&P. If some mod thinks this is more a R&P discussion then I'm happy to have it moved.

[hr]

So I've been thinking about how WW3 is most likely to happen, I've given it a lot of thought and come up with what experts[footnote]Experts here referring to me, obviously.[/footnote] believe is the most likely way WW3 will start and most likely how it will go. [timer=06/06/2024 11:36 AM GMT]

First up, I've done some maps to show why exactly the war will happen. Note: You can right click and select view image to see the maps bigger.
[hr]
Here we can see in red all the countries that can be considered communists. Some people may be wondering why Syria is in red here, but thats just because Syria can be considered a part of Russia for all purposes of this war.

So what we know about communists is that they want the whole world to become communist in a workers revolution that will last a thousand years. This is already a problem for world piece as the filthy commies will stop at nothing to force this revolution on everyone.
[hr]
Next up we have the capitalist countries in blue.

Capitalists will do anything for money, this is a fact, and this includes pointless wars to inflate their already over inflated military spending. Capitalists have no thought of the long term, only chasing after what will make them money now and live by what they call 'Rules of Acquisition'. Unfortunately for world piece rule 34 is 'War is good for business'.

The capitalist overlords do not care if they go to war as they know it will be their wage slaves that do all the dying whilst they just see higher profits.
[hr]
Speaking of profits, next we come to the Islamic countries in green. You can see with this map that Saudi Arabia has switched from blue to green, this is because whilst they are very money driven they also are one of the world leaders in crazy religious rules.

Islamic countries are basically like commies, they both want to see their religion fill the world. They have also set up so called 'no go zones' in many European countries such as the UK and Sweden.
[hr]
We can see now that these three factions are all filled in that at the start the communists and the Muslims both have an advantage over the capitalists as they are mostly clumped together for warmth and mutual protection whilst the capitalists are spread all over the world and isolated from each other.

[hr]

So, do you agree with the set up so far[footnote]I know you all agree with it, I'm just asking to be polite[/footnote]? Do you have predictions about how it is going to go[footnote]I know none of you are experts like me, but it could be fun to see how none-experts think it will go[/footnote]?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Wintermute said:
Can you redo these maps for those of us who believe the earth is flat? Thanks.
What are you talking about, those maps show that already.

And also that the earth is a rectangle, for those who believe we actually live on a really giant sheet of paper.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Wintermute said:
[HEADING=3]FOOL![/HEADING]

The Earth is capsule shaped!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Chimpzy said:
Wintermute said:
What are you talking about, those maps show that already.

And also that the earth is a rectangle, for those who believe we actually live on a really giant sheet of paper.
We should just all move to Greenland, that place is huge.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh, well if a Herald of Nurgle says that's how it's going to happen...

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Everyone knows that the bad guys in World War III will be Russia (Of the modern capitalist variety) the red American states that don't split off to form a superior nation, and England. So basically Russia and its' puppets.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
As a cartography major, those maps are shit, but at least you appear to be using the Robinson projection rather than Mercator. 4/10, star sticker for trying.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I don't see a WW3 happening like a clash of ideologies like WW2 or the Cold War but more as the result of a fairly insignificant catalyst that ignites the friction between an emerging and declining superpower. More like the militaristic Germany invoking the ire of France and Britain before escalating into full blown conflict over a minority Serb killing the duke of Austria Hungary.

I think the world is still too divided and the stakes are too high for any direct military confrontation. Say, with Assad in Syria protected by the Russian military it would be easy to foresee a direct confrontation between U.S. and Russia outside their proxy forces but yet this never happened. The U.S. even informed Russia about their strike(which was just pounding dust anyway). Even before that when Turkish air defence shot down a Russian fighter it didn't stood in the way of mutual interest between Ankara and Moscow. Or the tarnished influence of the U.S. in the Pacific with the emergence of China. It's something the U.S. is obviously not happy with but a pitter pill they have to swallow regardless. Still, Chinese military exercises or their relation with Taiwan can easily put them in direct confrontation with the U.S. Which brings me to the most important point..

We live in an era of such mutual dependency that no country can allow to live like a pariah. I mean, even North Korea is starting to realize this. On top of that, nuclear weapons continue to deter superpowers from directly engaging one another. However, with instability plaguing most of the world and a rapid shift in the global balance of power it is not difficult to foresee that this friction will continue to spawn proxy conflicts like those in Syria or Jemen which happens more often and with higher stakes. From this point it's not difficult to foresee things can easily escalate even if it's just by accident. A lot of these conflicts though, they are like playing with fire above a hissing gas canister.

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
The Command and Conquer series has taught me that WW3 is going to be caused by time travel, shooting Hitler and the Soviet Union deploying mind control powers.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Marik2 said:
The toxicity of the Wild West is spreading,!
Well at least its not anime tits, threats, memes or just 'fag' over and over. Vaguely interesting threads have always been okay, and its good to see all the people jonesing for the Wild West are responding to treatment.

Keep it up guys!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Here you go, Bobby.

Don't nobody say the 'Wok don't do his buddies no favors.

(And no, I'm not going back and adding the green bit to the UK or the red bit to Japan or making France's overseas department blue, finding data with which to break down those countries into smaller units might take as much time as what I spent on the rest of the map and I have other stuff to do today.)

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
SupahEwok said:
Here you go, Bobby.

Don't nobody say the 'Wok don't do his buddies no favors.

