Humble Indie Bundle 3: Now With Minecraft

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Indie Bundle 3: Now With Minecraft

In case the Humble Indie Bundle 3 wasn't already dishing out enough awesomeness for you, it now comes with two weeks of Minecraft, absolutely free.

The third Humble Indie Bundle was unleashed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111898-The-Humble-Indie-Bundle-is-Back] a few days ago, giving players the opportunity to score five really good indie games - Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight and And Yet It Moves - at whatever price they want to pay and donate to a couple of really good causes in the process. That's a pretty amazing deal no matter how you look at it.

But you know what? Not amazing enough! So now, on top of everything else, every copy of the HIB3, no matter how much [or how little] was paid for it, comes with all the Minecraft [http://www.minecraft.net/] you can handle until August 14. It's true that most Humble Bundle buyers probably already own Minecraft but if you don't, this is a great opportunity to hop on the bandwagon.

Things are going rather swimmingly for the Humble Indie Bundle 3 so far. In less than three days, more than 155,000 copies have been purchased, adding up to nearly $750,000 in sales, with the top contribution coming from Mister Minecraft himself, aka Notch, who ponied up $4048.00. The Humble Indie Bundle 3 will only be on sale until August 9, so don't miss out! [http://www.humblebundle.com/]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I already have two of the games, don't like one, haven't heard of the rest and have no interest in MC. I don't think I'll pick this up. I know I can pay how much I want, but it just doesn't feel right to not give it its due. I'd still love to support indie devs, are the first 2 bundles still available?

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
pffft Throw it in all together Notch. Make it part of the bundle not a limited time offering. Seems kinda silly to use a charity sale as advertising/demo period....

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
koroem said:
pffft Throw it in all together Notch. Make it part of the bundle not a limited time offering. Seems kinda silly to use a charity sale as advertising/demo period....
I thought the same thing. Throw the whole thing in like everyone else rather than just demoing your product.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
I'm trying to find one of my friends to give the code away to. Most of my friends either already own minecraft or aren't interested or are busy with other games.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Your Nightmare said:
I take it I'm not the only one who has donated just $0.01 ..
That really makes me sad :\ These indie devs throw out these awesome games, in an awesome promotion, to try and raise some money for charity (and themselves). They give us the option to pay what we would like, and split that money up how we see fit. Yet, some people would rather pay a penny because they can *sigh*

Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying to spend a fortune. But, for God sakes, you can't even throw them $1? For 5 friggin games??? Just saying...

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
AnarchistAbe said:
Your Nightmare said:
That really makes me sad :\ These indie devs throw out these awesome games, in an awesome promotion, to try and raise some money for charity (and themselves). They give us the option to pay what we would like, and split that money up how we see fit. Yet, some people would rather pay a penny because they can *sigh*

Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying to spend a fortune. But, for God sakes, you can't even throw them $1? For 5 friggin games??? Just saying...
I know we're of different opinions, but if it makes you feel better - I have donated £0.01 to charity (on the first HB) and £0.02 to the devs (HB 2 + 3)

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Your Nightmare said:
AnarchistAbe said:
Your Nightmare said:

I know we're of different opinions, but if it makes you feel better - I have donated £0.01 to charity (on the first HB) and £0.02 to the devs (HB 2 + 3)
What's really sad is that you feel totally justified in being that cheap.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Your Nightmare said:
AnarchistAbe said:
Your Nightmare said:

I'm not trying to be preachy or anything. I just have a soft spot for the little guy xD

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
koroem said:
Well it's kind of tradition for the Humble Bundle to come with five games. Maybe next time, it'd proabably be officially released by then.

Anyway, I do plan on buying this once Paypal gives me my damn money. I have, and don't like, And Yet It Moves, but VVVVV is pretty cool if the demo is any indication, and the others look pretty cool as well.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Your Nightmare said:
AnarchistAbe said:
Your Nightmare said:

You might as well have just pirated them, the only difference is that what you did is technically legal (an irrelevant issue as you're hardly going to be hunted down by an indie dev).
The morality in each case is exactly the same, and shit both ways.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I'm not sure which is more pathetic, paying a penny for the Bundle or advertising it in a public forum.

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
Advertising it, is in my humble opinion the greater sin. Some people are just cheap skinflints but it takes a special type of gall to go out and announce it to the world.

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
wait, people dont have minecraft yet?
how do you breathe on mars?
For some people the game just holds no interest. I count myself among that number.

qwertyz

Mar 19, 2011
Cool, Minecraft with the bundle. Gives a nice taste to all the people who don't have it, and want to give to charity.

OT: I paid 10$ for the bundle. Helps me know I helped, just a little. I know if you pay less than a dollar, it hurts either company you send the payment through and no devs or charitys get a cent. So I'm glad I paid 10$