Huge List Documents Elder Scrolls Characters Between Games

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Huge List Documents Elder Scrolls Characters Between Games

"Where Are They Now", TES Edition.

I'll admit, I never found much continuity to follow in The Elder Scrolls. They all take place in different lands, often hundreds of years apart from each other. Yet, some eagle-eyed fans noticed the common threads, and constructed [a href=http://imgur.com/a/xZ3BD]a massive list[/a] of the NPCs that carry over from game to game. Spoiler alert: not all of them end well.

For example, remember that alchemist in Oblivion who had you collect Nirnroot to study? He eventually journeys to Skyrim in search of Crimson Nirnroot, where you can still find his arrow-studded corpse. There's also the dark elf who first greets you on the boat in Morrowind. In Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC, we learn that he died at Kvatch during the Oblivion Crisis, and his soul was captured by a Dremora.

Not everyone suffered horribly. There's Volanaro, who we first meet as a simple guard in Morrowind. A few years later, he shows up as a prominent member of the Mages Guild in Bruma during Oblivion.

Perhaps the most interesting finding is that Sheogorath, the Prince of Madness encountered in Skyrim, is actually the player character from the Shivering Isles, marking the only time a player character has ever returned.

Aside from reading the in-game books, I never noticed how the worlds tied together. This list really makes me want to load up Morrowind and play those expansions I never got into.

Source: [a href=http://imgur.com/a/xZ3BD]St41n3dCl4ss[/a]

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Remember now, M'aiq The Liar has never been in an Elder Scrolls beyond Morrowind.

Fine.... Sorry I lied....

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
It's worth noting that in the mean time Jiuub somehow managed to drive the cliff Racers from Vvardenffell island and became a hero to all Dunmer in the process. Given his importance in that respect perhaps it's not a coincidence that an Oblivion Gate opened near him, maybe Hermaeus Mora was looking for an important soul to preserve and sent some followers specifically to make sure his memory wasn't lost to the void.

Or perhaps I am over thinking things...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
RatGouf said:
Remember now, M'aiq The Liar has never been in an Elder Scrolls beyond Morrowind.
M'aiq never had anything to say to anyone, M'aiq keeps himself to himself.

M'aiq is totally not immortal.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
It's worth noting that in the mean time Jiuub somehow managed to drive the cliff Racers from Vvardenffell island and became a hero to all Dunmer in the process. Given his importance in that respect perhaps it's not a coincidence that an Oblivion Gate opened near him, maybe Hermaeus Mora was looking for an important soul to preserve and sent some followers specifically to make sure his memory wasn't lost to the void.

Or perhaps I am over thinking things...
It would've been nice if he had driven the cliff racers off a new decades earlier. It would've saved me a load of grief in Morrowind.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Fifty-One said:
It would've been nice if he had driven the cliff racers off a new decades earlier. It would've saved me a load of grief in Morrowind.
But without all those racer plumes how would you go about levitating everywhere like a super floating pimp?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
fix-the-spade said:
RatGouf said:

I hear M'aiq's father's name was M'aiq as was his father and so on and so forth XD

Apr 28, 2008
IanDavis said:
Not everyone suffered horribly. There's Volanaro, who we first meet as a simple guard in Morrowind. A few years later, he shows up as a prominent member of the Mages Guild in Bruma during Oblivion.
Doesn't the Bruma Mages guild get attacked and everyone killed during the Mages Guild questline?

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Irridium said:
IanDavis said:
Doesn't the Bruma Mages guild get attacked and everyone killed during the Mages Guild questline?
Yup! And his soul was captured by King of Worms.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
Fifty-One said:
But without all those racer plumes how would you go about levitating everywhere like a super floating pimp?
Levitating is for chumps. Icarian Flight >> Levitation

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Mortuorum said:
fix-the-spade said:
Fifty-One said:
Levitating is for chumps. Icarian Flight >> Levitation
500 speed >>> Icarian flight

lol

Great illustrated list

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
As a newcomer to The Elder Scrolls (sort of), the only one I knew about was Sheogorath, and only because that's the more obvious one. Hell, in Skyrim, he even makes a reference or two to the events in Oblivion.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
IanDavis said:
They all take place in different lands, often hundreds of years apart from each other.
Actually, Skyrim is the only major timeskip in the series. Online is a prequel.
The rest takes place in a very short timeframe.
Elder Scrolls: online: 2nd era: 258.
Elder Scrolls: Arena: 3rd era: 399.
Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall: 3rd era: 405.
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind: 3rd era: 427.
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: 3rd era: 433.
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim: 4th Era: 201.
The bulk of the series takes place within 34 years.
fix-the-spade said:
RatGouf said:

"M'aiq has addressed this before. M'aiq believes M'aiq said something to the effect of "M'aiq's father was named M'aiq, and his father too.""

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I'd like the list if half the entries weren't "And he's in ESO and OMERGERD THEY FUXED TEH LOREZ!" Beyond that, very informative although I had known about most of these just from playing the series myself.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
M'aiq knew everyone in that list. He just wanted the fans to compile that list to make them feel smart. M'aiq is considerate in that way.