How young were you when you started gaming?

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I'm pretty sure around 2 or 3, it was the SNES I think. Very early games... but kids, you know, everything seems fun when we were young.
Then we started building up standards.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Was about 4. Played a plethora of NES ripoff consoles then the PS1 came in my life.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
My first gaming experience came from my parents' MSX. I was introduced to this when I was 3 or 4. I don't remember exactly (duh). Haven't stopped since then.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
I was around the age of three when my dad let me play Starcraft for the first time.

So I'm going to say that was my first experience. Before that it was only little kids games like Book Worm Adventures.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I started when I was 3 as far as I can remember. I may have younger. I remember my first game being Sonic The Hedgehog on the Sega Master System.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
wombat_of_war said:
Abomination said:
Atari ST. It was 1989, I was 4.

Always been a "PC" gamer. I think I had a PSX and then a PS2 but never touched Nintendo or Microsoft hardware.
*glares* an atari st owner. you should of had a real gaming platform like an amiga ! do you remember the war between those two?

im with you on the rest though playstation 1 and 2 and never touched nitendo. too full of platformers for my liking

earliest for me would be playing on my cousins atari 2600 and the oldest one i actually owned was an amstrad cpc 464 with tape drive and a monitor that displayed things in shades of green. those were the days :D
I had no idea there was a war on. I was 4 and nearly wetting myself playing Hero's Quest. "House of brown sit down sit down" and OMG there is a scary witch /hideunderbed

I upgraded that computer to a beasty IBM 286, and a 486 not a year after.

I never had the greenscale monitors though, I was too rich for that.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Since I was about 6, possibly younger. The first real game I remember playing was Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on the first PS2 I had ever owned. I loved it, and I still do. Although, I have had to replace the PS2 twice since then, due to internal parts breaking, I still have a functional PS2 and I am still getting more and more games for it.

Dr. Mongo

Oct 31, 2011
Does "Pong" count? Then I must have been about 10 years old when I started.

Wasn't a gamer before that simply due to lack of opportunity.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I was about 5 when i started playing video games, been collecting and playing them ever since, i have well over 200 games across lots of systems now.

EDIT: Sorry, i'm wrong, i was about 3 or 4

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
There was an NES and a Genesis in the house before I was even born.

And my first game (that I can remember) was Kirby's Dream Land 2, which came out before my second birthday.

So... pretty sure I was playing games almost literally since I was born.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
My mom says since I was 2.. That's pretty awesome, I basically introduced myself to it I remember playing alot 2D side scrollers and when I got older I discovered HL, Quake and Doom

Good times.

Mullac

Oct 6, 2012
I didn't actually play that many games when I first got into gaming. I mainly watched my older brother play them, I remember we used to get up early in the morning and I'd watch him play rayman 2...oh those were the days...

OT, I was about 5/6 when I first started to properly play.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
when i was five years old my parents bought me a PS1, so i've been gaming since. Don't regret a thing.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Dad let me play his Nintendo when I was as young as 2 apparently. I have memories of playing around with Duck Hunt and Super Mario Brothers when I was four or five as well. I had my own Super Nintendo when I was about 5 or 6 though and I really wish I could have kept that thing. Oh well: I have another one now because work, money and, independently-owned-video game retailer so all is right with the world (or rather it will be once I replace the save-batteries in some of my carts)

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
My older brother had an NES and an assortment of games.
My parents once tasked him with looking after his youngest sibling, a baby.
Something happened upstairs and by the time he came back down he was greeted to the image of a wee tyke failing at Super Mario Brothers. That baby was me.

I don't remember this and my earliest memories of playing a game were when I was two years old.
By that time it was usually an assortment of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Double Dragon. So from this, the earliest age I can estimate would be younger than two.

That might explain why my hand-eye coordination is pretty good.
Maybe.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Unsure, we couldn't really afford game consoles when I was younger so it makes me sad knowing I missed out on Pokemon and Mario and the SNES and N64s etc.
We eventually got given a second hand PS1 off my mum's friend cos her spoilt shit of a kid threw a tantrum when he got it and I usedto play Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Tomb Raider etc.
I used to visit my neighbors and my aunties, I'd beg and beg because they had better TV, a PC (which I didn't get until I was about 14) and a load of consoles. I'd play little bits of Mario, can't remember the game but he was in some castle and the room was filling up with water and I'd play Alex the Kid and Super Mario bros with my cousin after she insisted we play Barbies first ;_;

I found out I had another half brother and when he came to stay he'd bring his Gameboy but he was mean and nasty and wouldn't let me play it very often but I'd play Pokemon until I got bored and wasn't allowed to save it ;(

I must have been about 4 or 5? I've always loved playing games but I didn't get srs face until I was about 15.