Hurricane Jose Will be Deported, White House Says

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
tippy2k2 said:
Man, Newcastle got hate and so did Taco. I need to step up my game I guess if I'm going to become a real Escapist contributor...

I guess someone told me I had a game release missing from my news story but it seemed more informative than hatred :(
You can't please all the people all the time. Most especially in online gaming communities. ;) Who's Newcastle? I must feed.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
tippy2k2 said:
Man, Newcastle got hate and so did Taco. I need to step up my game I guess if I'm going to become a real Escapist contributor...

I guess someone told me I had a game release missing from my news story but it seemed more informative than hatred :(
You can't please all the people all the time. Most especially in online gaming communities. ;) Who's Newcastle? I must feed.
Damn it! I keep doing that!

I either need to remember NewCLASSIC or talk him into changing his name :(

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Actually Jose is going to have an accident in the holding facility.

But really now, while i have no problem with satirical articles actually making it to the news reel The Escapist is gonna need more than that to climb its way back to relevance.

Lodum

Jul 30, 2012
Is this site really THIS desperate now?

I mean, really? I get it, things are going well. The content schedule is basically a pixel-thick blinking red line screaming for the enemy to finish you off, and, perhaps, branching out is what's going to save the site.

But really? This? Being another shitty The Onion clone?

This has been a poor week for this place, and it's only fucking Tuesday.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Katherine Kerensky said:
People complain about lack of content, get new, free comedy content, complain.
Just another day on the Escapist. Having a sense of humour is a bannable offence.
PsychicTaco's Taco News isn't new content. It's been 'content' for ages. And it was funny on the forums. But it does not belong in the News room.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
McElroy said:
JenSeven said:
A hurricane that can cost the lives and houses and property of a LOT of people, and then writing a parody news story about it.
"Hurricane Jose was an erratic, powerful, and long-lived tropical cyclone that caused minimal damage throughout its entire lifespan."

But sure if you equate this to any and all kinds of dark humor (of which this is not an example)...
Oh, I'm sorry, they used a picture of Hurricane HARVEY as the illustration for this.
As a non-US citizen I didn't immediately recognize the right hurricane that they made fun of.
As you do.
Because natural disasters that cause people a lot of stress and suffering, and possibly death is something that you make regular jokes about.
And this is definitely not an article using dark humor, this is an article that uses human suffering to get in a cheap Trump joke.

And this is called Taco News? Is this intended in the same way as this article, a cheap LOL Mexicans racism 'joke'?
Is this turning into some right winged parody of The Onion?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010

Cowabungaa said:
But it does not belong in the News room.
The term is anchorMAN. Not anchorTACO, and that is a scientific fact!

JenSeven said:
What shall we do for the next joke? Here is an idea, babies that are born with AIDS.
Yes, that sounds like a wonderful subject to make jokes about.
You know what? That's a great idea.

Babies with AIDS will be Deported, White House Says

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
JenSeven said:
And this is called Taco News? Is this intended in the same way as this article, a cheap LOL Mexicans racism 'joke'?
You must be new here, or you just don't pay attention to the forums. Either way, let me explain, PsychicTaco started Taco News years ago, wayyyy before Trump was even a glimmer of possibility. It's been a semi-regular thing on the forums as a general Onion (not Right Wing Onion, just general Onion.) style thing for a long time, and it's had people clamouring for it to get pushed onto the front page for nearly as long.

Plus, this may have been a poor choice of first article, but it's hardly the worst official article posted on the site this week.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
vallorn said:
JenSeven said:
You must be new here, or you just don't pay attention to the forums. Either way, let me explain, PsychicTaco started Taco News years ago, wayyyy before Trump was even a glimmer of possibility. It's been a semi-regular thing on the forums as a general Onion (not Right Wing Onion, just general Onion.) style thing for a long time, and it's had people clamouring for it to get pushed onto the front page for nearly as long.

Plus, this may have been a poor choice of first article, but it's hardly the worst official article posted on the site this week.
Ah, that explains why I haven't encountered this before.
When the whole Gamer Gate thing happened here, I distanced myself from the forums, so I guess I never encountered this.
See, I have been around The Escapist since about 2008, when Yahtzee himself moved here. I have had an account before this one, but lost it due to losing that Email address.
But yes, I have not been on the Escapist forums in a long long time and quite happy about that. It was a VERY toxic place for quite a while and I was not comfortable being around it anymore.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Oh I get it!
It's like The Onion
but not funny

But I can't say I'm particularly bothered by the subject matter
people die and the earth hates us

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
The funny thing is that Taco's story quickly received more attention and more comments than most News articles.

OT: Poor hurricanes: They're discriminated against by everyone. It ain't right. Ain't decent, neither.

EDIT: The New Yorker has satirical articles and has done so for ages and ages. There is a difference between satire and fake news.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, I didn't think the article was very funny, but I don't see why there's a problem with having it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Katherine Kerensky said:
People complain about lack of content, get new, free comedy content, complain.
Just another day on the Escapist. Having a sense of humour is a bannable offence.
Some of us prefer humor thats actually funny. And prefer news thats actually news.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
vallorn said:
JenSeven said:

It was always dumb. It just wasnt put into the news column. Kind of like how Trump was always terrible, but wasnt always President.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Don't feel sad Taco, I still love you!

People have just gotten to used to #FakeNews and can no longer tolerate greatness of a pure and true news source. Your news is just too pure for The Masses to handle now.

Do you remember the episode of The Simpsons where Lisa has the family eat a bunch of incredibly healthy food but the family gets violently ill because they are so used to processed garbage that their bodies can no longer handle wholesome food? Your news is the wholesome food and the processed meat is everything else in the world. Also, Spider-Pig is there. I'm....not sure why.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
People with no sense of humour complain that humour isn't funny to them. The thread. The Forum. The Legend.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
vallorn said:
People with no sense of humour complain that humour isn't funny to them. The thread. The Forum. The Legend.
Thats like saying people have no taste because there is food they dont like.

Just because not every stupid little thing makes a person laugh, they have no sense of humor? That is absurd and you know it.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
So how many badges did they pay you for SELLING OUT?

I come here for quality content like the Escapist Deal of the Week! Get this actual for real content stuff outta here!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

tippy2k2 said:
Man, Newclassic got hate and so did Taco. I need to step up my game I guess if I'm going to become a real Escapist contributor...
Oh oh, Tippy's gonna do an article too? Hold on, let me sharpen my pitchfork!