(And no, I'm not going back and adding the green bit to the UK or the red bit to Japan or making France's overseas department blue, finding data with which to break down those countries into smaller units might take as much time as what I spent on the rest of the map and I have other stuff to do today.)
I like how it shows its source is the US National Park Service. Finally my crazy theories have a semi-legitimate backer. Now they'll have to take me seriously.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009

So WW3 will be started as all world wars start, in Europe, more specifically here in this pink country. This will happen after the UK has left the EU and communist France has spent all its money on paying off striking train drivers, leaving Germany paying for the entirety of the European continuant. Because of this shortage of funds they will have to invade the nearby rich countries.

The first invasion will be through the Netherlands into the south of England to bring the UK[footnote]Who was now the richest country in the world following the trade deals it was able to set up due to Brexit[/footnote] back into the EU, followed shortly by a rush into Switzerland to reclaim their lost Nazi Gold.

Unfortunately for them the Swiss proved to be too tough for the Germans due to a high number of Swiss having guns. This forced the Germans to pull their forces back to the south of Germany to defend against a winter assault by the Swiss.

The UK was finally able to mobilise its forces and set to cross over into Germany, but by this point it was mostly mopping up and Germany was now under Swiss occupation.

[hr]

But now war seems over. That could hardly be considered a world war.

Later I will reveal how such a minor event in Europe could have such devastating effects on the rest of the world and how it will all play out.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"Here we can see in red all the countries that can be considered communists."

*Red-marks France and Ireland*

Call of Duty: Ghosts had a more believable enemy-faction scenario.

"Next up we have the capitalist countries in blue"

*Leaves almost all Latin-America blank*

Oh, God! I can't take it! This map is so bad that I can't stop laughing! If Activision didn't had decided to stop putting campaigns in Call of Duty, I'd had suggested them to hire you.

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
stroopwafel said:
I don't see a WW3 happening like a clash of ideologies like WW2 or the Cold War but more as the result of a fairly insignificant catalyst that ignites the friction between an emerging and declining superpower. More like the militaristic Germany invoking the ire of France and Britain before escalating into full blown conflict over a minority Serb killing the duke of Austria Hungary.

I think the world is still too divided and the stakes are too high for any direct military confrontation. Say, with Assad in Syria protected by the Russian military it would be easy to foresee a direct confrontation between U.S. and Russia outside their proxy forces but yet this never happened. The U.S. even informed Russia about their strike(which was just pounding dust anyway). Even before that when Turkish air defence shot down a Russian fighter it didn't stood in the way of mutual interest between Ankara and Moscow. Or the tarnished influence of the U.S. in the Pacific with the emergence of China. It's something the U.S. is obviously not happy with but a pitter pill they have to swallow regardless. Still, Chinese military exercises or their relation with Taiwan can easily put them in direct confrontation with the U.S. Which brings me to the most important point..

We live in an era of such mutual dependency that no country can allow to live like a pariah. I mean, even North Korea is starting to realize this. On top of that, nuclear weapons continue to deter superpowers from directly engaging one another. However, with instability plaguing most of the world and a rapid shift in the global balance of power it is not difficult to foresee that this friction will continue to spawn proxy conflicts like those in Syria or Jemen which happens more often and with higher stakes. From this point it's not difficult to foresee things can easily escalate even if it's just by accident. A lot of these conflicts though, they are like playing with fire above a hissing gas canister.
If I were to add anything, the analyses at http://gt2030.com/[footnote]I know it's an old blog, doesn't stop it from being well researched, overall relevant and for the most part being proven right by the current events.[/footnote] have me convinced the somewhat offhandedly mentioned rise of China is likely going to pose a Thucidydes' Problem [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_T._Allison#Thucydides_Trap] for US, potentially resulting in a nuclear war, especially since I consider Trump's election to be a visible sign of a political shift to the hawkish right in US politics and a stark reminder that even a country widely (if not necessarily justifiably)[footnote]While I recall reading on research that campaign donations, in general, do not affect the benefiting politician's policies, it's also hard to argue, that they allow the financial elites to push candidates, whose policies they already approve of - a good example would be NRA, itself mostly sponsored by firearms manufacturers, supporting "second amendment-friendly" (this is, as far as I know, factually wrong, but that's the current political language) politicians. This, coupled with exceptionally long and flashy - and thus expensive and influential - campaigns and, from what I hear, opaque and exploitable mechanics of super PAC donations appears to give undue influence to lobbyists while at the same time serving to marginalize "third" parties, subduing political pluralism, which by reducing the number of variables, creates a more controllable political environment, effectively making US more of a thinly veiled mix of plutocracy and modern aristocracy of the political elites. In this light, Trump's rise to power is hopeful, in a way, since it actually showcases the US public's opposition to the political elite and the status quo it represents and may be a sign, that the citizens are willing to push for a more democratic system in the long run. Goodness me, look at how I ended up ranting in the footnotes. Apologies to anyone who strained their eyes reading through all that.[/footnote] considered a stable democracy can elect an individual of questionable emotional stability and responsibility, who appears to try and undermine said democracy, into a position of power he is remarkably unqualified for.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
It was about time for Switzerland to assume the Germanic hegemony they've deserved all along.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
CaitSeith said:
"Here we can see in red all the countries that can be considered communists."

*Red-marks France and Ireland*

Call of Duty: Ghosts had a more believable enemy-faction scenario.

"Next up we have the capitalist countries in blue"

*Leaves almost all Latin-America blank*

Oh, God! I can't take it! This map is so bad that I can't stop laughing! If Activision didn't had decided to stop putting campaigns in Call of Duty, I'd had suggested them to hire you.
Latin-America isn't rich enough to fall into the capitalist category. I've only highlighted the major powers.