How you know you've been playing a game too much

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
a long time ago my ex girlfriends daughter (ages 6 at the time) who i used to let play my ps2 all the time was at a restaurant with me and she choked on a chip and when she spat it out she asked me did she lose some of her life needless to say the ps2 was put away for a while

I never ever use this term...... but that is totally adorable! Awwww schucks!

CraigJG

Jun 12, 2009
Newest one for me was guitar hero vision, played so much everything seemed to scroll down while my eyes focused for about a day. Playing left for dead left me with the need to shout 'pills here' everytime theres...... pills....here.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
my dog said quack said:
VanityGirl said:
lol.

i've been up for a long time studying for my college finals.. it'll get to your head.

i still hear the beeping.. i've been playing prototype too long without sleep.

ooh sounds like me "studying" for pre-ap chem...in other words, i played half life 1 and 2 for so long that I peeked around corners before i went into a room :/
lol.. well i used prototype as my "steady break" game. that 5 minute break i went to take ended up taking 5 hours.. >.<

I just swore I heard a sniper from Gears of War go off in my house.

0thello

Apr 2, 2009
I start talking to the TV and my girlfriend gently puts a sheet over me and walks puts me to bed. I swear down I end up looking like a senile old man "damn it... the locust... they just keep coming... or damn it... Rikku why did you betray me... or damn it Ryder, we were homies now I'm going to f***ing kill you*.

Panzer_God

Welcome to the League of Piccolo
Apr 29, 2009
Slash Dementia said:
When you're about to see someone get killed in a movie or any game, you feel like saying "Finish Him!"
It has this strange sensation to it and even to saying it... When I watch the replays in UFC I say it sometimes.
I do that too!!!!!! Also, I played Starcraft so much that whenever we drive a car I hear the tank's voice saying 'Roll Out'

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Whistling the music from a game while I'm walking down the street is usually the tipping point for me. Once that music's penetrated into the idle-thought part of my brain, it's burned in like a branding iron.

James Cassidy

Dec 4, 2008
I love prototype too. The game is awesome.

Anyway I do find myself confusing real life moments for a game. Such as when I hear a girl laugh, I keep thinking it is Alma from FEAR.

DeviousCrypto

Jun 6, 2009
Enemy Recon Plane! Oh god, make it stop.

Or during a game of rugby, yelling "F---ing outstanding Marines!"

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
RicoADF said:
Gyrefalcon said:
Usually eyestrain or blisters let me know I need to stop. ;) Also, when you see afterimages when you try to go to sleep of game pieces, it's time to give it a break.
Would still hearing hellmarch while thinking about how to crush the Allies in RA1 count (while lying in bed trying to sleep)? lol
Yer I played CnC alot when I was young, too much even lol
My poison of choice was Tetris. Although Master of Monsters and Ecco the Dolphin ate up looooots of my time, too! Some of my friends were huge fans of Command and Conquer. I think I may have even dreamed about Tetris pieces. Definitely needed to put down the controller for awhile after that.

Lady K

Apr 16, 2009
My game just flat out and told me. "Too Much Free Time" showed up on my screen after I clocked in 100 hours. Othertimes I see them when I close my eyes, and even once I dreamed I was playing Soul Calibur. With the weird guy from Twilight. Yeah........

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
I swear in any game, everytime i get a headshot I always hear that little "tink" noise from Call of Duty. Maybe it's just because that noise brings me a little joy inside.